Capitol Armory ad

Texas Officer Caught On Camera Trying To Delete Video Of Unlawful Arrest/Detainment

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bones_708

Well-Known
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 24, 2013
    I think lawyers would probably take this case tomorrow if you paid them by the hour (against a large upfront retainer). I know when I was in private practice, I rarely said no to large sums of money being handed to me. Your point is a fair one though- I doubt any lawyer would take this case on contingency unless they just wanted the free press and were bored.
    Oh I'm sure if you paid enough someone would take it and you never know lightning could strike and this could be some landmark civil rights case. You would be better off buying lottery tickets if you're really looking to get paid.
    Hurley's Gold

vmax

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 15, 2013
    1/2 chewed french fries all over my tablet.
    well, that is the correct terminology in Texas for when a guy loses his job in this manner.

They need to "fire his ass" or he needs to "get his ass fired"
    We must preserve our way of speaking here in the Lone Star State:green:

ZX9RCAM

Over the Rainbow bridge...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    It just doesn't. Truth is I think the cop was wrong but making statements that just don't fit with reality don't help anyone. Unless the guy stopped sues for mental issues caused by the stop he just doesn't have monetary damages. Sure the DA could in theory charge for official oppression but it's a class a miss, the word intentional is in the definition if I remember right, and it's a pretty high bar to get over when the gentleman was just temporarily stopped. There was no fight, no beatings, no thefts, so the reality is dept reprimand is the best one should realistically hope for.

I am curious if he could have been charged if he had successful in deleting the video?

Now, I realize had the video been deleted, there would have been no proof, so....

Top Bottom