1691162996680.png
    Texas SOT

wakosama

Collapse now - Avoid the rush
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 5, 2022
    Spring
    I wondered what kind of a dog 'moonpie' had twice earlier, but was too polite to mention it back in my recent Glock pictured posts...

deemus

my mama says I'm special
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    DFW
    Just discovered my dog's new trick.

She is a trash digger. My daughter got a new trashcan that you have to step on to open the lid. I just busted my dog, in her bathroom, stepping on the pedal, and looking inside her trash can.

Friggin smart dog....

leVieux

TSRA/NRA Life Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2013
    The Trans-Sabine
    I'll put this here, because it just fits better than anywhere else.
    We took lady to see Mac today. He was asleep but knew we were coming and instructed us to wake him no matter what.
    We got him woke up and coherent.
    I asked if he wanted Lady. He just reached out with both arms. I sat her on his chest and he wrapped her up. She was licking his face and her tail was a blur. He's very weak. Cancer in every organ and abdominal fluid. Not many days left that he will recognize.
    Anyway, we'll be back tomorrow or Sunday, or both. Mac has no family. Never married.
    One thing Mac loved was dogs.
    The highlight of his day was walking Lady down to our house and getting all the dogs in the cul-de-sac out to play.
    "Dog party" he called it. Then he would hand out treats to all in attendance. View attachment 398198

ETA. He asked last year if we would adopt Lady if something happened to him. Of course we agreed.
    <>

You are doing the “Lord’s Work”.

I think He expects that of us all. . . . . .

Carry-on !

<>

Coiled

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 25, 2016
    SETX
    Come on guys let's get some happy pics going again. Here is a rescue we have, she followed me while riding my bicycle. She had a skin condition which we took her to the vet and got fixed up. All her shots and got her fixed. Later on she needed knee surgery which cost a few thousand dollars, at that time she was part of the family.
    View attachment 399343
    'Happy' is a few thousand dollars towards pet surgery?
    My line in the sand differs but glad you (y'all) are willing . . and able.

billtool

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 16, 2008
    The Wooldlands
    I had to let my best friend go yesterday. He made it to almost 10 years but cancer got him. He was a miniature chocolate schnauzer. Wylie was a great companion. Very hard dealing with this now. I loved him while he was here and will love him forever. He will be missed.
    Sorry for you loss, Brother. Sincerely…..

baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    I had to let my best friend go yesterday. He made it to almost 10 years but cancer got him. He was a miniature chocolate schnauzer. Wylie was a great companion. Very hard dealing with this now. I loved him while he was here and will love him forever. He will be missed.
    RIP Wylie, sorry for your loss.

thescoutranch

TN Transplant - We love living in TX
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 5, 2020
    Georgetown
    What the hell.

We called around 6 different vets in the Georgetown / Taylor / round rock area and they all want $500 to $600 for neutering a dog. We called our old vet, back in Tennessee - $125 for neutering.

$500 is an insane price, lot of people cannot afford $500 for neutering.

We finally did find a vet in Liberty Hill that does it for $100.

Lucas is home safe and sound after his procedure. We had him snipped and chipped yesterday Otto is beside himself because he wants to play with Lucas so badly.

MountainGirl

Happy to be here!
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 22, 2022
    Ten Oaks
    Sorry to hear that Dave. I remember your post from May that you were starting to get concerned. Prayers for your healing, and hopes that when the time is right another bundle of love and fur will find his way into your heart. ((hugs))

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    sephiroth0085
    Top Bottom