• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bear67

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 9, 2010
    East Texas
    My ol' Daddy , God Bless his soul, had hundreds of them and sometimes when I use one I get blank stares or maybe a giggle.

We had a girl cousin who was not well endowed up top and Dad would comment that Betty was flatter than two BBs on a ironing board.

I didn't just fall off of the turnip wagon.

He had a champane taste on a beer pocketbook.

Best thing since drop seat underwear.

Best thing since sliced bread.

Its near bout 4 miles to town. High time we painted the barn, It beats a sharp stick in the eye. He could fall up a well. Fast as a turpentined cat. Fat man--Never seen anything that big without John Deere stamped on it. Fat woman--warm in the winter, shade in the summertime. Ugly as homemade soap. So Ugly, her face would stop an eight day clock.

And it goes on and on. I know I don't remember them all but use some old ones without even thinking.

pistolpadre

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 25, 2013
    Bear.. know I don't remember them all but use some old ones without even thinking. .. No kidding huh.. I find myself saying things that I can't remember the origin of.. bout half way through I do a quick review .. is this going to be embarrassing .. or illegal ..

Waterguy

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 9, 2010
    Baytown
    "Clean as a whistle"

Has anyone ever thought about that? I mean, how clean could it be with someone blowing spit in it all day?

pistolpadre

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 25, 2013
    "Clean as a whistle"

Has anyone ever thought about that? I mean, how clean could it be with someone blowing spit in it all day?

Nope.. hadn't thought of it, and yeah pretty much just spit in there to be clean huh, great one... Charlie.. I usta here that same thing, brings back memories big time.. breed'n "whatever" and none of it was good.. breed'n scabs... yep..

pistolpadre

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 25, 2013
    Glad were talking about this, and for someone who things we're hijacking the thread.. IT'S MY THREAD.. braahhaa

Pop had a thing about "bow's" on the table, if (ok when) i forgot and put mine on the table he'd grab a stalk of celery and SMACK. across my cheek.. man it stung.. i was a slow learner so this happened a LOT.. then if i started to tear up he's say "i can give ya something to cry about" .. or "you're breeding a scab on your nose".. Proll'y get arrested for that today.. Neat thing is, and don't know how this works, but he was still the "gentlest" man i've ever known..

ok new expressions.. heard this one before "you better get a move on before you start gathering dust" , and this one for the first time at Wmart last week.. guy talking to his wife in front of him.. "hey hold your horses, my speed dials busted"

Last edited:
    Top Bottom