• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Canuck223

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    I bought my fiber optic front and Dynamic rear sight, and the big button stainless mag catch from the Canadian distributor.

Grand Power have a new model, the K22 listed. It appears to be a full sized rimfire model. However, with a fixed barrel, I don't know if it will be available as a kit if STI picks it up. My guess is the barrel will be pinned to the reciever insert.

My STI source suggests that the K22 and other new GP models are being actively discussed with STI, and may be imported. I just hope that the .22lr version, if imported, can be had with a 106mm barrel. The listed 93mm barrel is too short for import to Canada.
    DK Firearms

CZTeenie

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 9, 2009
    Disposable CGocks. I like that. Do real shooters really shoot Glocks? It seems to me the only people I see shooting Glocks are people who shoot once a year or new shooters, I own two for the new shooters.

DirtyD

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 20, 2008
    Spring
    Hey Jeff, I am an amature, part time, new shooter, not really a REAL shooter I guess. I only just now figured out which end the metal bullet thingy comes out of.... good thing I bought a Glock!

CZTeenie

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 9, 2009
    Let's see. Sunday I had 11 students. We shot over 5800 rounds in 5 sidearms. Saturday my CX4 Storm saw over 2,500 rounds.

TehLlama

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Weaponlight Compatibility

Just got off the phone with the guys at STI, they helpfully waded through a box of weaponlights after I informed them that the X300 and X400's do not fit.

What fits:
    Insight's X2, M2, WX150, SSL-1
    Streamlight TLR-1, TLR-2

Still no sure about the BHI Xiphos.

The Surefire X400/X300's don't fit, and the space needed (trigger guard inteferes) would probably make the disassembly/assembly with the guard less workable, so I'm probably going to go with the WX-150 Procyon.

As for custom holsters - I guess I'll have to choose between Hoffner's and the RavenConcealmentSystems on that.

As far as personal experience with this, got this for my wife (well, fiancee, but got married while it was still on order :), it's performed great since then. One FTE with the thousand or so Blazer Al cased 115gr - have been too busy (read: in really crappy country) to run the Hornady 124gr +P through it, but it's been a great pistol.

I really like the ability to cycle the slide with the safety on, as well as the half-cock safety on storage (which limits slide travel significantly)

I can't wait to get some of the 20rd magazines (from the GP6C), again, it sounds like STI can't even get enough of them to bundle with the GP6C's they already have imported.
    I'm still working on converting some CZ-75 magazines (hopefully just need to dremel mag catch slots in them), maybe pave the way for using 19rd MecGars (at a much lower price)

Improvements I want: bigger mag catch (will order w/ mags), glad this come with the Charlie model.
    Other improvements: the STi hammer makes this a terrible CCW choice for a woman - if I could get a tuned EDM cut trigger in the older format (or something similar to the Vicker 1911 hammers) I'd happily pay that.
    The safety levers are a bit thin, could do with being more positive. The S&W M&P got this right. Resistance could be a bit higher, I find myself riding the safety a bit up when firing, though my wife has zero problem with this (smaller hands)
    Modular backstraps are something that will need to be along at some point. The sweet SA trigger will only keep the K100 ahead for so long.
    A metal guide rod would be a plus, especially for IPSC/IDPA competition shooting, and a bit more confidence inspiring for go-to pistols.
    Finally, I think the biggest thing needed would be a monolith style longer dust cover on the frame - minimal weight added, would allow X300's to be mounted, and not add much cost.
    The sights work, the fiberoptic sights are great for game guns. I'm working on trying to get tritium inserts on mine, and maybe get a Yost/10-8 style rear sight - I don't see this becoming a standard option, but thanks to the insights of Hiltom Yam, I really want to turn this into a duty style weapon (hence weaponlight and 24/7 capable sights).

Last, I hope this does well enought to warrant a 5" version, and a true compact version.

Top Bottom