• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • IXLR8

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 19, 2009
    Republic of Texas
    I am looking for a new black rifle. Number one one on the list is a HK MR556A1. I was trying to hold out for an MR762, but they have been slow in coming.
    Is there any bad press about them that I should know about?

Thanks in advance!
    ARJ Defense ad

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    $3,000 for a rifle that won't do anything better than a $1000 rifle. That's a pretty strong argument right there. I bet it even comes with one of those "low friction" H&K mags that jam up the first time you show them a picture of sand.

I wouldn't wait on their 7.62 rifle, either. Just get a Bushy .308. I don't know what kind of mags H&K will use, but Magpul makes reasonably priced mags for the Bushmaster platform. I'd expect H&K to run proprietary mags that will cost an arm and a leg.

The SCAR platform doesn't bring anything to the equation that the AR platform doesn't. Except the folding stock... which likes to break.

shortround

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 24, 2011
    Grid 0409
    H&K lost my confidence when they refused to acknowledge a broken magazine floor-plate, but sent me a new one after I sent the broken part to their plant in Georgia.

Little things add up.

Stay away -- Far away!

Be well.

IXLR8

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 19, 2009
    Republic of Texas
    I watched the 6920 video and I was very impressed. The only comment that I have is that it is a direct impingement bolt. When I fire my piston rifles the action remains so clean it almost looks unfired. It is hard for me to go back to a DI action after being in the piston camp.

The only DI rifle that I may look at is a POF. They are in the same $$ ballpark.

But I really need to hate the HK! Please help...

SC-Texas

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2009
    Houston, TX
    The hk upper does not fit an ar-15 lower and an ar-15 upper will not fit an hk lower.

Non-standard parts are a nogo for me!

BigBoss0311

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 8, 2010
    McKinney, TX
    ^Not true. HK upper or lower will fit on mil spec upper or lower. Why not, every single review has been yes, it's expensive, but the build quality is out of this world. I can recall 1 person having a problem, and HK fixing it right away. HK CS has come a long way, been very good the past few years. The only other piston gun I would consider is an LWRC. There are always going to be those that say f*** HK, but they build a quality product that works. Just becuase they don't cater to civilians people get butt hurt. That's fine. I would rather pay a little more for a weapon that I know is going to function longer than I will be alive. Get it and be happy.

scap99

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2010
    Cypress
    LWRC makes some of the finest rifles I have laid my eyes and hands on. If the HK is the same or better, then you can't go wrong on quality.
    To back up what SC was saying above, if the parts are non-standard or proprietary, I would seriously re-consider before making that purchase.
    Mags might be $$$, and repair/aftermarket replacement parts could be "hens teeth."

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    I watched the 6920 video and I was very impressed. The only comment that I have is that it is a direct impingement bolt. When I fire my piston rifles the action remains so clean it almost looks unfired. It is hard for me to go back to a DI action after being in the piston camp.

The only DI rifle that I may look at is a POF. They are in the same $$ ballpark.

But I really need to hate the HK! Please help...

Unless you're running a suppressor, there's no real reason to run a piston other than to see your accuracy degraded.

Lube a DI gun right and you can run thousands of rounds between cleanings. Except for suppressed rifles. They run dirty.

IXLR8

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 19, 2009
    Republic of Texas
    I really must not want it... they had one at the GRB gun show today for $2495.00, cheaper than Bud's $2601.00 that I was going to buy it from.

I looked at the POF 415, WOW! Are there any POF haters?
    POF 415

BigBoss0311

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 8, 2010
    McKinney, TX
    For most people's skill level, accuracy difference is not even going to be noticeable. And the debate is still out on that anyways as there are few shooters out there winning LR comps with POF's.

jeepinbanditrider

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    Dallas
    I won't deal with HK purely because of the way they'll treat you if you're not LE/Govt. I think they have problems with civilians honestly but whatever, I also can't see spending that kind of money for a rifle either. But that's a personal preference of mine their stuff works and works well.

40Arpent

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 16, 2008
    Houston
    H&K lost my confidence when they refused to acknowledge a broken magazine floor-plate, but sent me a new one after I sent the broken part to their plant in Georgia.

Did you expect them just to take your word for it without seeing the broken part in person? Was replacing the magazine not acknowledgement enough?

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Did you expect them just to take your word for it without seeing the broken part in person? Was replacing the magazine not acknowledgement enough?

Smith and wesson did for a part for my pk380, i was going to order it just to avoid the warranty wait and after telling them what i needed and giving the address they said a couple weeks, i asked the cost and they said ''nothing, is there anything else we can do for you?''

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Busy rookies
    Top Bottom