• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • locke_n_load

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 9, 2013
    Houston, TX
    Yep... The article highlighted the race stuff because that is good "clickbait". The important takeaway regarding these police lobbyist orgs is this:

“They opposed Senate Bill 60 providing the right to licensed concealed carry in 1995. They opposed extending ‘castle doctrine’ protections to a vehicle to allow a person to carry a gun in their car. They opposed open carry and constitutional carry in 2015. What are they for?

Carve outs for police.
    Hurley's Gold

busykngt

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 14, 2011
    McKinney
    The unfortunate thing in all this is (IMO), the legislative members tend to give the opinions of the police chiefs more credence than they do their own constituents. Their constituents need to make them pay the consequences - except in big cities, that's likely to be in alignment with the liberal voting base, there.

45tex

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 1, 2009
    How does one hold Phil King responsible for his inaction's in the Hill Country from Houston? Americans as a rule think their guy is okay and all the rest need to be replaced. So incumbents survive and that sucks.
    I have for years told anybody I can of how John Cornyn is a RINO Liar, that enables the democrats at every turn. But every election year he glad hands a bunch of seniors in homes and gets reelected.

Vaquero

Moving stuff to the gas prices thread.....
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Apr 4, 2011
    Dixie Land
    Nobody works "for" the taxpayers anymore.
    We just work to pay taxes, and our beneficiaries lord over us.

Tcruse

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2011
    Corinth
    I think it's a great idea. I fully support it, however more needs to be done to allow CC into places that do not allow open carry. But this is a big step in the right direction. In my mind concealed = nobody's business, so long as it remains concealed.

Any place that puts a sign in front that essentially says "No Guns" is really saying "Safe to Rob"
    I see many places that have a sign posted that says "carry of an unlicensed weapon is a felony in this location". In places like restaurants and Walmart it would seem that would eliminate permitless carry in lots of places. Need to have that part of the Texas TABC law changed also.

Tcruse

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2011
    Corinth
    How does one hold Phil King responsible for his inaction's in the Hill Country from Houston? Americans as a rule think their guy is okay and all the rest need to be replaced. So incumbents survive and that sucks.
    I have for years told anybody I can of how John Cornyn is a RINO Liar, that enables the democrats at every turn. But every election year he glad hands a bunch of seniors in homes and gets reelected.

John Cornyn does not always take the position that I want, however, I do give him credit for working hard at his job and keeping in touch with the people. If you feel as strongly as your statement indicates, get involved and find a better person as a replacement.

Tcruse

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2011
    Corinth
    Yes, I agree. However, with the federal law on handguns sales is 21 and that is another thing that should change. Not very high on the priority list for most but still important.

txinvestigator

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Ft Worth, TX
    Yep... The article highlighted the race stuff because that is good "clickbait". The important takeaway regarding these police lobbyist orgs is this:

“They opposed Senate Bill 60 providing the right to licensed concealed carry in 1995. They opposed extending ‘castle doctrine’ protections to a vehicle to allow a person to carry a gun in their car. They opposed open carry and constitutional carry in 2015. What are they for?

The castle doctrine has nothing to do with where you can carry a gun. It refers to use of force, and extends to all types of deadly force, not just that with a handgun.

Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    The castle doctrine has nothing to do with where you can carry a gun. It refers to use of force, and extends to all types of deadly force, not just that with a handgun.

While true, which method of deadly force do you think I would would be most likely to get a true bill from a grand jury after defending against a home invasion robbery, My katana, or my Glock?

Last edited:

TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    Yep. You should write Representative White to let him know he should have said Motorist Protection Act instead of "extending castle doctrine."

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Coriolis308
    Top Bottom