• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • htxred

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 6, 2008
    inner loop houston
    steve, the owner of shiloh, and i shot 10 rnds each at 21 ft (7yrds)

mine is the top, steve's is the bottom. my excuse is i didnt have a big bright red circle to aim at, i was aiming into a square.... lol.
    sb4im9.jpg

daddySEAL

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 12, 2008
    Leander, TX
    Sweet, huh htxred?!!!!
    Yes Guys,
    I finally got to shoot my new GP6 Sunday.

I totally Blew Away the bullseye on Many paper targets at the 12 yard range.

For a compact autoloader, It IS the closest I've ever shot to a True NAIL DRIVER!!!!
    (sorry no pics, but you will get the from htxred and others who have cameras and know how to post photos here)

Even those at the range who weren't noticing what was happening to my targets, noticed that I was firing 18 rounds without reloading.

And all with VERY Low recoil and Very Low muzzel flip.
    An Incredable pistol!
    Flat Incredable!!!

I LOVE IT!!!!
    dS

juwaba98

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 9, 2008
    North Zulch, TX
    Yes Guys (htxred and everyone)
    I finally got to shoot my new GP6 Sunday.

I totally Blew Away the bullseye on Many paper targets at the 12 yard range.

It IS the closest I've ever shot to a True NAIL DRIVER!!!!

And all with VERY Low recoil and muzzel flip.
    An Incredable pistol!

I LOVE IT!!!!
    dS

Awesome! Congrats on your tack driver. Keep up the good words and you'll make me have to get one. My wife will love that!

Gmofftarki

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 4, 2008
    Morning friends,

My name is John and I'm from Connecticut, but my local gunstore recently got in the STI GP6, and you guys seem to be the only forum that actively discusses this new firearm.

Held it in the store, seemed light, pointed nicely, had beautiful sights on it for the price, and a phenomenal trigger when dry-fired (haven't wet-fired one yet).

I'm going through the process of obtaining my CCW/Pistol permit (in this state, you need a permit to even purchase a pistol, let alone carry one), and the STI is at the top of my list for "first handgun".

Two quick questions:
    1. Have there been any failures-to-feed, incompatible ammo's (has anyone used a lot of JHP's with it yet), or other reliability issues?

2. Has anyone found a good IWB holster for it yet for the sake of concealability? I know it's a pretty large double-stack pistol... but I'm a pretty big double-stack guy...

Your responses most appreciated.

htxred

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 6, 2008
    inner loop houston
    we found that the comp-tac infidel for a non railed g29/30 will fit nicely for IWB. OWB, i've read various grand power forums that they use a uncle mike's kydex paddel for the glock 21 (size 25).

i've ran winchester rangers and federal premium through it with no problems along with blazer brass. the design and setup leads me to believe it most likely will not be picky when it comes to ammo. have not had any failure to feeds but 1 failure to eject that im not positive what the blame should be.

Gmofftarki

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 4, 2008
    htxred said:
    we found that the comp-tac infidel for a non railed g29/30 will fit nicely for IWB. OWB, i've read various grand power forums that they use a uncle mike's kydex paddel for the glock 21 (size 25).

i've ran winchester rangers and federal premium through it with no problems along with blazer brass. the design and setup leads me to believe it most likely will not be picky when it comes to ammo. have not had any failure to feeds but 1 failure to eject that im not positive what the blame should be.
    Thanks for the response on the holsters and the ammo. Should prove useful.

Did you happen to get the chance to run it over the chrono with Federal HST or Winchester Ranger +P's?

Interested in what kind of velocity can be expected.

Texas1911

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 29, 2017
    Austin, TX
    Thanks for the response on the holsters and the ammo. Should prove useful.

Did you happen to get the chance to run it over the chrono with Federal HST or Winchester Ranger +P's?

Interested in what kind of velocity can be expected.

It's a lands and groove barrel, so expect similar velocity to a similar length pistol.

daddySEAL

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 12, 2008
    Leander, TX
    Gmofftarki,
    No FTEs or FTLs or any other "hiccup" from incredably accurate perfection
    (except my user caused issue)

I always use a heavier grained ammo to break in my new pistols.
    STI uses 115gr. to test fire it, but I'm currently using 124gr. NATO FMJ rounds.

dS
    (Get one...You Will Love It!!!)

Gmofftarki

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 4, 2008
    That price from a certain online retailer on HST 147gr is very appealing...

Very interested in any testing anyone's done with the 147gr HST so far.

Top Bottom