Patriot Mobile

Texas Lt. Gov. Dan Patrick says Senate currently lacks the votes to pass permitless carry

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    Has anyone seen if the safety course is still attached?

Not yet, that may be included in the conference report or not, which means waiting until it’s engrossed to see the final text.

Having said that, Chris McNutt stated in tonight’s TXGR Legislative Alert “While we don’t yet know the final language of HB 1927, Capitol insiders report that it is better than passed by the Senate.”

Take it for what it’s worth. FYI, every time you hear DP refer to a poison pill lie, he’s referring to McNutt. Seems Chris has gotten on DP’s shit-list like he did last session with Bonnen, but DP is at least handling it better.
    Target Sports

no2gates

These are not the droids you're looking for.
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 31, 2013
    Grand Prairie, TX
    After it's voted on and Hot Wheels puts his ink on the paper, I wonder how long until people can start carrying without an LTC?

oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015
    Phucking paywalls.
    Strange. I don't have a subscription and don't hit any paywall. I do have cookies blocked. Use uBlock and AdBlock Plus. Maybe some combination of this does the trick.

House and senate committee members reached a deal.

State Rep. Schaefer, did not give details on the agreement reached. Both chambers will need to give final approval before it heads to the governor’s desk. Lt. Gov. Dan Patrick said that could be as soon as early next week in the Senate.

DougC

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2021
    Texas
    Strange. I don't have a subscription and don't hit any paywall. I do have cookies blocked. Use uBlock and AdBlock Plus. Maybe some combination of this does the trick.

House and senate committee members reached a deal.

State Rep. Schaefer, did not give details on the agreement reached. Both chambers will need to give final approval before it heads to the governor’s desk. Lt. Gov. Dan Patrick said that could be as soon as early next week in the Senate.
    From the Dallas Morning News 5/22/2021;

rotor

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 1, 2015
    Texas

DougC

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2021
    Texas
    I was blocked from your Dallas Morning News. They want $$$. I just don't understand why. $$$
    Above replies cover the news; conference committee agreed, details to come out later such as effective date, one more vote required in each house and sign by Gov. We are very close now.

Try this link as it might connect this time;

no2gates

These are not the droids you're looking for.
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 31, 2013
    Grand Prairie, TX
    I bet you still see someone open carry as often as you see a Unicorn Blow skittles out there behind.

And I am one who open caries.
    Since open carry started, I've seen a total of 2 people open carrying, and one of them was riding a motorcycle at the time.

Top Bottom