Sti gp6

Discussion in 'Handguns' started by htxred, Aug 28, 2008.

1. htxred

htxred Active Member

Apr 6, 2008
    inner loop houston
    Not sure how many TGT members had a chance to run a mag or two through it at the Shiloh/TGT bbq, but i think this is the next polymer on get list. The rest is basically a 1911 reset on a polymer da/sa pistol. freakin schweeeet, and with a rotating bbl (like the beretta) its pretty much a nail driver so long as you know your basics when it comes to shooting. lol. its not gonna make a blind man a marksman!

few things i dont like about it would probably just be the cosmetics, i'd definitely would hand mine over to Dale Hunnicutt and have him do adjustments to the frame, other then that, i really think comptac should quickly make holsters for it! My boss and owner of Shiloh shooting range put all 10 in the bullseye with his first magazine. The look on his face when he showed me was priceless, then he went and ruined his target with a rapid fire, but all shots were still center mass. The reset is basically non-existant. Unlike other polymer pistols, as soon as you begin to release pressure from the trigger, it resets, great for follow up shots and really helps stay on target. Few mentioned the dislikes of a thumb safety, but with a trigger that light, thumb safeties come in handy. I predict the GP6 to become a staple in the competitive shooting world around these parts and i know of a few that will consider conceal carrying it as well.

from what i've read/talked, STI got everything ready for shipment and should start disbursing in september.

STI International - GP6

[​IMG]

2. mac79912

mac79912 Well-Known

Mar 4, 2008
    I have the Spartan and it is one my favorites.I saw the GP6 at the Las Vegas show and can"t wait till the BATFE approves it.

3. htxred

htxred Active Member

Apr 6, 2008
    inner loop houston
    already been approved, they're just waitin on a transport permit

4. LittleGun

LittleGun Active Member

Jun 27, 2008
    Spring/Houston
    I put 3 mags through the GP6. I was impressed with it.

5. shilohshooters

shilohshooters Active Member

Mar 29, 2008
    north houston
    My Gawd! Did you feel the reset on that thing? Shortest reset I have ever felt on a stock gun. 6 shot hammer drill was a freakin blast!:banger:

6. TalonRob

TalonRob Member

Jun 17, 2008
    Houston, TX
    AAAHHHH! You guys are killing me! I had no idea Jose had it there. I would have made Chris babysit the table to shoot that one!
    :(

7. SIG_Fiend

SIG_Fiend Administrator TGT Supporter Admin

Feb 21, 2008
    Austin, TX
    While I didn't get a chance to shoot it, I was impressed with the groupings I saw of everyone shooting it in the lane next to me! Target after target, person after person, the groupings were all fist sized and smaller (including some pretty fast rapid fire). I'm sure the few of you that I saw shoot it have a good grasp on your firing fundamentals, but still the gun seemed to make the job that much easier. ;)

8. Texas1911

Texas1911 TGT Addict

May 29, 2017
    Austin, TX
    Everyone seemed to really like it. It may not be the prettiest gun on the table, but I didn't hear any complaints.

9. htxred

htxred Active Member

Apr 6, 2008
    inner loop houston
    looks like i'll be getting one if there is one left after all the customers pick theirs up. in the meantime, im trying to piece together a rifle build. looking to get a gas piston ar15, flat top with free float rail and flip up sights. problem is, i cant find anything under 1500 that includes a ctr stock. lol.

10. Texas1911

Texas1911 TGT Addict

May 29, 2017
    Austin, TX
    STI International - What's New

Someone at STI slapped us on the top of the list (for the time being).

Ngoc you might want to include a better review :P

I didn't get to shoot it, but from the other STIs I've shot before, I can only imagine it's good stuff.