• ...and so much more!
  • baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    baboon,

HOW would a person KNOW if the chicken, that they are buying, has salt water added?
    (I've NOT seen any chicken that was so labeled.)

yours, satx
    It should be marked if it been enhanced. They don't put it in very large print. Chickens being grown with hormones & steroids grow bigger then us old folks remember chickens being. Those bigger birds will get tuff when over cooked. The enhancement is to keep the chickens moist.

Lots of pork also gets enhancement.

Think of the extra profits producers see if they add 3% salt water to the tonnage sold!
    Lynx Defense

satx78247

Member, Emeritus
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2014
    It should be marked if it been enhanced. They don't put it in very large print. Chickens being grown with hormones & steroids grow bigger then us old folks remember chickens being. Those bigger birds will get tuff when over cooked. The enhancement is to keep the chickens moist.

Lots of pork also gets enhancement.

Think of the extra profits producers see if they add 3% salt water to the tonnage sold!

baboon,

My home county is the home of PILGRIM'S PRIDE CHICKEN & I did not know that chicken, as well as pork, had salt water added.
    (YEP. 3%, essentially for FREE as salt water is CHEAP, added to the HUGE amount of chicken sold each year would be a HUGE profit to the producers. = Likely in 7 figures.)

THANKS for the info.

yours, satx

baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    The best chicken to buy in the store is Air Chilled. It aint cheap buy its far better for you. Chicken that is not air chilled runs threw a chilled water bath. Because of the bacteria that can be found when slaughtering the water contains anti bacterial like bleach.

satx78247

Member, Emeritus
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2014
    The best chicken to buy in the store is Air Chilled. It aint cheap buy its far better for you. Chicken that is not air chilled runs threw a chilled water bath. Because of the bacteria that can be found when slaughtering the water contains anti bacterial like bleach.

baboon,

SAME QUESTION: HOW does a purchaser know whether chicken is air-dried or put into water?? Labeled as such??

THANKS for the info. - That could well prevent getting sick.

yours, satx

Sasquatch

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 20, 2020
    Magnolia
    We told our son we could get a dog (or dogs) after we had a house of our own (not a rental) - we've been in Texas two and a half months, some puppies came up needing homes in our neighborhood. We added a little boy and a little girl to the family last Friday.

Blue heeler / lab mix. Daddy was a yellow lab, per the owner of the heeler. He had to be a democrat - he jumped the fence, knocked up the bitch, then left her pregnant without any contact info and no child support :laughing:

Funny thing with labs is that it seems it doesn't matter the color of the parents, the babies can be any color.

3PXjHl4.jpg

ga94iHl.jpg

3ljCEz5.jpg

The black one is our boy - I named him Ranger because when we went to view the pups, he was constantly going off on his own, getting into shit, kind of doing his own thing. The oreo little girl my wife named Cheyenne, because she kept listening to the George Strait song "I Can Still Make Cheyenne" and just likes the name.

They're just about 7 weeks old. Fun little babies!

baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    baboon,

SAME QUESTION: HOW does a purchaser know whether chicken is air-dried or put into water?? Labeled as such??

THANKS for the info. - That could well prevent getting sick.

yours, satx
    While I was still working Randall's carried Smart Chicken brand. It was a very small display of chicken when compared to the store label & Sanderson Farms. For the most part it did not sell because of the higher price, but got marked down to half before expiring.

Vaquero

Moving stuff to the gas prices thread.....
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Apr 4, 2011
    Dixie Land
    We told our son we could get a dog (or dogs) after we had a house of our own (not a rental) - we've been in Texas two and a half months, some puppies came up needing homes in our neighborhood. We added a little boy and a little girl to the family last Friday.

Blue heeler / lab mix. Daddy was a yellow lab, per the owner of the heeler. He had to be a democrat - he jumped the fence, knocked up the bitch, then left her pregnant without any contact info and no child support :laughing:

Funny thing with labs is that it seems it doesn't matter the color of the parents, the babies can be any color.

3PXjHl4.jpg

ga94iHl.jpg

3ljCEz5.jpg

The black one is our boy - I named him Ranger because when we went to view the pups, he was constantly going off on his own, getting into shit, kind of doing his own thing. The oreo little girl my wife named Cheyenne, because she kept listening to the George Strait song "I Can Still Make Cheyenne" and just likes the name.

Love that!

satx78247

Member, Emeritus
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2014

3PXjHl4.jpg

ga94iHl.jpg

3ljCEz5.jpg

Saquatch,

My old housemate (MAJ Roy F. Tillery, USAF Retired) used to say that most all dogs are NATURAL DIMocRATS, as they seldom know who their daddy is, don't even try to get a job & expect someone else to take care of their needs from birth until death.
    (ROY "was a card". - Sadly he has been PROMOTED TO GLORY due to a heart attack some years ago. = He is missed by all of his comrades-in-arms & many friends.)

yours, satx

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas

3PXjHl4.jpg

ga94iHl.jpg

3ljCEz5.jpg

Awesome! Cute puppies!

baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    Took my son to the vet this morning for bath & nail trim. He also has a sack forming on his right ear. I figured it was a reaction to a bug bite. Vet say a hematoma from an ear infection. His feet & elbow also suffering with allergies.

She claims it a really bad year with fall allergies in dogs! Brought him home with a RX for prednisone. $491.00 & she wants to see him in 2 weeks.

Poor old boy had a rough day away from his mammy & pappy. Currently snoring as bad as the wife normally does!

satx78247

Member, Emeritus
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2014
    Axxe55,

HOW BIG is SUSIE??- Can't tell from a photo. = GOOD LOOKING pooch though.

yours, satx

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    This old gal met God yesterday. Hard, sad day around the house. Big hole in my heart. Time heals all wounds but I never get used to this crap. Our other mutt is 12. The prospect of doing this again in a couple years is ugly.

So please meet Lola. As they all are - she was one of a kind. View attachment 232147

Been there a few times Bill, so I know what you are feeling right now. It's very hard to lose one of our furry family members.

You have my sympathies sir.

GoPappy

Well-Known
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Dec 18, 2015
    This old gal met God yesterday. Hard, sad day around the house. Big hole in my heart. Time heals all wounds but I never get used to this crap. Our other mutt is 12. The prospect of doing this again in a couple years is ugly.

So please meet Lola. As they all are - she was one of a kind. View attachment 232147

Really sorry about you losing her. We had to do that with our beloved Mollie a few months ago and we still miss her terribly.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Diablo4151
    Top Bottom