• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Canuck223

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Well folks, I've made it through my first two IPSC matches with this gun. So far, I'm very impressed. The Fiber Optic front sight is definately worth buying if you shoot in competition. It's far brighter than I'd expected.

My slide stop pin has started to creep out a few mm during the course of a match. I may get my smith to try the fix mentioned above.

One word to the wise for guys using race holsters. I use a Hogue for IPSC, and had a problem during a stage where I choose to keep the lock engaged. I needed to haul butt prior to shooting, and left the gun in the holster and locked. I snatched the gun prematurely, before fully disengaging the lock, and popped the trigger guard down.

I didn't realize this, and after one shot, the slide locked open. My tap-rack-bang drill to fix the problem turned into a tap-rack-slingshot

I launched the slide, barrel, and recoil spring downrange. I am happy to report that the tenifer finish really does hold up to abuse, as mine did a half gainer and slid across a concrete floor.
    Guns International

daddySEAL

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 12, 2008
    Leander, TX
    Better get your orders in line FAST with your FFL or STI to reserve one from STI's upcoming shipment!.

The word on this incredable pistol has gotten out...as I knew it would.

I'm so very glad I was 1st in line when their 1st shipment came in last year!
    (I had read about them since '06 and "drooled"...and it is Everything they said it was...and also the Canadians, that have had them for 2 1/2 yrs)

daddySEAL

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 12, 2008
    Leander, TX
    Hey fellow Texan (htxred)....where can I see about GP6 with LaserMax (small profile) holsters, Friend?

You don't seem to respond to your request for PM inquiries!...and you on vacation, or something????????
    Please reply, OK?

daddySEAL

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 12, 2008
    Leander, TX
    The Awesome GUNZILLA that I use exclusively now

And htxred,
    NOW I remember why I can fire my GP6 "dirty" with no problems after about 3 trips to my range.

It's the AWESOME cleaner/lube/metal preservative that I've used Exclusively, since find it about 1 1/2 yrs ago.....GUNZILLA

I called the company owner (and creator) to order a military discount on a case to ship tp a friend fighting in Iraq, and he told me a Very Interesting bit of info.

He said the Federal ICE Agency (Immigration and Customs Enforcement) contacted him about an independent test they ran on weapon various well know cleaner/lube products.
    They had 6 Agent shooters clean their issued identical pistols with 5 different well known lube/cleaning products, plus one with the "as yet, lesser known" GUNZILLA. They told him that the test was to all use 5 fully loaded mags each in a very rapid fire test, quickly reloading mag. after mag. as fast as they could until all rounds were fired (hitting a target was not important).

They said the GUNZILLA cleaned pistol operated flawlessly, never jammed, misfiringed or anything..."smooth as glass" (Which I know is true from using it this long).
    But ALL the other 5 pistols with other lube/cleaners had at least one, or more misfires and could complete the test before the GUNZILLA clean pistol was through.

Then on those 5 that failed, all they had to do to make them operate flawlessly was to rack the slide back (no field stripping) and squirt some GUNZILLA into them and along slide rails (from the outside), rack the slide a few times...and they all operated without misfire!
    Cool, eh?

Now when you think of ICE, you'll know what ALL they Federal Agents are issued.

The stuff is Incredably Great!
    Read here about it...the troops in Iraq and Afghanistan crave the stuff because their weapons don't jam or misfire during firefights!

Read about it at their website:
    [url]www.topduckproducts.com[/URL]

dS

bookwurm99

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 25, 2008
    request for holsters.

i called Comp Tac this week asking if they had anything for the gp6 yet and they said that they didn't. they did say that they would make a prototype if they got enough requests. their number is 281-209-3040. located in spring tx. i would love to have a minotaur mtac holster for it. [url]http://www.comp-tac.com/product_info.php?products_id=95[/URL]
    please put in requests for it so we can get them to make a prototype.

CZTeenie

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 9, 2009
    I shoot every week. I am an instructor and my students shoot my guns. I am guessing I have put 2,000 round per week through my GP6 since mid January. Silver Bear. Wolf. Barnaul. It does not matter. It will shoot anything. I have not taken the GP6 apart yet. The extent of my cleaning is to line 10 or so guns up after a class. Spray some WD40 in their general direction. Pick them up with a towel and give 'em a quick wipe as they are put in the case. The ONLY guns that need me to clean them more thoroughly are the Glocks, Kimbers and the S&W semi autos. That is why the Glocks, Kimbers and the S&W semi autos do not get much range time. You may think GP's design needs constant cleaning. But I have not cleaned it once sine I have owned it.

Okierifleman

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Houston
    I have two of them, and you are right, they are not finicky at all. I bought my first one back in January and have probably put about 5K through it before I had my first FTF, so I figured I had better take it apart and clean it. The other one is home unfired in the safe.

CZTeenie

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 9, 2009
    If anyone hears of a GTI GP6 for sale, please let me know. My husband wants one now. I only have the 1. We prefer a used one because it will already be broken in and more importantly, the cost will be less.

Thanks!!!

shilohshooters

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2008
    north houston
    We have a new shipment of GP6's at Shiloh, give us a call, 281-444-8930. We should have some new Hoffner's paddle holster's for the Gp6 as well. Great holsters with minimal muzzle clearance, very fast...

htxred

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 6, 2008
    inner loop houston
    we will be having a new shipment of STI GP6-C's in pretty soon. Competition model, specifically designed for competitive shooting in a sense it will have extended mag release, fiber optic front sight and an adjustable rear sight. it will also come with an extra magazine. Perfect for those who like to shooooooooot.

htxred

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 6, 2008
    inner loop houston
    I shoot every week. I am an instructor and my students shoot my guns. I am guessing I have put 2,000 round per week through my GP6 since mid January. Silver Bear. Wolf. Barnaul. It does not matter. It will shoot anything. I have not taken the GP6 apart yet. The extent of my cleaning is to line 10 or so guns up after a class. Spray some WD40 in their general direction. Pick them up with a towel and give 'em a quick wipe as they are put in the case. The ONLY guns that need me to clean them more thoroughly are the Glocks, Kimbers and the S&W semi autos. That is why the Glocks, Kimbers and the S&W semi autos do not get much range time. You may think GP's design needs constant cleaning. But I have not cleaned it once sine I have owned it.
    your glocks need to be cleaned thoroughly??? :1zhelp:

Canuck223

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Well folks, I suppose it's time for a 6 month review.

I've had my GP6 since the winter. I've shot 8 IPSC matches, including a Level III (Ontario Provincial Championship). Aside from matches, I've probably had it to the club 6 times for practice and chrono work.

I upgraded my gun with the OEM big buttom mag catch, fiber optic front and Dynamic rear sight.

So far in approx 2k of shooting, I've had not even one stoppage, jam, misfeed, etc. It just goes bang every time.

I haven't cleaned it for the last 1000 rounds, and it's still running like a top.

My slide stop pin will slightly creep to the side, but I've done nothing about it except to tap it back in after the match is over.

bookwurm99

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 25, 2008
    is it possible to get the parts that come on the competition guns seperately like the competition sights? and does anyone know if they are planning on making a .22 rimfire conversion kit?

Top Bottom