Hurley's Gold

Texas Officer Caught On Camera Trying To Delete Video Of Unlawful Arrest/Detainment

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • vmax

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 15, 2013
    There will be no settlement, there just wasn't damage enough. There will be no charges. Over reaction helps no one and just makes you look fringe.

a cop broke the law. One of which was violating the 4th Amendment Rights of the citizen.
    I guess they are different that way.

Sent from the fringe.
    Gun Zone Deals

bones_708

Well-Known
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 24, 2013
    a cop broke the law. One of which was violating the 4th Amendment Rights of the citizen.
    I guess they are different that way.

Sent from the fringe.

HOW MUCH DAMAGE!!! You don't get a payday just because someone does something wrong.

London

The advocate's Devil.
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Sep 28, 2010
    Twilight Zone
    There will be no settlement, there just wasn't damage enough. There will be no charges. Over reaction helps no one and just makes you look fringe.

Over reaction? Jeez, I guess if I take a cop's gun, put him in handcuffs, and delete his dashcam footage it's no big deal, right?

Acera

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 17, 2011
    Republic of Texas
    HOW MUCH DAMAGE!!! You don't get a payday just because someone does something wrong.

Yes you can in a civil suit it is called Punitive damages or exemplary damages. As I understand it they are used for punishing the defendant in a civil lawsuit, based on the theory that the interests of society and the individual harmed can be met by imposing additional damages on the defendant.

However I would like to hear from one of our legal eagles on here to confirm my belief in that.

jrbfishn

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 9, 2013
    south of killeen
    When someone hides behind a badge to bully and break the law, they deserve no respect. Anyone think if YOU treated him that way he would say "no big deal"?

If you do, I have a bridge for sale,,,,,cheap

Sent by a idjit coffeeholic

bones_708

Well-Known
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 24, 2013
    Over reaction? Jeez, I guess if I take a cop's gun, put him in handcuffs, and delete his dashcam footage it's no big deal, right?

Well it would be a different crime and guess what? He wouldn't be getting paid for it either.

bones_708

Well-Known
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 24, 2013
    Yes you can in a civil suit it is called Punitive damages or exemplary damages. As I understand it they are used for punishing the defendant in a civil lawsuit, based on the theory that the interests of society and the individual harmed can be met by imposing additional damages on the defendant.

However I would like to hear from one of our legal eagles on here to confirm my belief in that.
    Yeah but since on the video the guy mentioned how great HPD has always been you got no pattern of behavior for a suit against the dept. And the guy was just momentarily delayed. There just aren't the facts that will get someone paid no matter how much you dislike the cops actions.

bones_708

Well-Known
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 24, 2013
    When someone hides behind a badge to bully and break the law, they deserve no respect. Anyone think if YOU treated him that way he would say "no big deal"?

If you do, I have a bridge for sale,,,,,cheap

It's the reality of the situation. He won't be getting paid. I could think what the cop did is worse than murder but ignoring reality makes little sense when weighing the legal chances of a lawsuit.

RACER X

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2013
    Richmond/Houston
    Yeah but since on the video the guy mentioned how great HPD has always been you got no pattern of behavior for a suit against the dept. And the guy was just momentarily delayed. There just aren't the facts that will get someone paid no matter how much you dislike the cops actions.
    Trying to delete the evidence shows he knows it was wrong but trying to do it anyways, and I agree civil court his ass, slam dunk case

Acera

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 17, 2011
    Republic of Texas
    Probably never see a verdict in court, quiet settlement would be in the best interest of the city. Don't want a jury to get a shot at it.

Does anyone know this guys name? Would like to follow news associated with him.

bones_708

Well-Known
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 24, 2013
    Trying to delete the evidence shows he knows it was wrong but trying to do it anyways, and I agree civil court his ass, slam dunk case

It just doesn't. Truth is I think the cop was wrong but making statements that just don't fit with reality don't help anyone. Unless the guy stopped sues for mental issues caused by the stop he just doesn't have monetary damages. Sure the DA could in theory charge for official oppression but it's a class a miss, the word intentional is in the definition if I remember right, and it's a pretty high bar to get over when the gentleman was just temporarily stopped. There was no fight, no beatings, no thefts, so the reality is dept reprimand is the best one should realistically hope for.

jrbfishn

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 9, 2013
    south of killeen
    Being fired does. Sorry, but my opinion, a cop that knowingly and wilfully breaks the law, doesn't need to be one. If he is going to violate rights and tamper with evidence, what other laws is he willng to break?

Top Bottom