• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • vmax

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 15, 2013
    I just went a few rounds with a cheap Buck Packlite that had steel harder than your mother in laws heart.

I have been using different stones for years with good results. I usually just like a good working edge for dressing game. I saw the Work Sharp at a store display last week and it got me to thinking about it.
    It seems they have been out for awhile now and the price is pretty reasonable

Work_Sharp_Knife_Sharpener.jpg
    DK Firearms

jrbfishn

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 9, 2013
    south of killeen
    Looks like it would work if you can't use a stone. I like my diamond stones though. Would be great for the way my wife uses knives though. She can be hell on a knife.

from an idgit coffeeholic

vmax

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 15, 2013
    They have come out with a Ken Onion edition that is even better.
    you can put a perfect edge on a knife in just a minute that that tool.

Shuutr

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 29, 2012
    austin
    I have the ken onion. I like it because I suck at sharpening and I'm not willing to take the time to learn.
    Pro: it's fast and with 5 grits you an for from abused worthless edge to polished slicer in 10 minutes or less.

Con: if you set the speed too high you can remove a lot of material in a hurry

It can round the tip (if you care about that)

It applies a durable convex edge which is good for user knives but can be frowned upon by collectors.

Shuutr

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 29, 2012
    austin
    I use it on my kitchen knives (kitchen aid set) and can retouch my 4 main food processors at a good thin angle in just a few moments.

vmax

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 15, 2013
    I have the ken onion. I like it because I suck at sharpening and I'm not willing to take the time to learn.
    Pro: it's fast and with 5 grits you an for from abused worthless edge to polished slicer in 10 minutes or less.

Con: if you set the speed too high you can remove a lot of material in a hurry

It can round the tip (if you care about that)

It applies a durable convex edge which is good for user knives but can be frowned upon by collectors.

good to hear the report

where did you buy from?

35Remington

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    Way out here
    I bought one after recommendations from this site. It's been great. I do wonder if I could have a sharper edge if I finished with a strop, but I don't know much about those.

Shuutr

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 29, 2012
    austin
    There is a company that will make belts in many more grit. I want to say it's Durex or something but can be mirror shining sharp in the 5 belts work sharp releases.

vmax

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 15, 2013
    I saw in a video about it
    One of the belts is your strop

Check the manual

Last edited:

vmax

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 15, 2013
    A local place was supposed to have them in stock. I went there when they opened and they had just sold the last one but said they were going to be placing an order soon:beat:
    I told them not as soon as I was going to be placing an order:cool:

I swear this town has a curse. If you look for anything at all just a little out of the ordinary, nobody has one in stock but offer to order you one. I tell them I have this thing called a computer and I do my own ordering. I try to buy local, I really do but these places make it hard to

Top Bottom