• ...and so much more!
  • TexasRedneck

1911 Nut
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    New Braunfels, TX
    If the wife is doing well enough by then, I'll be doing West.....but we gotta have chicken and watermelon there. Others might think it "crude", but trust me - Sterling will be laughing his butt off...an' trying to fry me with a lightenin' bolt!
    I'm gonna miss him like crazy - we understood each other and never thought there was ill will in anything we said. We often talked about the loss of satire and humor among the general public. Redd Foxx would never have made it today.
    Target Sports

TexasRedneck

1911 Nut
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    New Braunfels, TX
    That is a great idea. No better item to serve to honor Sterling than some Q.

I will smoke a brisket and bring it to Vaq's place. It likely won't be as good as his, but its the thought that counts.

I will defer to others to bring the sides.

Now....I'll be travelin' too far to transport, but may I suggest pork butt? Pulled pork with sweet slaw - it's good whether hot or cold weather, and Sterling did love it (he just didn't like the hassle of making it...lol). I've got an excellent dry rub for the pork, and a sauce that'd damned near bring Sterling back for a bite of it. If someone wants to make it, I'll supply the recipes and cover the cost of the meat.

TxStetson

Opinionated and Irritable
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 9, 2013
    The Big Country
    Now....I'll be travelin' too far to transport, but may I suggest pork butt? Pulled pork with sweet slaw - it's good whether hot or cold weather, and Sterling did love it (he just didn't like the hassle of making it...lol). I've got an excellent dry rub for the pork, and a sauce that'd damned near bring Sterling back for a bite of it. If someone wants to make it, I'll supply the recipes and cover the cost of the meat.
    I'm in Abilene so I can handle that if you need. You can also PM me if you don't want to broadcast any secret recipes.

deemus

my mama says I'm special
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    DFW

I can smoke a pork butt. I have a nice rub I've used several times. TXStetson, you up for making the slaw? Someone else can pick up the buns.

Feel free to PM me the rub recipe and I will compare to mine.

Last edited:

TxStetson

TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 9, 2013
    The Big Country
    I can smoke a pork butt. I have a nice rub I've used several times. TXStetson, you up for making the slaw? Someone else can pick up the buns.

Feel free to PM me the run recipe and I will compare to mine.
    I can do that. I have a couple frozen briskets I can thaw and smoke too.

Vaquero

Moving stuff to the gas prices thread.....
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Apr 4, 2011
    Dixie Land
    I'm really looking forward to making this happen. I'm in the Nothern Palestine area between Athens & Palestine for reference to anyone coming out.

I have a rifle range out to 150 & separate pistol area. We can shoot 3 peeps at each. If you have a folding table bring it. If you have steel bring it. Other than that have fun & be safe.

TxStetson

TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 9, 2013
    The Big Country
    Latest update:

East:

EZ-E
    Sam7sf
    popsgarland
    Brains
    Glenn B
    Moonpie
    candcallen
    thescoutranch

West:

Vaquero
    easy rider
    FireInTheWire
    robertc1024
    V-Tach
    jrbfishin
    deemus
    vmax
    TxStetson

Maybe:

baboon (East)
    Byrd666
    Geezer (East)
    Coiled (East)
    smittyb (East)
    General Zod (East)
    TexasRedneck (West)
    @Maverick44 (East)
    @innominate (East)
    @Dawico (West)

Also @Darkpriest667 and @KJQ6945 haven't decided which side of the plate they’re batting from.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom