• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • txinvestigator

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Ft Worth, TX
    https://www.facebook.com/mathew.waldrop/videos/1043375145687357/?pnref=story

I hope you all can see this video. It shows an interesting (at least to me) juxtaposition, and demonstrates so well what I have been saying for years. The industry has really sold enthusiasts on the need to look like "operators" and; therefore, buy all sorts of crap you don't need.

On the left we have a young man, a very nice young man I am sure. Notice all of his gear. WOW, he must be the real deal and can really shoot. Notice on the right some neophyte untrained chick. Flannel shirt, no fancy gear. She probably can't hit anything.

In fact, I bet the guy on the left is a much better gun handler than the girl, right?

I am NOT trying to criticize the guy on the left.

Any interest in discussion?
    ARJ Defense ad

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Not really anything new, and not really anything that hasn't been discussed or made fun of for as long as I can remember on the forum.

Sent from my HAL 9000

acorneau

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 5, 2014
    Houston
    The industry has really sold enthusiasts on the need to look like "operators" and; therefore, buy all sorts of crap you don't need.

Oh come on! Tell me exactly what part of this operator's gear is NOT completely necessary for a fun-shoot at an indoor range...

12049221_1044129365611935_6416126146286574979_n.jpg

(Yeah, this is the guy in the video!)

:50cal::m16::machine::rocket::asniper::loaded::roflfunny:

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Oh come on! Tell me exactly what part of this operator's gear is NOT completely necessary for a fun-shoot at an indoor range...

12049221_1044129365611935_6416126146286574979_n.jpg

(Yeah, this is the guy in the video!)

:50cal::m16::machine::rocket::asniper::loaded::roflfunny:

The glasses. They aren't tactical at all.

Sent from my HAL 9000

PRE-K

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 25, 2015
    Tomball
    Reminds me of that saying about "Beware the man w/ one gun".

All the posturing and peacocking is for a reason.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    I got lots of guns. It's camouflage to hide how tactical I really am :p

The saying has some credence, but these days it's just as likely that the one gun is locked in a little box by the nightstand and has a vitamin D deficiency cause it never sees the light of day. Many "one gun owners" buy it and feel safe, forgetting that they may actually need to practice often in order to become proficient.

Sent from my HAL 9000

txinvestigator

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Ft Worth, TX
    The industry has done an excellent job conditioning many of us that we need that tactical stuff. I am really not trying to make fun of the dude, he fell into the marketing hype. How many of us have 5.11's, vests, and carry pockets full of 'tactical" stuff that does nothing towards making us more competent?

The young lady has had some training. She has ignored (or not been exposed to) the marketing. She has, instead, invested her money in training.

I hope this makes some of us think. It has me. ;)

zincwarrior

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2010
    Texas, land of Tex-Mex
    The industry has done an excellent job conditioning many of us that we need that tactical stuff. I am really not trying to make fun of the dude, he fell into the marketing hype. How many of us have 5.11's, vests, and carry pockets full of 'tactical" stuff that does nothing towards making us more competent?
    ;)
    The only thing I have close to that is a tactical wiener dog, for emergency potato chip detection.

TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    I would be wearing cargo pants even if I wasn't a gun nerd. I prefer 24/7 over 5.11; better pocket configuration. Cargo pants FTW!

Mexican_Hippie

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 4, 2009
    Fort Worth
    Skills are irrelevant to gear. He could be skilled or not skilled wearing that. Same as the girl.

Just interjecting some logic.

As for opinion...my 2 cents:

I wouldn't fault someone if they wanted to gear up for a shoot to have a good time. No different than having some ridiculous weapon thats not practical but you bring to the range. When did we outlaw fun? At least they're getting some practice in.

I could give two $#!^$ what some guy wants to wear. I'm not the fashion police for other dudes. And no, I dont wear chest rigs around, lol

Top Bottom