• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • diverge

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 8, 2008
    Houston, TX
    This is now added to my gun list. My wife is going to be very upset for all of you convincing me into buying this. The peer pressure in these forums is terrible.
    Texas SOT

shilohshooters

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2008
    north houston
    Just tell her to go buy a purse and some shoes. Worked last week when I got my 556, although she still doesn't know that I plan on giving the 556 a little brother with the 556 pistol. Guess I'll have to intercept the AMEX bill this month.

daddySEAL

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 12, 2008
    Leander, TX
    STI told me on last Friday morning, that the GP6 shipment is on the way "in the air" being shipped to them (after landing and clearing Customs).

Also that it will take STI about a week after they receive them, to check them all out to make sure they are perfect before distributing them to the various local dealers for their clients.

WooHooo!

shilohshooters

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2008
    north houston
    As of about 30 minutes ago the GP6's are sitting in Austin awaiting their tax stamp either today or tomorrow. They will be received by STI by "late in the day" tomorrow. STI just has to add their logo and stamp of approval after arrival. They will ship late in the week or early next week. There will be one in our rental fleet so you can actually feel what a great investment these are before you part with your hard earned money!

SIG_Fiend

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 21, 2008
    Austin, TX
    One of the GP6's has my name on it :P

I'll give Rabbit a call tomorrow.

You better let me shoot it, or else. ;) lol j/k After hearing all of the raving reviews about them, I'm intrigued to see just how decent they are. All I know is at the last TGT/Shiloh event, EVERY single person shooting it was making nice and tight groups which kind of surprised me.

htxred

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 6, 2008
    inner loop houston
    whoa whoa whoa, kind of suprised you? we at Shiloh pride ourselves with all the great shooters we have. its nothing suprising at all about a shiloh shooter making nice nickle sized holes.

whats suprising is a fat asian doing 30 pushups :p

daddySEAL

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 12, 2008
    Leander, TX
    htexred,
    Are you kidding? You can have UPS deliver it straight to your house down there without ATF registration signature form with serial number with a firearms dealer?

DirtyD

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 20, 2008
    Spring
    okay, little late in the game, but now I have to decide between trying to get one of these and building an AR....

TAZ

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 17, 2008
    Round Rock
    Not a bad looking gun, even with all those etched logos and stuff all over it. Will definitely need to handle one as soon as I can.

How did STI get over the patented Beretta rotating barrel bit?

htxred

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 6, 2008
    inner loop houston
    On this day, October 30, 2008, STI Intl. has blessed us here at Shiloh Indoor shooting range with a handful of the recently imported new GP6. A display case is being prepped as I write this to exhibit the fine craftsmanship that STI has made available to us here in the US. At first glance, the size and cosmetic design of the pistol is rather offsetting. With front and rear cocking serrations, you can pretty much automatically assume the pistol is designed for the competitive shooters of this world. DA/SA, STI used its own hammer design which adds a sense of Texas style to the pistol. The grip angle and design might take some getting used to, the double stack magazine will be able to hold as much as 19 rnds of 9mm. Rotating barrel design might give the pistol a big advantage on accuracy, but us ‘real’ shooters know that accuracy is obtained when you use your sights and not slap/jerk the trigger. For shooters with smaller hands, rest assured that all function controls are easily reached (I have small hands) and the pistol fits rather comfortably, sight acquisition is rather quick on the draw and despite the grip angle, there is a natural feeling of pointing forward, similar to the 1911s.

For now, that is all that “knock at Shiloh” wrote, but every now and then, be sure to check back, I will be keeping a very detailed log of round count, experiences, and other jibber jabber that comes to mind when shooting the GP6.

From what i've read, the Uncle Mike's Kydex holster for a glock 21 will work, along with a bladetech for a SW M&P

and now, for the pictures...
    2uz5ks6.jpg

21ke068.jpg

TAZ

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 17, 2008
    Round Rock
    So what is up with the size??? Why do you say people will be put off? Are we talking MK23 size wise or G17.

Coogan

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 30, 2008
    I pick up my GP6 tomorrow. Would've had it last Saturday, but buying a Colt M1911A1, a NIB Sig W. German P220 and a Remington 03A3 kinda put the funds in a crunch.

Anyway, I did fondle my GP6 last weekend. It is a fine piece, I have no doubt it will do well on the range.

Things of interest (at some point I will email STI for official word):

The frame is marked "Frame made in Slovakia" - does this mean that STI is making the slide and barrel? I see no proof marks that appear on the K100 Mk6 so I think this may be possible. I do find it odd that STI has their info branded into the frame on the underside of the dust cover as opposed to molded in during manufacture.

The finish looks like the finish used on the K100 Mk6, but STI lists it as "blued". Is the Tenifer treatment used or not? A huge bummer if it is not....

For those interested - the safety is just that, no decocker. It may also be carried hammer down with safe on. The controls work well from either side - I felt no "preference" on right or left.

I'll probably have more to add later. I did notice that a few replies have disappeared....was there a server issue?

Semper Fi,

Mike

Coogan

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 30, 2008
    Oh, as far as size, think service sidearm. Not a compact by any means, but not Mk23 enormous either.

308nato

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Between Tomball & Waller
    I was there this morning when Steve was checking out one of the
    GP6's and I gotta say it has one of the sweetest double action
    trigger pulls that I have ever come across streight from the factory.

Coogan

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 30, 2008
    OK, just picked up my GP6. Very happy.

The double action pull is on par with my '88 pre-B CZ75. This is the pistol I have used to rate double action pulls. They are a tie.

Manual is lacking, including the one typo I found. The plastic case...well, I've seen better at Walmart.

The sight "key" is actually an Allen wrench for the rear sight screw.

After some inspection, I do think the Tenifer treatment was used. The finish is not "blued". It is similar in texture to the original Glock finish and that used on the Steyr M-A1 series - the color is different though. The only 100% way to know is to ask.

Overall I am happy with the piece. The real test will be range time.

I already think I have a list of improvements that could be done, but trigger time will say for sure.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    DSDExpresso
    Top Bottom