• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Zazonkers

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 11, 2021
    Fort Worth
    Over the years, I’ve steered away from autos. Assisted maybe, autos no. Had my protech open in my gear deployed, went to grab it and split my middle finger right down the middle. Sent back to protech and they fixed the button, but lesson learned. I do like the way those microtechs look though... hmmm...

craigntx

Masta Copypasta
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jun 25, 2010
    Cypress, Tejas
    I have a kalshnikov in d2 steel supposedly arriving today. Only fiddly bux
    You dont wanna know how much I paid for a couple of my otf's if you scoff at <$200
    20210302_180706.jpg

Last edited:

equin

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 18, 2010
    Waxahachie, TX
    I haven’t read all the pages in this thread, so my apologies if it’s already been mentioned. But Cobratec Knives in Waxahachie makes and sells OTF knives like the Microtech ones. They’re right next to Big Lots off Ferris Ave/Hwy 77.

equin

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 18, 2010
    Waxahachie, TX
    Forgot to mention, I haven’t seen any switchblades for sale locally, except at gun shows, and the ones I saw didn’t look like they were of the best quality. Then again, I haven’t gone out of my way looking specifically for switchblades when I’m looking to buy a knife. The few knives I’ve gotten locally here in Texas are Case pocketknives that you can find at feed stores.

I only own two switchblades, though, a Kershaw and a Frank Beltrame stiletto, both of which I ordered online. The Frank B isn’t the most functional, but it’s a cool classic to play with!

ZX9RCAM

Over the Rainbow bridge...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    Got my first one from Mexico, back when I was 5 or 6.
    I saw it while we were walking around and threw a fit when I couldn't have it.

Later on, after we had gotten back, my mom gave it to me.
    She had bought it without my dad, or anyone knowing.
    She snuck it back across the border, then gave it to me.

ETA: It was a stiletto, with no sharp edge.

F350-6

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 25, 2009
    Which model is it? I have about a dozen models, none of them has had a problem.

IMG_20201220_065648883.jpg
    IMG_20201220_065644875.jpg

Used to be an auto folder. Now it's a fixed blade. I emailed back and forth with Derek Lawrence several times before he finally stopped responding. The first time I sent it in for warranty I just emailed them and sent photos and they said send it back no problem.

Grumps21

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 28, 2021
    Houston
    Well darn it! I was reading about the EDC knives when I first joined this forum and convinced myself I needed to buy a Spyderco and Benchmade. Now you guys on the OTF thread have me considering a cobratech. Just on their website and they look like a good pick

equin

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 18, 2010
    Waxahachie, TX
    Well darn it! I was reading about the EDC knives when I first joined this forum and convinced myself I needed to buy a Spyderco and Benchmade. Now you guys on the OTF thread have me considering a cobratech. Just on their website and they look like a good pick

I really like my CobraTec!

Wolfwood

Self Appointed Board Chauvinist
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 12, 2009

Dead Roman

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 12, 2019
    Pearland
    My OTF is from Templar Knives - made in Texas; blade material is sourced in the U.S. as well. I keep it in my center console; however, as it is too bulky for my carry preference. For EDC I use the Kershaw Link. One of Kershaw's USA made knives.
    e03d8b976699346922c9c1a01ef4f287.jpg
    e6aefe2f3bd7ddf13b14a434ebf6c2fb.jpg
    87154cf13906856f2c3cc27b8e75e91a.jpg

The templar is not made in texas.

LinuxAssailant

BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 1, 2020
    Soon to be Texan
    Guess who just got prelimanary approval to reloacate to the GREAT state of TX, for some LIBERTY?!?!?!?!
    Guess who'll be bumping (well stock Ford Focus stereo, so not "bumping") Tom Macdonald in Texas in just a couple months, if it all pans-out?!!?!?!
    <<< THIS GUY!!!
    Ducks in a row to leave Commiefornia, AND sell the house at the top of the market!!!
    AND Constitutional Carry passes in TX THE SAME DAY?!?!?!

A+ Texas!!!

billtool

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 16, 2008
    The Wooldlands
    Guess who just got prelimanary approval to reloacate to the GREAT state of TX, for some LIBERTY?!?!?!?!
    Guess who'll be bumping (well stock Ford Focus stereo, so not "bumping") Tom Macdonald in Texas in just a couple months, if it all pans-out?!!?!?!
    <<< THIS GUY!!!
    Ducks in a row to leave Commiefornia, AND sell the house at the top of the market!!!
    AND Constitutional Carry passes in TX THE SAME DAY?!?!?!

A+ Texas!!!
    Come on! Don’t vote Dem.

Top Bottom