APOD Firearms

Texas Lt. Gov. Dan Patrick says Senate currently lacks the votes to pass permitless carry

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Wiliamr

Well-Known
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 15, 2011
    Austin
    This is how they set up the bill to fail. Remember it was the Senate sponser whose amendments were the poison pills. Texas politics at its best

TexasRedneck

1911 Nut
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    New Braunfels, TX
    Exactly where is the NRA in getting this passed in Texas? No where.

To be accurate - and fair - they've been working the offices and staff members VERY hard - as well as helping TSRA's lobbyist as she gets more familiar with the different players and methods of Texas governance. They've pretty much let them know that there's a line in the political sand - and passage of this bill is the key to any further support. Now, it's up to US to drive that point home. Not answering the phone? Fine - load up their email servers.

Anyone got their fax numbers?<evil grin>

Dylan40cal

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 9, 2021
    Texas
    Called the Lt Gov's office. Lady answered, put me on hold, mentioned getting a lot of calls. Told her want Patrick to get HB1927 done. She said as near as I can quote, "It is in the conference committee, when they are finished then the Lt Gov can take action." Told her "he needs to put pressure on them, he's in charge of..." and click she hung up on me before I could say "the Senate."

At least Phelan's gal answering let me finish. She sounded unenthusiastic though.
    Keep bugging em!

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    I know he was being sarcastic. But read some of his past comments about the members of this forum, then draw your own conclusions of his comments.

Exactly where is the NRA in getting this passed in Texas? No where.

We can argue about that AFTER we get this bill passed.

No time for distractions.

Let’s keep the phones ringing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BuzzinSATX

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 20, 2013
    New Braunfels
    Just sent another letter to Donna Campbell...typos and all...

“ Good evening Dr. Campbell

I am writing to you to ask you to fully support any and all legislation that is promoted by or endorsed by the Second Amendment Foundation, the Firearms Protection Coalition, or the Gun Owners of America. I am also an NRA member but am ashamed of what that organization has become.

I am ashamed that Texas is not a Constitutional carry state. We are behind Too many other states and gun rights. God bless Susan Hupp for standing up for gun owners after she watched her parents get killed at Lubys and made a huge impact on the gun rights of Texans. I am asking you to stand tall for us as she did.

I’ve voted for you every time you ran. But this is a serious issue and I want more than your vote, I want your zealous advocacy for our rights.

Thank you”

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    Back to your scheduled, on-topic update.

TXGR leading the way:

b9cd447acb51f0b5599fac648ee1b0b8.jpg

TSRA:
    8bae31b21f20ea1566fc881b0d63d7e3.jpg

0e654d7049937bfc708a5171cea1d29b.jpg

Top Bottom