Texas Gun Show Blows

Discussion in 'Other Areas' started by ST5MF, Dec 28, 2008.

1. ST5MF

ST5MF Member

Nov 27, 2008
    This has to be the worst "Gun Show" on the PLANET. It is nothing more than a Carnie Convention/Garage Sale. I can't believe I paid $7 to go to a garage sale. Just about everything there is junk; and there was maybe 7-8 dealers (out of the 20 or so actual tables there) with any guns. The main accessories was a dealer selling KNOCK-OFFS(?).

Don't waste your time with the one in San Antonio. It is nothing more than junk dealers trying to pedal:bs:

2. jack7742

jack7742 New Member

Dec 18, 2008
    Schertz
    I pretty much agree. I've attended a couple of the Texas Gun Shows at the Live Oak Community City, and they were less than impressive. Now I wait for the SAXET shows at the Freeman in downtown SA or out at the Shrine on 1604

3. Nate C

Nate C Active Member

Mar 30, 2008
    Black Cat Ridge
    Sadly, that seems to be an increasingly accurate description: Carnie convention/garage sale.

Of course, that can actually be a good thing...if you are shopping for a Highlander sword, a woven Indian dreamcatcher, some beef jerky and a bunch of guys standing around talking about the incoming New World Order. However, if you are actually shopping for firearms, forget about it.

4. deerslayer64d

deerslayer64d New Member

Dec 28, 2008
    It has ben a few yrs sence I went to a gun show just for that reason I used to hit every show that came to town but no more

5. Saxet

Saxet Member

Mar 22, 2008
    Pasadena, TX
    The best show I have ever attended was in Gonzalez, LA at the Lamar/Dixon Convention Hall. Sadly, the Lamar/Dixon has sold and probably no more shows. The shows are run by the Great Southern Gun Shows Home Page. They also have shows in Longview, Texas.

6. Gpz1100

Gpz1100 Member

Mar 15, 2008
    Warren, TX
    ain't there one coming up in pasadena?

we really need a calender or links to some. maybe a rating system too. might help promoters try to put together better shows?

7. nalioth

nalioth Active Member

Oct 13, 2008
    Houston Metro
    Yes, but it won't be the "Texas Gun Show" company putting it on (which is the subject of this thread).

8. ST5MF

ST5MF Member

Nov 27, 2008
    Texas Gun Show should change its name to TX CARNIE CONVENTION.

I am looking to move back to TX; someone please tell me there are some legitimate shooters with some knowledge of Guns, Ammo, and Shooting...

I have not seen much more than junk gun and knock-off collectors.

Anyone?

9. nalioth

nalioth Active Member

Oct 13, 2008
    Houston Metro
    Please rephrase your request, as I'm sure you didn't mean it like you said it.

10. blazer

blazer Member

Dec 12, 2008
    San Antonio
    I went to that one as well and it DID stink. The few gun dealers that were there were also pretty high on their prices. Ex Marlin 30-30 can be found for around 300. These guys wanted 400 plus with no negotiating.

Did you notice that many tables were empty and part of the convention hall was also curtained off?

Last time I go to a TEXAS gun show.