• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • busykngt

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 14, 2011
    McKinney
    It's a folder in a closed group on facebook, doubt that would help.

Ahh... got ya. I don't do Facebook, so...

I haven't really done as good a job keeping up with things this Session as I've done in the past (for my own edification). Thus, I don't know what the differences or nuances really are between some of the bills like HR375 & HR1911. But when I get an email from GOA, I tend to put more emphasis in their position(s) than I do with the NRA or TSRA positions (even though I'm a member of both).

Sent from my Apple thang using Tapatalk
    Venture Surplus ad

Army 1911

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 17, 2008
    Dallas Texas or so
    I think that 18 is the proper age for concealed carry (licensed or unlicensed). This is because one is legally and adult and supposedly with all the rights and privileges thereof. At 17, a young man or woman may enlist in the military (with parental permission) and go off to war. That said most wait until they are 18 to enlist.

If they are old enough to defend this country, they are old enough to defend themselves and their families.

Maverick44

Youngest old man on TGT.
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    I think that 18 is the proper age for concealed carry (licensed or unlicensed). This is because one is legally and adult and supposedly with all the rights and privileges thereof. At 17, a young man or woman may enlist in the military (with parental permission) and go off to war. That said most wait until they are 18 to enlist.

If they are old enough to defend this country, they are old enough to defend themselves and their families.

Well, that's the logical way to look at it, but we can't have people going around being logical, now can we? Ban all rights until age 25! :rolleyes:

V-Tach

Watching While the Sheep Graze
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 30, 2012
    Texas
    PHIL KING KILLS CONSTITUTIONAL CARRY

Well is this true, it's all but dead for this session?

Sorry, normally I would post the whole story, but it has posts from AG Paxton in the story that would be lost if I tried to cut and paste it.....

Looks like 1911 will die too, if not out of the House Calendars Committee by May 9th.

Last edited:

Brian Boru

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 7, 2014
    Texas
    Looks like the Calendars Committee is stacked favorably for us.
    https://ballotpedia.org/Calendars_Committee,_Texas_House_of_Representatives
    Hardly. Those Republicans are the most liberal ones Straus could hand pick. Sarah Davis is openly pro Abortion, Planned Parenthood even endorsed her. Byron Cook had a pro-life activist arrested for filming one of his committees a few weeks ago and has been killing conservative bills all throughout his career. Charlie Geren is just as bad and the others aren't much better.

TAZ

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 17, 2008
    Round Rock
    So who actually though CC would pass on the first attempt? I had hopes, but was pretty sure when push cane to shove this year was going to be a mere warm up.

Honestly, I would have preferred more effort are revamping the prohibited places and signeage violation penalties.

45tex

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 1, 2009
    So who actually though CC would pass on the first attempt? I had hopes, but was pretty sure when push cane to shove this year was going to be a mere warm up.

Honestly, I would have preferred more effort are revamping the prohibited places and signeage violation penalties.
    Doing the right thing only takes decades in Texas.
    We should not have hoped for more.
    BS

locke_n_load

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 9, 2013
    Houston, TX
    This is not the first attempt.

It's not dead.
    Just has to get out of calendars in the next week, which is all on one person right now.
    Chairman Hunter must get the bill out of calendars. Please give his office a call and tell him your support for HB1911 and that you would like it to go to the house floor for a vote.

Last edited:

45tex

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 1, 2009
    I thought they were saying the police chiefs were racist? Chief is a political position and they are almost all stupid liberals.
    Talk about the pot calling the kettle black. Liberals put everybody in boxes and try to get them to fight. They are closet racist, every last one of them.

satx78247

Member, Emeritus
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2014
    45tex,

All too many LIBs aren't closet bigots. Instead they are OPENLY prejudiced; the "main-SLIME press" just doesn't report the hatefulness that comes out of their mouths, when they think that nobody (who doesn't share their HATE) is listening.

yours, satx

busykngt

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 14, 2011
    McKinney
    At first, I was inclined to think it was Rep. White just being "overly sensitive" but after reading the article and the points he made in it, I'm now inclined to think he's probably fairly (and correctly) analyzed the situation.
    But I've grown to expect nothing better from police chiefs (whether they're "big city" or small town cops... though the problem appears to be worse with the larger city cops - more "political" I guess).

satx78247

Member, Emeritus
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2014
    busykngt,

It's been my long experience that when a police LT gets promoted that they morph into POLITICIANS & STOP being police officers first.

yours, satx

TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    At first, I was inclined to think it was Rep. White just being "overly sensitive" but after reading the article and the points he made in it, I'm now inclined to think he's probably fairly (and correctly) analyzed the situation.
    Yep... The article highlighted the race stuff because that is good "clickbait". The important takeaway regarding these police lobbyist orgs is this:

“They opposed Senate Bill 60 providing the right to licensed concealed carry in 1995. They opposed extending ‘castle doctrine’ protections to a vehicle to allow a person to carry a gun in their car. They opposed open carry and constitutional carry in 2015. What are they for?

Top Bottom