APOD Firearms

Texas Lt. Gov. Dan Patrick says Senate currently lacks the votes to pass permitless carry

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    5 days, no action on C.C bill. This is fun reading though. Two buttons and some can't find the right one. Glad it's not a big red button for ICBM launch!

It’s easier to check the committee calendars page; no conf committees have been scheduled yet for any of the handful of bills sent to conf.

Now, conf committees don’t have to meet to do their business, but I expect there’s some politicking going on around Senate Amendment 14 which adds the DPS provide free training requirement. That needs money and that’s a House role to find the money and the Senate seems pretty stuck on that amendment.
    DK Firearms

Vaquero

Moving stuff to the gas prices thread.....
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Apr 4, 2011
    Dixie Land
    It’s easier to check the committee calendars page; no conf committees have been scheduled yet for any of the handful of bills sent to conf.

Now, conf committees don’t have to meet to do their business, but I expect there’s some politicking going on around Senate Amendment 14 which adds the DPS provide free training requirement. That needs money and that’s a House role to find the money and the Senate seems pretty stuck on that amendment.
    You mean, I gotta identify myself, "pseudo register" to lawfully carry?
    .**** that shit.

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    You mean, I gotta identify myself, "pseudo register" to lawfully carry?
    .**** that shit.

That’s the point of contention as I understand it. Hunter’s ed or previous NRA-type basic pistol courses aren’t being considered as a suitable grandfathering mechanisms, either.

kenboyles72

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 15, 2017
    Gladewater,TX
    Money, it's always about money and how much more they can get. LTC instructors bitching about loosing money, the DPS bitching about loosing money, due to a foreseeable decline in LTC's being issued. So now a mandated DPS training course is being stipulated, so they can get more funds.

Sorry folks, this bill had a good run or should I say, a good show that they put on for us. But, I don't think this bill will ever make it to the Governor's desk, it will die a slow death behind closed doors. I would love to see this make it, but politicians will do what they do best, think of themselves and not the people they represent.

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    Better be calling Dan Patrick too. He is the one that will either get it done or let it die. And it looks like he intends to let it die.

Hopefully continued pressure from phone calls and emails will send a very clear message, that his position is still an elected one and that he can be replaced in an election.

Sand Hills

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 23, 2011
    Seguin
    Called the Lt Gov's office. Lady answered, put me on hold, mentioned getting a lot of calls. Told her want Patrick to get HB1927 done. She said as near as I can quote, "It is in the conference committee, when they are finished then the Lt Gov can take action." Told her "he needs to put pressure on them, he's in charge of..." and click she hung up on me before I could say "the Senate."

At least Phelan's gal answering let me finish. She sounded unenthusiastic though.

Top Bottom