• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • thescoutranch

TN Transplant - We love living in TX
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 5, 2020
    Georgetown
    I had to let my best friend go yesterday. He made it to almost 10 years but cancer got him. He was a miniature chocolate schnauzer. Wylie was a great companion. Very hard dealing with this now. I loved him while he was here and will love him forever. He will be missed.
    So sorry for your loss. Wylie is at peace now and you can take some comfort in knowing that you gave him a good and loving home.

IXLR8

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 19, 2009
    Republic of Texas
    Well maybe not pets, but they visit us quite a bit.
    IMG_5831.jpeg

BigRed

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 25, 2021
    Midwest
    Old buddy of 17 years is struggling.

She came home riding in the back seat with our youngest daughter when she was a pup.

Tough days.

I pray for a peaceful passing for my old buddy.

I pray for the same for us all.

Appreciate the kind words from TGT folks.

We had to put our oldest dog down yesterday. Despite confidence in it being the best decision for her, it is nonetheless a sad loss.

She was suffering so much on her last night with us. Suffering from a failing heart and fluid buildup on the lungs, she was coughing so hard through the evening and night that she had a hard time catching her breath. She woke me up with her coughing at about 02:00. Got her calmed down but she was not good.

Dog had been on a healthy regiment of diet and exercise her whole life, but figured she was close to her last meal. Decided to fry bacon in a cast iron skillet and scrambled eggs in the bacon grease. Split the dish sitting on the floor with her.

As it worked out, all of our family was able to be there at the end...glad it worked out that way.

She was a good dog.

Last edited:

MountainGirl

Happy to be here!
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 22, 2022
    Ten Oaks

We had to put our oldest dog down yesterday. Despite confidence in it being the best decision for her, it is nonetheless a sad loss.

She was suffering so much on her last night with us. Suffering from a failing heart and fluid buildup on the lungs, she was coughing so hard through the evening and night that she had a hard time catching her breath. She woke me up with her coughing at about 02:00. Got her calmed down but she was not good.

Dog had been on a healthy regiment of diet and exercise her whole life, but figured she was close to her last meal. Decided to fry bacon in a cast iron skillet and scrambled eggs in the bacon grease. Split the dish sitting on the floor with her.

As it worked out, all of our family was able to be there at the end...glad it worked out that way.

She was a good dog.
    What a blessing for her to share her life with you, what a gift to you that she did.
    Peace to you and your family, my friend.

striker55

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 6, 2021
    Katy

She was a good dog.
    We've been there and feel you.

innominate

Asian Cajun
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Austin
    I had to let my best friend go yesterday. He made it to almost 10 years but cancer got him. He was a miniature chocolate schnauzer. Wylie was a great companion. Very hard dealing with this now. I loved him while he was here and will love him forever. He will be missed.
    So sorry for your loss

innominate

Asian Cajun
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Austin

She was a good dog.
    It's good that y'all could be with her at the end.

deemus

my mama says I'm special
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    DFW
    Yeah well I wanna know how that flip-flop stayed unchewed.

Me painting her back porch red helped.

Providing lots of legit chew toys helped.

Only one shoe got chewed. But she’s incredibly smart. Smartest dog I’ve ever had, as evidenced by her figuring out the open lever on the trash can. And eager to please helps too.

Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    Top Bottom