• ...and so much more!
  • Dawico

Uncoiled
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Lampasas, Texas
    I learned my lesson shooting steel too close with a rifle. I have the scar on my arm to prove it and dang that spot was tender for a long time.
    Capitol Armory ad

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Buddy used to have a .36 cal Remington black powder pistol. We were shooting at an old weedeater. Ball bounced off the gas tank and left a lead streak across my arm.

First time shooting my first .50. I had gotten the scope close at 50 yards and moved back to a bench to finish. Supper excited about my new rifle I was about to shoot again when I realized my safety glasses were on. Stopped and corrected the issue, shot, and the whole world started spinning. Sat still until things settled and while trying to figure out what happened I noticed my ear protection laying on the bench. Never shoot a .50 without ear pro.

As a kid we used to play tag with BB guns. I had a cheap one that was pretty weak, buddy had one that used CO2. His cartridle was nearly empty so it wasn't too strong, but it had run out mid game so he put in a new one. I ran by and took a shot while he was in a tree. He fired back and a pellet lodged in to the joint of my wrist. Pried it out and decided using sling shots would be safer...

Bozz10mm

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 5, 2013
    Georgetown
    I was probably 11 or so. Had a Daisy Model 25, not one of those weak Red Ryders. I was wearing leather shoes and in one of those "I wonder what would happen" moments, I placed the barrel on on top of my right foot, just about where the toes begin, and pulled the trigger.

Not a scratch on the shoe, but damn, it hurt. Really hurt for a while. For those of you not familiar with the Daisy model 25, courtesy of Pyramyd Air

upload_2017-7-1_9-2-19.jpeg

dsgrey

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 25, 2015
    Denton County
    Daisy BB gun. Shot at the concrete one time and the BB bounced off and hit my grandpa in the forehead. The first and only time I ever heard him cuss. Older brother was going to beat me up one time and chased my a mile back to the house but every time he got close to me I'd shoot him with my BB gun. Dad left an old cracked truck windshield on the ground to shoot and I can't recall how many bounced back and hit us.

I don't recall doing anything too dumb with a real gun other than riding down dirt roads on the hood of a car with a loaded shotgun. The BB gun stuff was mild compared to other non-firearm stuff we did in our youth.

BRD@66

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 23, 2014
    Liberty Hill
    Back when car fenders were better designed for fender-riding hunters, we hunted jack rabbits in the field at night with .22s and/or shotguns. I never thought of this as a bad thing til dsgrey brought it up. THANKS A LOT!

TexasBrandon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 14, 2011
    Salado
    I'm always anal about ensuring my gun is clear before I try to explain or do anything. I guess I had a mild case of stupidity when I was explaining how to tear down and reassemble my PS90. First thing I did was assume it was clear and let the hammer forward, the next thing after that was a 5.7mm exiting into my wall in my office. Yep, not sure how that happened, won't ever do it again as I visually check everything. This was many many years ago though, nothing dumb on my part since.

easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    Not sure I would call it anal, I never assume something hasn't changed since the last time I cleared it. I call it good practice.

ZX9RCAM

Over the Rainbow bridge...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    25+ years ago I was up LATE partying in my apt. by myself. Grabbed my cheap .22 semi, removed the mag and racked it a few times, then pointed it at my TV.
    Don't know why I moved the muzzle just to the right of the screen before I pulled the trigger.
    Good thing or I would have been awful bored with no TV to watch.

rp-

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Apr 11, 2010
    converse
    I was talking to my brother on the phone and this thread came up. We talked about stupid BB gun accidents. He once shot into a tent I was in and hit me square on the top of my head. While talking though he reminded me of this one:

I had a CO2 pellet pistol and he was screwing g with it when I was in the other room. Thinking he would get in trouble with it he put it under a blanket and layed o. The blanket to discharge it so I wouldn't hear. Unfortunately for him, the muzzle was hardly covered and his elbow was right there. I came in when I heard the noise and he was just shaking. Had a hell of a mark on his elbow for a while.

Sent from my LGLS991 using Tapatalk

BillFairbanks

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2017
    Johnson County, TX
    I once dropped my .380 while trying to put it in my holster. I puckered up pretty good as I watched it bounce and the muzzle pointed towards me. Thankfully there was no AD from the gun or myself.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Bottom