• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Ranger550

Live Free or Die
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    He was not. I have the NTSB final report somewhere, but the probable cause was incorrectly configuring the fuel selector due to lack of familiarity with that particular aircraft. He had purchased the mishap aircraft recently and only received 30 mins of instruction from the previous owner.

The tox reporter came back negative for drugs or ETOH.

My apologies to the Denver family. Always liked John's music.
    Capitol Armory ad

Lunyfringe

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 22, 2017
    Canton, TX
    Colorado voted for Obama before weed was legal there.

Not cheering for weed, but weed didn't turn Colorado blue.
    First of all, MMJ (medical) amendment 20 passed in 2000... word got out that 'practitioners' (no medical training required) who 'recommended' (NOT a perscription) it would do so for just about anything, including depression or PTSD (and lowered the standard for PTSD that it applied to just about anything... like your boss is 'mean')... so the droves were starting by 2004... without all those supporters, it's unlikely they would have passed amendment 64 (recreational) in 2012...
    There are different shades of blue... it was a swing state in '08, but seemed like it could turn around... after '12 it was done- the Demonrats in the state legislature were so emboldened that they completely ignored their constituents and passed several gun control BS laws in '13... leading to several recalls in '14. When elections after that still went full retard (voting for EVERY tax increase, etc) I started planning my escape.

Weed wasn't the only factor turning the state blue, but it was a factor even before Barry was elected...

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    First of all, MMJ (medical) amendment 20 passed in 2000... word got out that 'practitioners' (no medical training required) who 'recommended' (NOT a perscription) it would do so for just about anything, including depression or PTSD (and lowered the standard for PTSD that it applied to just about anything... like your boss is 'mean')... so the droves were starting by 2004... without all those supporters, it's unlikely they would have passed amendment 64 (recreational) in 2012...
    There are different shades of blue... it was a swing state in '08, but seemed like it could turn around... after '12 it was done- the Demonrats in the state legislature were so emboldened that they completely ignored their constituents and passed several gun control BS laws in '13... leading to several recalls in '14. When elections after that still went full retard (voting for EVERY tax increase, etc) I started planning my escape.

Weed wasn't the only factor turning the state blue, but it was a factor even before Barry was elected...

Wasn't aware of that. Thanks.

IMO, the biggest thing Colorado had going against it was natural beauty. Kinda like Texas with its economy.

Good qualities and unspoiled land attract those who've already wrecked what they had.

Vaquero

Moving stuff to the gas prices thread.....
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Apr 4, 2011
    Dixie Land

IMO, the biggest thing Colorado had going against it was natural beauty. Kinda like Texas with its economy.

Good qualities and unspoiled land attract those who've already wrecked what they had.

Yep. Illegals from the south.
    Legals from the west and North East.
    We've got go stay on top of 'em or adapt.
    I don't adapt real good.

Lunyfringe

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 22, 2017
    Canton, TX

Alaska is even more beautiful... but it has a habit of killing the stupid through natural selection.

avvidclif

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 30, 2017
    Van Zandt County
    In the FWIW dept about MJ. While in the military I saw a lot of GI's smoking MJ. One guy in particular was a drinker and when he got drunk he looked for a fight, person, tree, whatever. He basically quit drinking and started smoking MJ for his high and was the nicest guy you would want to know when smoking. Just don't get him drinking. 2 different personalities. Strange.

Ranger550

Live Free or Die
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    In the FWIW dept about MJ. While in the military I saw a lot of GI's smoking MJ. One guy in particular was a drinker and when he got drunk he looked for a fight, person, tree, whatever. He basically quit drinking and started smoking MJ for his high and was the nicest guy you would want to know when smoking. Just don't get him drinking. 2 different personalities. Strange.

I cant even imagine ANYONE high on MJ being much of a fight. Booze? Yeah, I can still function to a high degree on hooch, but not on marijuana. That's the difference
    that no one wants to speak of. I know why its a banned substance, but I really dont care what people do, if they do it with the door closed. I dont need that in my life.

Lunyfringe

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 22, 2017
    Canton, TX
    Ship all the kalifornia liberals up there. Let's see how they argue with a Grizzly. Especially since they will be unarmed.
    They tried that- all the way back in the '80s... even legalized MJ to try and lure them.

The Bears formed a union and filed a grievance- saying they taste horrible (probably like tofu at the time), and rangers observed that bears that ate them became lazy and disrespectful. So the whole project was abandoned.

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    . I'm not willing to give up enough personal freedom to allow a society where it is even possible to win.

With this comment, we are much closer philosophically than you realize.

Let the feds decriminalize and turn it into a States right to determine. Let Texas voters, and not the legislature decide after having a long and informed conversation on the pluses and minuses. I’ll gladly tell about my experiences to inform that conversation.

My position on the subject is that if you want legal marijuana, either medical or recreational, that’s your choice and there’s plenty of states you can relocate to right now that allow you to fulfill your desire. Just don’t tell Texas has to jump off that bridge because, well, California did. That line of logic is a horseshit today as it was when we were kids.

rman

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 7, 2015
    Ft. Worth
    this thread has really opened my eyes. I'm still 100% pro pot, seeing my aging parents be able to benefit from it (they can now) is what really got me supporting it.

But I now know that the societal baggage it carries is the issue. Decriminalization and MMJ should be sufficient. Restricted to the point it doesn't attract the losers, accessible enough for valid use...

Sent from my SIG Sauer

Lunyfringe

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 22, 2017
    Canton, TX
    this thread has really opened my eyes. I'm still 100% pro pot, seeing my aging parents be able to benefit from it (they can now) is what really got me supporting it.

But I now know that the societal baggage it carries is the issue. Decriminalization and MMJ should be sufficient. Restricted to the point it doesn't attract the losers, accessible enough for valid use...

Sent from my SIG Sauer
    I think this is the best balance... I'm pretty libertarian by nature- so I'd love to see the gov't out of peoples' business... but I've also seen what crowds of the wrong people can do to a society.

rman

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 7, 2015
    Ft. Worth
    I think this is the best balance... I'm pretty libertarian by nature- so I'd love to see the gov't out of peoples' business... but I've also seen what crowds of the wrong people can do to a society.
    the other balance would be if Texas went full throttle right wing and also allowed Marijana

so access to high flying conservatives but still a miserable place for liberals

Sent from my SIG Sauer

USOffRoad

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 18, 2014
    Granbury, Texas
    All I have to say on this is this.. I hope beyond words that no one here ever gets cancer of any kind but if you do you will quickly understand the merits of cannabis especially instead of taking the garbage that was being forced on me during this fun time. They prescribe one drug to combat some issue...then that drug causes another issue so they give you another and another and pretty soon you can't find your toothebrush as it's buried under pill bottles and you feel worse than before.

I finally said enough, tossed it all in the garbage and handled it myself. I take one thyroid pill now every day (another story in the synthetic garbage they nearly killed me with) and that's all the prescriptions I take. Big pharma is not a conspiracy theory, I have several friends who dealt with cancer and other serious ailments as well and we all not only feel the same way but ditched the drugs for more natural methods with stellar results.

Dawico

Uncoiled
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Lampasas, Texas
    I say legalize it and deal with the social consequences in different ways.

It is here already and we aren't getting rid of it. Plain and simple. May as well cash in instead of wasting money trying to stop it.

easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    All I have to say on this is this.. I hope beyond words that no one here ever gets cancer of any kind but if you do you will quickly understand the merits of cannabis especially instead of taking the garbage that was being forced on me during this fun time. They prescribe one drug to combat some issue...then that drug causes another issue so they give you another and another and pretty soon you can't find your toothebrush as it's buried under pill bottles and you feel worse than before.

I finally said enough, tossed it all in the garbage and handled it myself. I take one thyroid pill now every day (another story in the synthetic garbage they nearly killed me with) and that's all the prescriptions I take. Big pharma is not a conspiracy theory, I have several friends who dealt with cancer and other serious ailments as well and we all not only feel the same way but ditched the drugs for more natural methods with stellar results.
    I don't believe I read any posts that are really against medicinal marijuana. Although at the time, 2009, that my fiance was dying of cancer, I could have undoubtedly lost my job with the government. I saw the negative affects the drugs were having on her and the pain, from what I saw, was indescribable. I was able to talk with a friend of hers that made cookies laced with marijuana. It may not have taken all the pain away always, but there was a vast difference in the pain I saw her in.

Top Bottom