Lynx Defense

Texas Officer Caught On Camera Trying To Delete Video Of Unlawful Arrest/Detainment

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • CAShooter

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 3, 2014
    Being fired does. Sorry, but my opinion, a cop that knowingly and wilfully breaks the law, doesn't need to be one. If he is going to violate rights and tamper with evidence, what other laws is he willng to break?

Sent by a idjit coffeeholic

Agreed:usflag:
    Capitol Armory ad

vmax

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 15, 2013
    he doesn't need to be fired.. he needs to get his ass fired

Mike1234567

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 11, 2014
    South Texas
    Being fired does. Sorry, but my opinion, a cop that knowingly and wilfully breaks the law, doesn't need to be one. If he is going to violate rights and tamper with evidence, what other laws is he willng to break?

Bingo... fire his ass immediately after a hearing (a REAL hearing) finds him guilty.

Acera

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 17, 2011
    Republic of Texas
    Mind you that ignores the fact that the officer is more likely to be hit by lightning than being found guilty but what the heck right?

Bones, you seem to be pretty adamant that this officer will get no punishment. Do you think he did anything wrong? Or, are you just saying that the internal affairs investigation that is currently underway on him will lead to nothing? Just trying to understand your position, you sound like his mother at this point.

Saltyag2010

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 11, 2014
    Flour Bluff, America
    Bones, you seem to be pretty adamant that this officer will get no punishment. Do you think he did anything wrong? Or, are you just saying that the internal affairs investigation that is currently underway on him will lead to nothing? Just trying to understand your position, you sound like his mother at this point.
    I agree with bones on this. Slap on the wrist and back out to the streets. The precedent has been set.

I don't agree with it but it's nothing I can fix either.

bones_708

Well-Known
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 24, 2013
    I didn't say he did no wrong nor did I say he would get no punishment. I just think while rhetoric is all fine and well one should also view the world as it is. The closest crime I can think of to this officers actions is official oppression. Technically the crime fits but it almost always involves some other crime. The cop didn't rob the guy. Didn't beat him, didn't sexually assault him. That is when official oppression gets charged not for when you are made to wait a few min and then are let go. Charging the cop with that would be an unfair and uneven application of law. Even if you did you would have to prove that he "knowingly" did so. That there is no way that the officer could ever think what he did was legal. I'm pro cop but I've also known some dumb police that I really wonder how they managed to pass TCLOSE. So it seems a real high bar to convict the cop even if you did try and unevenly apply the law. While I guess there could be more info, comments made somewhere, etc. Right now the idea that from this one and only stop with no other indication or implication of any other activity there should be some arrest and ruining of this cops life because this event involves gun rights is more than a bit nuts! That you think only his mother would think so means you need to get out in the real world.

jrbfishn

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 9, 2013
    south of killeen
    Guess I'm just ignorant. I thought tampering with evidence, even in an insignificant situation as this, was a crime. The law enforcement classes I took in college did not specify that cops were above the law.

And let me say this. For any LEO that does their job right, legally an fairly, I have nothing but respect. For one that does not and uses the badge as a shield to bully and break the law, I have nothing but contempt and disgust for the cowards they are.

Acera

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 17, 2011
    Republic of Texas
    Ok, understand you know Bones. I kinda thought you were defending him at all costs before, hence the mother comment.

I just think that since the guy got put in handcuffs, officer clearly wrong in trying to delete the video among other things. Added to the fact that the citizen put forth a effort into his protest, he will not let it go. With the media attention I think the best interest of the city would be to make a settlement deal, no one allowed to discuss it, instead of having to pay and deal with a civil suit that will probably make the news, and keep the thing going. Regardless of the outcome of the court case, sometimes it is easier and cheaper to pay and make the whole thing go away quietly.

bones_708

Well-Known
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 24, 2013
    Guess I'm just ignorant. I thought tampering with evidence, even in an insignificant situation as this, was a crime. The law enforcement classes I took in college did not specify that cops were above the law.

And let me say this. For any LEO that does their job right, legally an fairly, I have nothing but respect. For one that does not and uses the badge as a shield to bully and break the law, I have nothing but contempt and disgust for the cowards they are.

Evidence of what? What crime? A police office being wrong just doesn't automatically mean it's a crime.

bones_708

Well-Known
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 24, 2013
    Ok, understand you know Bones. I kinda thought you were defending him at all costs before, hence the mother comment.

I just think that since the guy got put in handcuffs, officer clearly wrong in trying to delete the video among other things. Added to the fact that the citizen put forth a effort into his protest, he will not let it go. With the media attention I think the best interest of the city would be to make a settlement deal, no one allowed to discuss it, instead of having to pay and deal with a civil suit that will probably make the news, and keep the thing going. Regardless of the outcome of the court case, sometimes it is easier and cheaper to pay and make the whole thing go away quietly.

Cuffs make little to no real difference legally speaking. If a cops tells you to stop or to stay then you are just as detained as if you were cuffed. There just are no damages without a pattern of behavior so you won't be getting any real lawyers to take a case like this unless there is something more there. A story like this will not raise much outcry, that some "nutjob" carrying a "assault weapon" without ID was temporally stopped by the cops who were just trying to make sure there were no problems. Yeah the general public will probably think the guy should of gone to jail. I think they are wrong but I recognize what the reality is.

Tejano Scott

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 6, 2011
    The Woodlands
    Cuffs make little to no real difference legally speaking. If a cops tells you to stop or to stay then you are just as detained as if you were cuffed. There just are no damages without a pattern of behavior so you won't be getting any real lawyers to take a case like this unless there is something more there. A story like this will not raise much outcry, that some "nutjob" carrying a "assault weapon" without ID was temporally stopped by the cops who were just trying to make sure there were no problems. Yeah the general public will probably think the guy should of gone to jail. I think they are wrong but I recognize what the reality is.

I think lawyers would probably take this case tomorrow if you paid them by the hour (against a large upfront retainer). I know when I was in private practice, I rarely said no to large sums of money being handed to me. Your point is a fair one though- I doubt any lawyer would take this case on contingency unless they just wanted the free press and were bored.

kyletxria1911a1

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 22, 2010
    kyletx
    I think lawyers would probably take this case tomorrow if you paid them by the hour (against a large upfront retainer). I know when I was in private practice, I rarely said no to large sums of money being handed to me. Your point is a fair one though- I doubt any lawyer would take this case on contingency unless they just wanted the free press and were bored.
    say it ain't so you were one of those! ! Lol

Tejano Scott

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 6, 2011
    The Woodlands
    say it ain't so you were one of those! ! Lol

Trust me, you wouldn't turn it away either. If someone demands justice, and they are willing to pay by the hour for it, then who am I to stand it the way. I'll work my ass off to get them the result they want. Until the retainer runs out, then we gonna need to fix that problem first.

robertc1024

Staff member
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 22, 2013
    San Marcos
    I like me a good attorney. John O'quinn financed my FIL lots, before he ran his Cadillac into a tree.

kyletxria1911a1

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 22, 2010
    kyletx
    Trust me, you wouldn't turn it away either. If someone demands justice, and they are willing to pay by the hour for it, then who am I to stand it the way. I'll work my ass off to get them the result they want. Until the retainer runs out, then we gonna need to fix that problem first.
    tru dat bizdness is bulidzess

Tony2

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 9, 2013
    Magnolia
    The funny thing about this is. (or not) he has a patrol car, a badge, a gun and Obama is buying him a camera and he cant operate a cell phone

icecoldtexan

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 4, 2014
    In a town where the dumb ass police chief can drive his city vehicle into a pedestrian in a crosswalk without any consequences, I'm sure this pig won't get into any trouble.

Top Bottom