Gun Zone Deals

Texas Lt. Gov. Dan Patrick says Senate currently lacks the votes to pass permitless carry

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • land locked

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 18, 2021
    Nor Cal
    So WHY do you not have a carry permit? And, if you do have a permit, then what is the problem? The $40.00 renewal fee once every five years is less than a fifty round box of premium defense ammunition.

You know what the problem is with that type of thinking? It will not always be $40 and every 5 years. It can be changed, admin fees added, etc, then next time its every 2 years and the fees go to $50. My permit for the "privelege" of CCW is good for 2 years, renewal is $90.l not including an additional $150 for a 4 hour class. My intial permit with fees and classes not including a firearm and ammo was about $500. "Training" was a joke. Now there is a new law with no cap on how much the local sheriff can charge for intial or renewal. They just have to justify the cost in man hours. How many people will that price out carrying? If that happens in Texas god forbid, will you be able to afford it? Your neighbor? Single mom in a bad neighborhood? Your no big deal attitude I expect to hear where I live.

Sent from my VS501 using Tapatalk
    Venture Surplus ad

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    Hello, thanks for the question. I don't believe anyone is saying you CAN'T carry a weapon, open or concealed. All Texas is saying is that you need to demonstrate you are proficient in the use of a firearm, know Texas carry laws and that you are not a criminal (Background Check). I will go one further. If you do have a carry license, then I believe you should be allowed to carry everyplace in Texas, schools, sporting events etc. So, yes, I am pro 2nd amendment.

Good luck with that argument around here! I hope you invested in some abestos underwear. Because this is one tough crowd.

And no, IMO, you are not pro-2nd Amendment with the viewpoints you have. You might think you are, but you're not. You are just like all the rest of the FUDDs.

Coop45

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 9, 2012
    texas
    Hello, no USAF has not lowered their standards.. I always thought robust debate was healthy and a good thing. Just because you and I have a difference of opinion I am not welcome ? Read your history, that type of thinking is what propelled Castro to power. I am curious though. You are obviously passionate about the 2nd and like many of us, want to carry to protect yourself and your family. So WHY do you not have a carry permit? And, if you do have a permit, then what is the problem? The $40.00 renewal fee once every five years is less than a fifty round box of premium defense ammunition.
    I am opposed to HB 1927.. WHY ? I am a retired Air Force Officer and know how important training and proficiency is. I am a conservative Republican, possess a Texas Carry Permit and am pro 2nd amendment. We do not allow someone to drive a car until they have shown proficiency in driving skills and understanding traffic law... In my opinion, the same should apply to concealed or open carry. You need to show proficiency and know the law. My question for constitutional carry is this,,, If carrying a firearm is important to you, then why would you not spend a few hours taking the class, going through a background check and showing you are proficient in the use of a firearm ? I renewed my carry permit 3 months ago and it took all of 10 minutes via the internet. My thought is, invest the time, take the class and get a permit. After that it is easy to renew once every five years.. Lets face it, there are a lot of people who have no business carrying a firearm and the permit process helps weed them out.
    My trust level is now at O-3 as a general rule.

DoubleDuty

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 9, 2019
    DFW
    One thing to remind your senators:

These same alarmists spread fear about concealed carry. None of their dire predictions came true. Same for OC. Now the very same people are spreading fear about constitutional carry. They were grossly wrong on the first two and are wrong again.

There is never a problem with a law abiding citizen carrying a firearm. And criminals will never obey gun laws.
    It works, so they are already proven wrong

Armybrat

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    Hello, no USAF has not lowered their standards.. I always thought robust debate was healthy and a good thing. Just because you and I have a difference of opinion I am not welcome ? Read your history, that type of thinking is what propelled Castro to power. I am curious though. You are obviously passionate about the 2nd and like many of us, want to carry to protect yourself and your family. So WHY do you not have a carry permit? And, if you do have a permit, then what is the problem? The $40.00 renewal fee once every five years is less than a fifty round box of premium defense ammunition.
    There are no fees to vote because it is unconstitutional, so why are there any fees to exercise 2nd Amendment rights?

45tex

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 1, 2009
    K9texas
    I only served 4 years in the Air Force Plenty long enough to notice that AF Officers were quite adept at finding problems that did not exist and expending much effort in solving said nonexistent problems.Once not enough time had passed the O-class declared the non problem solved and would seek acclaim from themselves. "Look, this has not happened and because of me it still has not happened. The man hours are great but the AF has no shortage of men. Lets write a request for permanent funding."
    The second amendment has proven people worthy of Trust repeatedly. Directly in the 20 states that already allow their people to do what they have a right to do anyway. Try trusting in We the People.

DoubleDuty

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 9, 2019
    DFW
    If it passes, This is what is going to happen, most people in the State of TX will not even know about it. Those that do will go about doing the same things they are doing. They will carry or they won't. The police will still be ignorant and criminals will still be criminals.

TexasRedneck

1911 Nut
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    New Braunfels, TX
    I am opposed to HB 1927.. WHY ? I am a retired Air Force Officer and know how important training and proficiency is. I am a conservative Republican, possess a Texas Carry Permit and am pro 2nd amendment. We do not allow someone to drive a car until they have shown proficiency in driving skills and understanding traffic law... In my opinion, the same should apply to concealed or open carry. You need to show proficiency and know the law. My question for constitutional carry is this,,, If carrying a firearm is important to you, then why would you not spend a few hours taking the class, going through a background check and showing you are proficient in the use of a firearm ? I renewed my carry permit 3 months ago and it took all of 10 minutes via the internet. My thought is, invest the time, take the class and get a permit. After that it is easy to renew once every five years.. Lets face it, there are a lot of people who have no business carrying a firearm and the permit process helps weed them out.

Looks to me like the Constitution (which you swore to uphold) means jack chit to you. There was a time when fellow military members would have drummed you out of the service - as it is, as a fellow veteran, I WILL call you out, and tell you that you're not only wrong, but bordering on treason. There are untold thousands of citizens of this state who can't afford the luxury of paying for the "privelege" of exercising their rights. Guess you supported the old Jim Crow laws too, eh?

candcallen

Crotchety, Snarky, Truthful. You'll get over it.
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2011
    Little Elm
    I wonder if Travis and Bowie asked the volunteers for proof of proficiency?
    Still waiting for the instructor to submit the paperwork and background check to come back....

From April 1775. They didnt need it then, Sam and his bunch didnt need it then and we dont need it now.

cycleguy2300

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Austin, Texas
    How about 20 States already have it and it is working just fine. Two of our neighboring already have it. So the police being against it is irrelevant.
    Let me say police are NOT in opposition to CC some chiefs in liberal cities more concerned about their lousy hides and job than the rights of the citizens they serve are however.

Sent from your mom's house using Tapatalk

Recoil45

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 13, 2014
    Welcome. The State of Texas is saying you can’t carry concealed unless you pay for them for a “ right “ that already been granted to you by the US Constitution.

Your are right let's blame Abbot while we are at it. This will help the next democrat who challenges him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Bottom