Guns International

Texas Lt. Gov. Dan Patrick says Senate currently lacks the votes to pass permitless carry

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Crossroads

Wild West Pimp
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 18, 2018
    Round Rock, TX
    On the way to governor. Great job so far everyone. Need Abbot to sign it now

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210521-154347.jpg
      Screenshot_20210521-154347.jpg
      360.7 KB · Views: 149
    • Screenshot_20210521-154436.jpg
      Screenshot_20210521-154436.jpg
      267.4 KB · Views: 380

Sand Hills

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 23, 2011
    Seguin
    As of two minutes ago on the Texas Legislatures web site: Show no scheduled vote on HB 1927. There shows no votes in either house on a pass through version of HB 1927. There shows no report from the committee on the bill

It's not updated in real time, but I think they actually do a pretty good job keeping the site as current as possible. It must be a nightmare to track all the bills and meetings and schedules and calendars and keep it all straight.

candcallen

Crotchety, Snarky, Truthful. You'll get over it.
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2011
    Little Elm
    I will still send my letter to all of them again.

Good Day,

Let me start by saying how excited I am for this bill to be this far, it is long past due.

Texas should not be lagging behind other states where freedoms like this are concerned. As a former resident of AZ I was shocked when I moved here a decade ago and found this fact to be true.

I implore you to get this bill to the Governor's desk and not allow it to die in this committee as millions of voting and politically active Texans will remember that when it comes time to vote and support candidates next time around.

Also, coming from a state with Constitutional Carry I can, from experience, assure you that none of the doom and gloom or lawlessness that opponents of this bill have foretold came true. That holds true in every state where Constitutional Carry has been passed, it just doesn't lead to anything negative.

So please. Let us be proud of Texas and our elected officials and get this bill passed.

Respectfully
    Texas Resident
    Voter and contributor to conservative causes,

Renegade

SuperOwner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Texas
    Finally dug through archives and found this:

A week after Lt. Gov. Dan Patrick said there weren’t enough votes in the Texas Senate to pass legislation allowing the open carrying of handguns, Gov. Greg Abbott said on the radio that he thinks such legislation will pass.

BY RYAN MCCRIMMON FEB. 5, 2015

Abbott: Open Carry Will Probably Pass | The Texas Tribune

Note the date. It like Patrick has a dog whistle to tell gun owners to get busy making calls.

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    As of two minutes ago on the Texas Legislatures web site: Show no scheduled vote on HB 1927. There shows no votes in either house on a pass through version of HB 1927. There shows no report from the committee on the bill

It won’t show a vote on HB 1927, TLO will next show the two conference reports, then the conference reports will get voted.

Watch the ‘actions’ tab on TLO for the reports. Here’s a link to an example.

no2gates

These are not the droids you're looking for.
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 31, 2013
    Grand Prairie, TX
    I'm happy as hell that it's made it this far. I've got my LTC, so it's not a change for me, but it makes it fair for everyone else who should according to the constitution, be able to carry a gun if they want.

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    TSRA PAC just sent this out. Encouraging.

Greetings!

House Bill 1927 by Representative Matt Schaefer has been announced by Lt. Governor Dan Patrick, Speaker Dade Phalen, Representative Matt Schaefer and Senator Charles Schwartner as all but done. Even Governor Abbott has said in social media that he looks forward to signing the bill.

We aren't done yet-the votes in each Chamber are not cast on this bill but I am putting the champagne in the refrigerator to chill.

Voting, according to the Lt. Governor should be next week. I am waiting to see the language from the Conference Committee but what I am hearing is all things that law abiding gun owners can easily live with.

Click here for Lt. Governor Patrick's presser.

Click here for Representative Schaefer's social media announcement.

KXAN's article with Senator Schwertner's and Governor Abbott'scomments.

I am extremely hopeful at this point, but it ain't over till it's over. I will let you know when the votes are cast!

Andi Turner
    Legislative Director
    TSRA

Top Bottom