• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Greg_TX

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 2, 2009
    Klein, TX
    My favorite Texas "F You" trick is when I make a signal to change lanes, the drivers behind pull up to block. It happens 100% of the time and I wonder if they teach that technique in Drivers Ed?
    Happened more times than I could count on this trip. It's especially aggravating when there's a long backup and the two cars at the front seem to be doing their best to block people from passing.

I agree that much of that behavior is regional. In Chicago, we used to call the Dan Ryan expressway "The Snake"! Drivers there run 60 mph and bumper-to-bumper close. When there's a wreck, 30-40 cars can get mashed!
    I didn't know NASCAR was popular up there. "I ain't tailgating, I'm drafting..."
    Hurley's Gold

Greg_TX

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 2, 2009
    Klein, TX
    That, and many of them will pull over onto the hard shoulder to let you by. I love driving out in west Texas.
    Same here - I can get places on a 2-lane back road faster then a multi-lane highway. Besides, if you get behind a local then chances are good that they aren't going far and will turn off soon if you just wait a bit.

Greg_TX

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 2, 2009
    Klein, TX
    You know the worst part of all this? When you pull off to get gas, then get back on the highway, you have to get around the same assholes all over again. :banghead:

Langenator

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 11, 2011
    College Station
    Of all the places the Army has sent me in my career (GA, WA, KS, SC, NC, PA, VA, and now TX), the absolute worst drivers have been in South Carolina.

They seemed to only come in two types: should be in a nursing home slow, or NASCAR wannabe crazy impatient speeders.

The most idiotic thing I experienced there: I was waiting to make a left turn out of a parking lot, having just gotten coffee from Starbuck's. Having the Mrs and Jr, plus two scalding hot cups of coffee in the car, I wasn't in the mood to do any hard acceleration/turning. I wasn't moving fast enough for the woman behind me in her Tahoe, who whipped around me on the right (I was in the left-turn lane) then proceeds to make a left turn in front of me, cornering hard enough to make her tires chirp, all while talking on her phone.

I was so happy when I left there...

bootsdeal

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2011
    North Texas
    I'm getting ready to drive about 1800 miles from Texas to Connecticutt to visit my daughter. I always drive 5 over the limit, no faster or no slower, if the road permits it. I try to always stay in right lane except to pass, and even in right lane there's always some numbnuts that has to get right on my bumper because 5 over the limit is just too slow. Sure hope I get there with no shots at me any worse than "the bird." The best way to check a person's character is to watch them drive.

itchin

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 15, 2011
    Corpus Christi, Texas
    I just took my daughter to her grandma's house in Cibolo. It took me 30 minutes to get from 3009 down to Thousand oaks. Bumper to bumper, stop n go, on a Sunday afternoon just pisses me off!!!!

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    Yeah, but there is often parasitic loss that goes along with that... ;)

That turbo don't spin itself, either...

I drive loop 1604 to and from work everyday and I feel like Mario Andretti just trying to do the speed limit. One of the problems is that the slow drivers will get in the left lane to let the other slowpokes merge from the access lane because they are afraid to accelerate.

Or they get in the left lane to send a text.

I use to go 1604 to 281 to get to work, then a friend showed me Wurzbach Parkway. I've touched triple digits on the way to or from a couple of times...

ROGER4314

Been Called "Flash" Since I Was A Kid!
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2009
    East Houston
    I've been all over the continental USA (not Alaska or Hawaii) and have lived all down the center of the nation. The worst for me was Los Angeles. I traveled a lot on a Honda Gold Wing and in two trips (6000 and 8000 miles) LA is the only place I almost bought it. They are reckless, show no mercy and love to F with motorcycles. They'll run your butt off the road with not even a "sorry 'bout that!" I have no use for them.

Washington DC is a trip to the "Twilight Zone" and South Florida with the Gray Panthers and gang bangers is pretty rough.

I made several other trips to San Francisco, San Diego, Sacramento and didn't have nearly as much trouble as in LA.

Flash

deemus

my mama says I'm special
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    DFW
    don't get us started on Texas drivers... lol

i bet there are a few threads dedicated to just that: venting on Texas drivers. they loooove camping in the left lane

Its all the yankees and foreigners from other states dude. Us Texans know how to drive right...

Top Bottom