• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Randman

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 19, 2009
    Leander, TX
    No Armed guards in banks, cause the banks got cheap, didn't wanna pay for armed guards anymore... They think that the new deterrent is all the cool cameras.. But not a good argument against OC.. If I'm gonna rob a bank, and I know the only guy for sure that is armed is the guard, who do you think I'll nutralize first? But if I walk not a bank, and all of a sudden there are 3, 4, or 6 people wih guns....well, I cut my losses and bolt.. Same goes for any other business.. Just my .02

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Just wondering. Don't get me wrong one month ago I was all for it. Seen a discussion about it on here and was swayed the other way.

But the question is this: Is open carry something you wouldn't do personally, or is it something you believe is wrong or detrimental to the state, if it is the latter please state your reasons.

shooterfpga

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 24, 2011
    Conroe, TX
    i would open carry definately. i wear my shirts tucked in so it would be a lot easier for me. im not about to wear a jacket. id sooner walk around with my kevlar with my gun strapped to the front than a jacket.

Iggy

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2011
    Austin
    To me the issue of any type of carry open or otherwise is dumb not because i am agenst it but because we should have a constitutional carry that does not mandate leagal citizens to obtain premission from the state to use our constitutional right to keep and bear arms! Not that i dont love Texas but as far as i am concerned Arizona has the right idea.

kabob

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 1, 2012
    Dallas
    open carry would be horrible. If someone is planning on doing something illegal such as a robbery or something of the such, you have a target on your chest as you are a threat to them before anything even happens. Reason why they no longer have security officers in banks.

Hear, hear I seriously have no desire to advertise the fact that I'm armed or even that I'm a gun owner except to folks I'm comfortable with them knowing. Not only that, who the heck wants the hassle of scared civvies calling the cops, staring at you, etc., in public?

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    I doubt we would have much hassle with people calling the cops with legal open carry. I can understand how some prefer to avoid the "extra attention" but I also believe that with time it could go along ways to making people more comfortable with firearms being around and not being some evil thing we must hide.

Your reasons point to why you don't want to OC, but why should I not be able to if I choose?

bagged02

BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 20, 2012
    Granbury, TX "South Ft.Worth"
    But the question is this: Is open carry something you wouldn't do personally, or is it something you believe is wrong or detrimental to the state, if it is the latter please state your reasons.

I would OC and do not think it would be bad for the state I just prefer to Conceal. Think about this: Your in Wal-Mart, a psycho 15 year old teenager boy just got dumped by his girl. His mother just pissed him off and looky here, I got a gun now. Lets go postal and then kill myself. What imsaying is this would also allow for a kid or crazy person to come behind you and unarm you TAKING YOUR WEAPON at the perfect time. It happens to cops all the time. Again, please dont reply in haste, lets just discuss it please. I know the reply "if you let someone take your gun your a dumbass, but it does happen" Thank you

bagged02

BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 20, 2012
    HOly crap: I wont even post links because there are so many. But google. open carry incidents. I just want a nice discussion about it because maybe I can change my views with hearing some good points.

matefrio

ΔΕΞΑΙ
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2010
    Missouri, Texas Consulate HQ
    I would OC and do not think it would be bad for the state I just prefer to Conceal. Think about this: Your in Wal-Mart, a psycho 15 year old teenager boy just got dumped by his girl. His mother just pissed him off and looky here, I got a gun now. Lets go postal and then kill myself. What imsaying is this would also allow for a kid or crazy person to come behind you and unarm you TAKING YOUR WEAPON at the perfect time. It happens to cops all the time. Again, please dont reply in haste, lets just discuss it please. I know the reply "if you let someone take your gun your a dumbass, but it does happen" Thank you

I was in Walmart OCing in the toy isle. Didn't happen to me.

I find such paranoia and hoplophobia the product of someone who worries too much and lives very little.

20120420230753.jpg

shooterfpga

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 24, 2011
    Conroe, TX
    i really dont see that happening to cops all the time and them getting the gun unless you have some sort of holster that doesnt have retention or a keeper. mine snaps in, so you would have to figure out how to release it first and then pull it and some of them get jammed if you pull while trying to release which is most likely what someone would do if they were unfamiliar with your holster. also, why are you letting people ride you?

TexasRedneck

1911 Nut
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    New Braunfels, TX
    They make a product called a "retention holster". That pretty much negates the ability for someone to snatch it away readily.

As to why you get your feathers burned so readily, it's because you make statements with NO basis in fact (ie, banks removed armed guards). My bank still has armed guards. Those that don't removed 'em for the same reason they removed "live" switchboard operators - overhead. They figger they got all those neat cameras, so they're "safe".

How often do you see folks fly by MARKED cop cars, then say "they never saw them"?!?? Happens routinely - most folks are NOT observant. I walked an event last year where my jacket had ridden up over my 1911 when I took my wallet out, and didn't notice. I walked around a crowded bazaar for over an hour until a cop walked up, mentioned the issue to me, and walked away. Prior to that, there was NO notice given by anyone. People simply don't observe. Look at the utube videos where the bad guy walks into a place past a uniformed officer and STILL tries to hold 'em up, because he didn't notice the uniformed cop!

I want the choice to open carry, because it's mine to make. Not some legislators, not some guy that is worried that *I* might become a target.....mine!

bagged02

BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 20, 2012
    Redneck, your not giving me some reasons to think about, your crying about my opinion and questions. Your not answering them. Like I said if you didnt read it, I am not against it for Texas I just have questions about it. Hell, If I cant ask them on a forum, then ill be like you, I just want my rights(to speak)

Would you want it mandated for that specific holster??

matefrio

ΔΕΞΑΙ
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2010
    Missouri, Texas Consulate HQ
    I want the choice to open carry, because it's mine to make. Not some legislators, not some guy that is worried that *I* might become a target.....mine!
    +1 to this comment by TexasRedneck

To the those that disagree: When we have OC in Texas I'm not going to force you to OC. Please allow me the same digression to make my own choices and stop trampling progress towards freedom.

TexasRedneck

1911 Nut
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    New Braunfels, TX
    Redneck, your not giving me some reasons to think about, your crying about my opinion and questions. Your not answering them. Like I said if you didnt read it, I am not against it for Texas I just have questions about it. Hell, If I cant ask them on a forum, then ill be like you, I just want my rights(to speak)

Would you want it mandated for that specific holster??

No, I answered your question AND gave you feedback as to why you get the 'tude you do.....but you just want to ignore it - and that's fine with me. As for "crying".....don't give yourself that much credit.

Don't recall I said anything about mandating a retention holster - I simply said that they're available (which you are obviously unaware of), and would therefore be an option. I carried for many years on a Sam Brown - a .357 w/o a retention holster, and never had someone try to grab it - despite getting into some pretty hairy situations. Would I carry in a retention holster today? Likely - simply because I know they CAN fall out just in the normal routine of moving about, NOT because I'm worried about gettin' it yanked by a perp (although that would be an added "plus").

TexasRedneck

1911 Nut
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    New Braunfels, TX
    +1

To the those that disagree: When we have OC in Texas I'm not going to force you to OC. Please allow me the same digression to make my own choices and stop trampling progress towards freedom.

ummm....you DO realize we're on the "same side", right? I WANT the right to OC - it should be MY CHOICE, not the government's!

Top Bottom