Patriot Mobile

Texas Officer Caught On Camera Trying To Delete Video Of Unlawful Arrest/Detainment

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bones_708

Well-Known
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 24, 2013
    Is it a law that you must have ID on you? Carring a rifle with no ID don't sound like a good idea to me .IMO

It's not the law that you must have ID but it is foolish to do so. While you legally can't and shouldn't be arrested for it I would expect that cops wouldn't even give you the smallest benefit of the doubt if any situation does come up.
    Hurley's Gold

Rhino

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 22, 2009
    DFW Area
    It's not the law that you must have ID but it is foolish to do so. While you legally can't and shouldn't be arrested for it I would expect that cops wouldn't even give you the smallest benefit of the doubt if any situation does come up.
    To be honest, I would prefer to always go without "ID" if possible. We should all respect each other as human beings. But of course if you are driving, flying, etc... it's pretty hard to get by without one.

Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    Because there would be a crap load more crime and a lot more victimization.
    I do not think so. I think if people had to depend on themselves for their own safety and protection, there would be a lot of dead thugs, and a lot less of "respect mah authoritah"

vmax

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 15, 2013
    That video is shocking.

people carrying firearms in public, speaking their minds to the police, recording police encounters, objecting unlawful searches and attempted destruction of evidence, just what in the hell is going on down in Houston town?

Whats next? If this keeps up next thing you know is Pastor's will be preaching against homosexual lifestyles.

vmax

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 15, 2013
    I do not think so. I think if people had to depend on themselves for their own safety and protection, there would be a lot of dead thugs, and a lot less of "respect mah authoritah"

does anybody here go to bed at night with warm thoughts thinking that the police are out on the streets keeping them safe from bad people? Really?
    I'm not sure that many people do think they depend on the police for their safety and protection. Maybe people that go to malls and drive hybrids think that way but the people I associate with sure the hell don't.

TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    I completely disagree.
    I don't say this often, but Hoji is right ;)

Police simply can't prevent crime. They can make crime move around a bit by being present, but all they can really do is catch criminals after the crime has been committed in order to incarcerate them. Incarceration doesn't prevent future crimes either as recidivism is extremely high.

txinvestigator

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Ft Worth, TX
    does anybody here go to bed at night with warm thoughts thinking that the police are out on the streets keeping them safe from bad people? Really?
    I'm not sure that many people do think they depend on the police for their safety and protection. Maybe people that go to malls and drive hybrids think that way but the people I associate with sure the hell don't.

The majority of people do not understand the concept that generally, the police will only be there to clean up the mess. That said, society would be in shambles without the police. The police are critical for the investigation of crimes and incarcerating offenders. Cops also prevent an enormous amount of crime.

I support body camera for LEOs.

txinvestigator

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Ft Worth, TX
    I don't say this often, but Hoji is right ;)

Police simply can't prevent crime. They can make crime move around a bit by being present, but all they can really do is catch criminals after the crime has been committed in order to incarcerate them. Incarceration doesn't prevent future crimes either as recidivism is extremely high.

Actually stats prove differently, as does my experience. An offender in prison cannot victimize YOU today. The guys arrested at o dark thirty for carrying a crow bar behind the closed business is a crime prevented. People caught in the act or even immediately afterward allow victims to recover property.

You are right about the displacement. Much crime us displaced.

vmax

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 15, 2013
    The majority of people do not understand the concept that generally, the police will only be there to clean up the mess. That said, society (in big cities) would be in shambles without the police. The police are critical for the investigation of crimes and incarcerating offenders. Cops also prevent an enormous amount of crime.
    FIFY

Country people can mostly better prepared to take care of themselves and know the police are up to 30 mintues away
    It's the city dwellers that downlead an ap on their smartt phone to call 911 and that makes them feel secure and safe.

I support body camera for LEOs.
    here! here!

vmax

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 15, 2013
    .... Incarceration doesn't prevent future crimes either as recidivism is extremely high.

sometimes it promotes future crimes. The petty theif finally gets put in for a few years and comes out, bigger stronger and now a gang member more equipped to commit crime then when he went inside.
    that happens.. alot

txinvestigator

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Ft Worth, TX
    sometimes it promotes future crimes. The petty theif finally gets put in for a few years and comes out, bigger stronger and now a gang member more equipped to commit crime then when he went inside.
    that happens.. alot

That and more....

However, those incarcerated are not committing crimes on the outside while they are in. ;)

TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    The guys arrested at o dark thirty for carrying a crow bar behind the closed business is a crime prevented.
    Just curious as to what the arrest would be for in this scenario. Trespassing? Carrying a "club"? Hey man, I was just walking through this alley minding my own business, lol...

those incarcerated are not committing crimes on the outside while they are in. ;)
    That's true, but it's very temporary. I'm not sure what a better method would be, but locking criminals up by itself isn't very effective. I think we need some form of ostracism to come back. If someone is a thief, no one should do business with them until they have paid restitution (to the actual victim, not the "state"). By not do business with, I mean not even HEB or Walmart will sell them groceries. Instead what we do is give them a Lonestar card after they've served their 6mo in criminal academy :p

Vaquero

Moving stuff to the gas prices thread.....
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Apr 4, 2011
    Dixie Land
    What we need is good honest people in positions of authority.
    What we get most often are just average at best who made it through an Academy.

I've got a friend who worked for TDCJ. When he started, he wanted to make a difference.
    When he quit 6 years later, he was an overbearing thug. The environment got to him.

Polarbear6

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 25, 2013
    Central Texas

I believe that when it comes to their own safety, self defense and the police, most people don't "think" at all

cpileri

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2011
    near Fort Hood (Killeen)
    I always thought we ought to take the weightlifting out of prisons, give them a track for running/walking to get some excercise; and feed them a reduced calorie, reduced protein diet. No sense in making bigger, stronger criminals. If they get out and truly reform, they can add the weights and protein back in as free persons.

that happens.. alot

kyletxria1911a1

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 22, 2010
    kyletx
    I believe that when it comes to their own safety, self defense and the police, most people don't "think" at all

Uncle Sam taught us that in basic. Out here your safety is your responsibility.
    And face it the way this country is now it's a combat zone

Top Bottom