• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • winchster

Right Wing Extremist
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 7, 2010
    Justin, TX
    Is it just me, or do San Antonio drivers love stopping in the ACCELERATION lane to get onto the highway? I only ever see it in San Antonio.

Its not you. I spent the weekend down there last week. Those people are the slowest interstate drivers I've ever seen.

Texasjack

TGT Addict
    Rating - 50%
    1   1   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Occupied Texas
    In Texas, the problems are mostly from congestion. If you do any travelling at all, you'll quickly find out that there are far worse places to be. New Jersey and Philadelphia are home to some of the most rude drivers ever. I saw someone cut off and flip off an ambulance in NY.

I have noticed in Houston that there are FAR fewer wrecks on the Hardy Toll Road than on I-45. Charging a toll cuts down on some of the stoners and illegals (who may have JUST learned to drive). Traffic moves a lot faster on the Hardy - which would help support the idea that wrecks are the result of bad driving, not speed - and wrecks are rare. I-45 has some sort of wreck every rush hour, and often some in between.

mitchntx

Sarcasm Sensei
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 15, 2012
    Waco-ish
    Dallas drivers seem to get me riled the most, if you hit your blinker someone will speed up to block the opening and it is almost guaranteed if you have a trailer they will park themselves beside the rear axle so you can't get in front of them.

Geez, I hate that.

Was merging right in College Station with a 28' enclosed ... not huge, but a pita, none-the-less.
    A car full "kids" zipped in as I was crossing the line.
    Screw it ... I kept coming ... its a trailer, right?

Horns a-blowing, fingers a'waving ... but I make it over.

At the next light, the car is next to me on the left, now.

Girls rolls down her window, and proceeds to explain in "sailor language" about how I have had relations with some one's mom, how my father didn't exist and then propositioned me several times.

I look at her with a wide grin and say, "Yer windshield is a helluva lot bigger than my mirror."

I've been known to wag the tail of the trailer at a driver that shadows me while driving.

#1gunner

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 18, 2012
    Dallas
    I have drove around mainly the east coast to central(no westcoast) and my personal experience is I was Glad to Get back in texas. Atlanta sucks, washington D.C. sucks, virginia sucks, indiana sucks, n.carolina sucks bad. Texas is by far better than everywhere I have been to. Most other states do not have MIXMASTERS or ACCESS roads. Your going to have more stuff happening when those are included IMO.

alexrex20

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 26, 2011
    Geez, I hate that.

Was merging right in College Station with a 28' enclosed ... not huge, but a pita, none-the-less.
    A car full "kids" zipped in as I was crossing the line.
    Screw it ... I kept coming ... its a trailer, right?

Horns a-blowing, fingers a'waving ... but I make it over.

At the next light, the car is next to me on the left, now.

Girls rolls down her window, and proceeds to explain in "sailor language" about how I have had relations with some one's mom, how my father didn't exist and then propositioned me several times.

I look at her with a wide grin and say, "Yer windshield is a helluva lot bigger than my mirror."

I've been known to wag the tail of the trailer at a driver that shadows me while driving.

Manually running up the trailer brakes to full lock and making a smoke show tends to make the tailgaters back off a little bit. ;)

GPtwins

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 15, 2009
    Sachse, Tx
    I live in the DFW area so this is a daily complaint of mine as well. I find that the worse offenders are the newbies. Especially those that don't come from where cars/driving is the norm. A bit of advise, never drive through an Asian market. No one ever looks before backing out. That horn they here, that must be for someone else.

orbitup

Sticker Cop
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Nov 6, 2010
    Waxyscratchy
    I have drove around mainly the east coast to central(no westcoast) and my personal experience is I was Glad to Get back in texas. Atlanta sucks, washington D.C. sucks, virginia sucks, indiana sucks, n.carolina sucks bad. Texas is by far better than everywhere I have been to. Most other states do not have MIXMASTERS or ACCESS roads. Your going to have more stuff happening when those are included IMO.

+1 for access roads!

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    I hate when traffic backs up and everyone hits the access rd, then there is a secondary jam as they are trying to get back on the interstate.

Also when a lane is closed and almost everyone moves to the open lane but those few idiots who want to pass everyone in the mostly vacant lane until the get to the cone and want to jump in ahead of everyone. I will intentionally block these people out and look at them flipping me off while I do it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

beavf16

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 22, 2011
    San Antonio
    Its not you. I spent the weekend down there last week. Those people are the slowest interstate drivers I've ever seen.

I drive loop 1604 to and from work everyday and I feel like Mario Andretti just trying to do the speed limit. One of the problems is that the slow drivers will get in the left lane to let the other slowpokes merge from the access lane because they are afraid to accelerate.

Or they get in the left lane to send a text.

TXDARKHORSE361

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 15, 2012
    I drive loop 1604 to and from work everyday and I feel like Mario Andretti just trying to do the speed limit. One of the problems is that the slow drivers will get in the left lane to let the other slowpokes merge from the access lane because they are afraid to accelerate.

Or they get in the left lane to send a text.

I hate that so much, I have to take the loop around from the 10 to get on 1604E and yesterday coming home the guy in front of me was pulling a trailer so obviously he's gonna be going a little slower, the guy behind me was freaking out and riding my ass almost hitting me I look in my mirror and the jerk off is on his cell phone barely paying attention, smdh.

Rangerscott

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 2, 2010
    Lubbock
    The Texas is gonna have to break down and make I-20 6 lanes. Just way too many 18-wheelers and vehicles. It's a huge bottleneck from sweetwater to abilene.

ROGER4314

Been Called "Flash" Since I Was A Kid!
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2009
    East Houston
    My favorite Texas "F You" trick is when I make a signal to change lanes, the drivers behind pull up to block. It happens 100% of the time and I wonder if they teach that technique in Drivers Ed?

I agree that much of that behavior is regional. In Chicago, we used to call the Dan Ryan expressway "The Snake"! Drivers there run 60 mph and bumper-to-bumper close. When there's a wreck, 30-40 cars can get mashed!

Flash

Top Bottom