Gunz are icky.
    938bada2da8655fc1c6772dd6d6cd2a5.jpg

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    I’m torn on this subject. I’ve never once used marijuana or any other illegal drug. I’ve lost a few friends to drug addiction caused by military and VA hospitals prescribing pain killers. I sent one of my subordinates to Leavenworth for it.

I can remember when Texas put out a marijuana tax stamp in an effort to use that as another tool in the war on drugs.

I spent my last three years in the military in CO from 2103 - 2016. Here’s what I know. The counties that legalized medical and/or recreational had a very high (pun intended) homeless and/or panhandler population. Those same counties had above average per capita property crimes such as burglary and robbery, Home invasions, etc.

Every where you went, you were surrounded by people who had a right to use and made sure you knew it. And they failed to observe the limits imposed by the law. Can’t use in a public place is part of the law. Oh, well. Can’t go out in public without being exposed to someone openly using.

I’d rather my Texas have not gone down this path as it seems no state that has has undone it, instead only expanded it and I’m not sorry to say I don’t want this for my Texas.

Food for thought. There’s a lot of California bashing on this forum and growing up here, we frequently told people “Y’all ain’t from around here, huh? This ain’t where y’all are from and you chose to come here. Don’t bitch about how we’re different. Because we aren’t different. You are.”

That’s about how I feel on this subject. A bunch of non-Texans sold Texas on the idea that the taxes and ‘benefits’ are worth the crime that comes along with it.

They juice ain’t worth the squeeze and I’m gladly working to get the compassionate use act repealed. You want to use, go to CA or CO or anywhere else they’ve chosen this path, but don’t **** up my Texas anymore than you already have.

pronstar

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 2, 2017
    Dallas
    I’m torn on this subject. I’ve never once used marijuana or any other illegal drug. I’ve lost a few friends to drug addiction caused by military and VA hospitals prescribing pain killers. I sent one of my subordinates to Leavenworth for it.

I can remember when Texas put out a marijuana tax stamp in an effort to use that as another tool in the war on drugs.

I spent my last three years in the military in CO from 2103 - 2016. Here’s what I know. The counties that legalized medical and/or recreational had a very high (pun intended) homeless and/or panhandler population. Those same counties had above average per capita property crimes such as burglary and robbery, Home invasions, etc.

Every where you went, you were surrounded by people who had a right to use and made sure you knew it. And they failed to observe the limits imposed by the law. Can’t use in a public place is part of the law. Oh, well. Can’t go out in public without being exposed to someone openly using.

I’d rather my Texas have not gone down this path as it seems no state that has has undone it, instead only expanded it and I’m not sorry to say I don’t want this for my Texas.

Food for thought. There’s a lot of California bashing on this forum and growing up here, we frequently told people “Y’all ain’t from around here, huh? This ain’t where y’all are from and you chose to come here. Don’t bitch about how we’re different. Because we aren’t different. You are.”

That’s about how I feel on this subject. A bunch of non-Texans sold Texas on the idea that the taxes and ‘benefits’ are worth the crime that comes along with it.

They juice ain’t worth the squeeze and I’m gladly working to get the compassionate use act repealed. You want to use, go to CA or CO or anywhere else they’ve chosen this path, but don’t **** up my Texas anymore than you already have.

I have to admit, as a transplant and CA-escapee I agree with you.

I didn't come here to make it like CA.
    I came here because I wanted to assimilate into traditional, conservative Texas culture and society.

I knew Austin was looney, but I'm quite surprised at how much transplants and leeches have ruined Dallas, where live. It's not what I expected at all.

I can only hope to become part of the resistance to the spread of liberalism and leeches.

Ranger550

Live Free or Die
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I have to admit, as a transplant and CA-escapee I agree with you.

I didn't come here to make it like CA.
    I came here because I wanted to assimilate into traditional, conservative Texas culture and society.

I knew Austin was looney, but I'm quite surprised at how much transplants and leeches have ruined Dallas, where live. It's not what I expected at all.

I can only hope to become part of the resistance to the spread of liberalism and leeches.

Me too, if I ever get myself out of this crazy state.

Liberals ARE a disease, period. They have convinced themselves that they KNOW the "right path" and want to force it onto everyone. They see themselves as superior to those who dont want to play that Communist game.

Wrong!

BTW, I grew up around so many kids who had "dust bowl" parents, that I have been mistaken for being Texan, quite a few times, due to my "accent". I will fit in just fine.

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    sure as hell doesn't seem like you're torn

Sent from my SIG Sauer

I’m pretty libertarian in that I believe that government is best which governs least. I also recognize certain strains of cannabis in oil form do appear to have some palliative qualities. Since the THC content is low enough not to result in impairment, then it’s really a to each their own mentality.

But, it’s a damn slippery slope we’ve gone down and I believe in choice. Those who wish to use for whatever reason have quite a few places to go in the US. I don’t think TX needs to be one of those choices.

Lunyfringe

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 22, 2017
    Canton, TX
    Have moved from Colorado to escape the Californication, I can tell youe that while it may have medicinal benefits, and I'm libertarian in nature- so I'd want it legalized from that standpoint.

But the unintended consequences are brutal! It will bring tons of liberals, and droves of "takers" that contribute nothing to society. Employers will find it near impossible to hire reliable help for menial jobs, so quality of service will go under the outhouse.
    Car accidents go up, so insurance rates rise. Petty theft gets so common that some police jurisdictions will no longer dispatch unless it's a life threatening crime. Accidental overdose kills young children (gummies are candy, and it can cause respitory failure in children < 5 ). I could go on and on... but Denver is now in the realm of a "shithole" because of it. It was sold to the people as a huge revenue generator that was going to solve all money issues (which is of course complete BS especially when Democrats control the budget)

Just say no... really

MTA

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Mar 10, 2017
    Fannin
    My libertarian side says go for it. My conservative side says recreational use will help to rot American culture even more. Also, Texas will turn blue faster than a clearing sky too with all the dead beats moving here, more so than now. Also I think that this would further decay the concept of the family in this country. I don't want my family near it to be honest. I would hate to raise a child only to have them turn into a shit head dope smoker because they can just go down the block to a 7-11 to buy weed. If it is illegal, the risk of being arrested is still there as a deterrent.

I have known quite a few people who just sit around and smoke weed all day. They may be harmless (until they get into a car and plow through a crosswalk) but they contribute nothing to society.

Honestly, I am tired of conceding on conservative values. I am also tired of having my "cost to be alive" increased over stupid shit like grown adults smoking a plant and then causing car wrecks. If you want to go smoke weed, go somewhere else. This is in the case of recreational use. If you are sick, then knock yourself out. Would rather see you smoke weed then have to take a 100 different pills from some dickhead in a white jacket getting kickbacks from big pharma for pushing toxic trash

Have moved from Colorado to escape the Californication, I can tell youe that while it may have medicinal benefits, and I'm libertarian in nature- so I'd want it legalized from that standpoint.

But the unintended consequences are brutal! It will bring tons of liberals, and droves of "takers" that contribute nothing to society. Employers will find it near impossible to hire reliable help for menial jobs, so quality of service will go under the outhouse.
    Car accidents go up, so insurance rates rise. Petty theft gets so common that some police jurisdictions will no longer dispatch unless it's a life threatening crime. Accidental overdose kills young children (gummies are candy, and it can cause respitory failure in children < 5 ). I could go on and on... but Denver is now in the realm of a "shithole" because of it. It was sold to the people as a huge revenue generator that was going to solve all money issues (which is of course complete BS especially when Democrats control the budget)

Just say no... really

I agree 100%

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    I can honestly say I have never seen so many homeless people anywhere in the 50 states (plus the District of Columbia) than I saw while I was in Colorado. Even in Hawaii, where other states such as California will send their homeless via one-way tickets, homelessness wasn't as prevalent. I strongly believe it has something to do with the "Rocky Mountain High!" (pun intended, as Denver allegedly was on LSD and marijuana when he wrote the song)...

TexasRedneck

1911 Nut
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    New Braunfels, TX
    There's another important aspect - the elephant in the room - that no one's talking about.

Smoke weed? Under current FEDERAL law, you've given up your right to own/purchase a firearm. Period. Some have found that out the hard way already.

candcallen

Crotchety, Snarky, Truthful. You'll get over it.
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2011
    Little Elm
    Is there an objective field test for someone under the influence of opioids, muscle relaxers, prescription depressants or stimulants?

I think only a BAC breathalyzer is the only objective test available?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I'm sure if we trim a little fat off the fourth and fifth ammendment such testing could easily be made available.

[Bonus points if you can identify the movie I shamelessly copied]

This said getting PC needed for a search warrant, and even a no warrant needed road side search where legal, is not too difficult.

Drug users are the dirtiest most brain dead people on the face of the earth when it comes to being stealthy about their drug use.. They drop what ever illegal substance they use all over the place, think cologne will cover the smell they deeply impregnate into clothes hair and upholstery by using or smoking in their car and are nose blind to the smell that lingers everywhere. Even meth coke and heroin can be easily sniffed out by the officer when you open your window and it billowes out hits the officer in his face. No drug dog needed. In some places such a smell and the officers experience can lead to a search regardless of your objection

Do what you want as long as it doesn't negatively effect anyone else, including other people or taxpayers spending a dime on healthcare, taking care of you in any way or assuming the cost of damage you do or negative effects on people or kids seeing you flaunt your use.

If it has medicinal use then great.
    Medical use should be prescribed by a doctor and doesn't ever include smoking the stuff in public or smoking at all if the other methods of delivery or form of the active ingredients work for your specific issues. Misuses should be prosecuted and have consequences just like abusing other drugs.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom