• ...and so much more!
  • zackmars

Novice Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 4, 2015
    Texas
    Neither.

Bullpups suck when shooting/manipulating the gun in unconventional posistions. Add in body armor and it gets worse.

If i had to use a bullpup, it'd be an aug, but it'd need to use aug mags. The augs nato stock isn't bad, but manipulation sucks

candcallen

Crotchety, Snarky, Truthful. You'll get over it.
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2011
    Little Elm
    He must be using the libs book of gun crime definitions.

Was a gun within in 1000 ft of any crime? Its gun related.

Was a round fired in the general direction of 2 or more people? It's a mass shooting.

Is the person who fired a weapon dead? If no it's an active shooter.

Was a school within 1000 yards? School shooting.

Did the shooter have more than one gun or ten rounds of ammo? It's an arsenal.

If all participants are criminals like gangs or drug dealers it's a war zone terrorising good citizens.

Can you combine 2 or more of the above? Launch outrage machine, book time on MSNBC and call for gun control. Tears are authorized if a child was at least in ear shot of the incident.

Enochwel

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 15, 2015
    "He must be using the libs book of gun crime definitions."

Honestly, are you that wound up irl? I sincerely hope not.

When I'm going to a call and victims stack up on the way, I'm treating it as an active shooter... what else would you have me do?

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Enochwel

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 15, 2015
    Neither.

Bullpups suck when shooting/manipulating the gun in unconventional posistions. Add in body armor and it gets worse.

If i had to use a bullpup, it'd be an aug, but it'd need to use aug mags. The augs nato stock isn't bad, but manipulation sucks
    Thanks for that. I'm keeping my AR in trunk, but I needed something I can get out of my car easily and quickly. Ive never trained on a bullpup, so the insight is valuable. If it were up to me I'd carry an ar pistol, but its not.

Tactical Panda

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 30, 2019
    DFW
    I think it’s your wording that is confusing.

If a call goes out of a shooting, followed by another, then it's an active shooter.

This quote implies if you have 2 calls regarding the same incident, it’s an active shooter. That does not necessarily mean “victims are stacking up.”

No one is telling you how you should or shouldn’t treat your calls for service, that’s between you and your agency. It’s simply that when most people think of an active shooter, they chalk up visions of a crazed gunman(s) shooting up a school, mall, etc.

zackmars

Novice Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 4, 2015
    Texas
    Thanks for that. I'm keeping my AR in trunk, but I needed something I can get out of my car easily and quickly. Ive never trained on a bullpup, so the insight is valuable. If it were up to me I'd carry an ar pistol, but its not.

A 14.5" p&w with a CAR stock isn't too bad, you could even get something like the various PDW stocks or the LWRC ultra compact sets to shave some inches

cycleguy2300

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Austin, Texas
    Steyr AUG A3 M1 or IWI X95?

I'm going back and forth between these two... I've already decided its going to be between either of these. Coolness and nostalgia factors mean absolutely nothing. Gotta be reliable. Cost of upgrading x95 trigger to the gieselle is also not an issue.

So for the purpose of front seat of patrol car, with the assumption of being on scene during an active shooter situation once per week and serving felony warrants/clearing houses, which of these two would you depend on and why?
    Thanks for your input!

That is such a BS set of scenarios... WTF is at an active shooter every week??

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk

cycleguy2300

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Austin, Texas
    If a call goes out of a shooting, followed by another, then it's an active shooter. When in hindsight we find 2 shooters targeting 2 or more specific people, but yea there's been a lot of activity lately. It is abnormal, but I've run code to 4 such scenes over the span of a month. And served a felony takedown and a warrant on two of them. So I need a new gun.

What department do you work for?Besides all the other screwed up nonsensical tacwannabewetdream rubbish you keep saying that's not the definition of an active shooter... and how do you serve a felony takedown? What does that even mean?? I am calling poser/BS on this guy until he provides some creds...

Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    What department do you work for?Besides all the other screwed up nonsensical tacwannabewetdream rubbish you keep saying that's not the definition of an active shooter... and how do you serve a felony takedown? What does that even mean?? I am calling poser/BS on this guy until he provides some creds...

Yeah, Cycleguy2300 definitely has the prerequisite experience to detect bullshit, and there is something familiar to me about the way the OP is wording his posts. I have seen this before( and no, I am not saying this is a retread member)

satx78247

Member, Emeritus
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2014
    To All,

Offhand the ONLY 2 places that I can think of in CONUS with that sort of constant violence is Chicago & southside Philly.
    (I've been TDY in both places & have NO interest in returning to either place.)

yours, satx

candcallen

Crotchety, Snarky, Truthful. You'll get over it.
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2011
    Little Elm

Yet another reason why folks BS meter are going off.

dfwpi

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 26, 2016
    Steyr AUG A3 M1 or IWI X95?

I'm going back and forth between these two... I've already decided its going to be between either of these. Coolness and nostalgia factors mean absolutely nothing. Gotta be reliable. Cost of upgrading x95 trigger to the gieselle is also not an issue.

So for the purpose of front seat of patrol car, with the assumption of being on scene during an active shooter situation once per week and serving felony warrants/clearing houses, which of these two would you depend on and why?
    Thanks for your input!

After reading all these posts, I must say you live in a “war zone.” First off, you better think about the aftermath before you get this sort of gun. Meaning, but first, I can only believe you are early in your career, probably less than 2-years on the job. And you either work for a SO or a very small police department. This is all my opinion after working 30+years in law enforcement.

The department should be issuing you this weapon as they will face a major lawsuit if something was to go wrong with your actions, as well as yourself. And yes, it’s better to be judged by 12 than carried by 5. But also remember, more and more cops are facing criminal charges these days for their actions.

And lastly, remember if you do fire that weapon it’s going to be taken from you for evidence and no telling when, or if you will get it back. So, tell your supervisor to provide you with this weapon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    So, @Enochwel , what security company do you work for. Given your posts, I have a suspicion , but I won’t name them.

I will say if you trust the police in that particular agency to have your back by stating you were acting at their direction, I hope you have a good felony lawyer on retainer.

zackmars

Novice Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 4, 2015
    Texas
    034d2cda203e05f3447a06af7ca8540c.jpg

?

Attachments

• 034d2cda203e05f3447a06af7ca8540c.jpg
      034d2cda203e05f3447a06af7ca8540c.jpg
      224.1 KB · Views: 448