DK Firearms

Tactical Firearms (Katy, TX) being "forced" out of business?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TXARGUY

Famous Among Dozens
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 31, 2012
    Wildcat Thicket, Texas
    Got this from this thread: http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_8_8/561261_Tactical_Firearms_Katy_being_shut_down_.html&page=2

Wilson v. Alcede, Cause no. 2013-68459, Harris County District Court no. 151.
    zmun.png

Oh yeah. That bank is really screwing him over LOL.

Also, whoever typed up that Affidavit and submitted it for record needs to be fired.
    DK Firearms

ISF

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 22, 2014
    I prefaced my earlier comment with the words "if the allegations are true"
    Well that has proven to be a mighty big IF, as in would you like to buy a bridge kinda if.
    I like to give people the benefit of the doubt professorially even if I think personally they are a joke.
    Perhaps I should have kept my typo alligators around. Seems Jeremy has his head so far up his bass all that Tacticals'n'co is good for is bait.

Disappointed but not Surprised. Really not surprised.
    Is anyone else buying extra lotto tickets...auction here I come (1in17quintilion odds)

RACER X

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2013
    Richmond/Houston
    Something else

I've been a customer since their first location. I've purchased a handgun and had sights installed by them. Overall experience was pleasant. Upon opening their new location, I've been in there only a handful of times. This is Mark Evan's response...

Response by Mark Evans to Tactical Firearms Letter of June 20, 2014

First of all, I want to make it clear that my response below is made only on behalf of myself and my firearms store in far northwest Houston. While I serve on the Board of Directors for Icon Bank of Texas, N.A., I am not authorized to speak on their behalf and they have legal counsel who will assist them in that regard. Next, I would like to apologize to my colleague of the same name, Mark Evans, whom I believe is a lawyer for Bracewell & Giuliani, and whose title and email address and phone number were listed in Jeremy Alcede’s letter. Perhaps a Google search gone wrong, but certainly in line with the problems Mr. Alcede has with the facts. Finally, to all the customers of Tactical Firearms who have sent me messages at Jeremy’s behest, I understand and applaud your customer loyalty. You saw a passionate appeal by a business owner in your community that claimed to be under attack by President Obama and a local community bank and an evil attorney, and many of you decided to help him out by sending emails or letters, or making phone calls, to me or the bank or the attorney general, or the incorrect persons and emails listed in Jeremy’s letter.
    Remember, there are always two sides to every story, and sometimes more, and while I realize that many of you took Jeremy at his word and not knowing me, or the bank, or my law firm, or my gun store, you assumed he was being truthful in his assertions. So let me encourage you to do some research on your own. I am confident that if you read documents recorded in the public records, including the Harris County District Clerk’s web site, and speak to any of the several dozen former employees (and a few current employees), you will get a much more accurate picture of Jeremy and his business operations.
    I found it fairly ironic that he began his letter talking about how Tactical prides itself in being honest with its customers. After that opening sentence, there are misstatements of fact throughout his letter. The facts about his foreclosure are in the public record now, if you want to examine foreclosure or lien documents recorded in connection with his loans. Banks are held in the same low regard as gun stores by the current administration and many in Congress, and their actions are so closely scrutinized by various government agencies, that it would be ludicrous for them to target a gun store or any type of customer and try to put them out of business.
    He says the board of directors chose not to renew the loan, and this is also not true, but I will attribute it to a lack of knowledge of the banking industry. Bank boards do not make decisions on foreclosures. They entrust bank management to that task, and while I was not involved in this particular bank’s decision making process, I can tell you that banks in general DO NOT WANT TO FORECLOSE ON REAL ESTATE OR OTHER ASSETS OF THEIR CUSTOMERS. Banks are in the business of earning fees and interest income on their loans, and not in the business of owning
    real estate, or equipment or inventory. In fact, the government regulators consider it a bad thing when banks start having too many OREO properties (Other Real Estate Owned, the name for foreclosed properties taken back by banks), and banks feel the pressure to sell those properties as soon as possible and get back to the business of lending and deposits.
    As to the claims of anti-trust violations by me, I never met Jeremy while I was a customer at his store, but I assume that he gathered information about me and created this conspiracy theory that I am working in conjunction with my law firm, my bank, his business partner, and I guess President Obama, to specifically target him and put him out of business. I don’t consider his store a competitor of mine. We have a small new shop in far Northwest Houston, nowhere near his Katy store, and we don’t have a range operation or sell the level of inventory he claims to sell. No comparison can be made, and I certainly am not involved with any of these parties in an attempt to drive him out of business. In fact, as a bank shareholder, I am much more likely to lose money in the form of share value reduction when loans do not pay as agreed and management has to move forward with foreclosure procedures. Most banks end up losing money when this happens. There are several other Katy area gun stores who may benefit if Tactical closes, but I don’t expect we will benefit much some 20 to 30 miles away. In my experience, most firearms customers shop within a few miles of their homes.
    To lump us in with Obama was a smoke screen that Jeremy apparently threw up to hide the truth about his business practices and current situation, and I don’t know if he thought it might actually help get him some grass roots support that might lead to finding a white knight investor to help him, or if he just decided he wanted to strike out at third parties and take other people down with him. Jeremy has sold firearms and tactical gear to the executives of Icon Bank and me since he opened, so he knows very well that we are all pro-gun rights, pro-Second Amendment, and certainly are not working in conjunction with Obama to take him down.
    As angry and disappointed as I was when I received his letter Friday (yes, I am on their customer distribution list, so I received it first-hand before others started sending messages on his behalf), I am a Christian and Jeremy is constantly in my prayers. If only ten percent of the things that dozens of his former and current employees say are true, then he has made some bad decisions in his personal and business life in recent years, and that can happen to any of us. But the incredible store he built and that we all patronized in the past is now suffering because of the decisions he made in his personal and business lives, and he could use all of our prayers at this time. The one thing in his letter I support and agree with is that if any of you know of any bankers or investors who want to step in and pay off his debts, then I think that would benefit a majority of those involved.
    If any of you want to communicate with me further, you can reach me at MarkREvans@aol.com.
    Thank you for your time and understanding, and I hope you better understand at least one other side of the story.
    Sincerely,
    Mark Evans

Top Bottom