• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bagged02

BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 20, 2012
    Granbury, TX "South Ft.Worth"
    were talking about texas though. Sorry, I must of missed something. Again for those that think I am still saying Im against it, I am not, I just want more info before I change back. No one has gave pros and cons. THat would help a lot.

matefrio

ΔΕΞΑΙ
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2010
    Missouri, Texas Consulate HQ
    were talking about texas though. Sorry, I must of missed something. Again for those that think I am still saying Im against it, I am not, I just want more info before I change back. No one has gave pros and cons. THat would help a lot.
    We were talking about kids in Wamart grabbing guns out of OCing folks holsters IIRC. I was sharing my REAL life experience in Walmart OCing.

Pros: Freedom to decide to OC or not to OC. I really shouldn't need any more.

Cons: I could see a short term backlash of 30.06 signs going up.

Irrational Thoughts that have no basis in fact: your arguments so far.

Look at the map of OC friendly sates: Oklahoma will be a Licensed OC state Nov 1st 2012. At that time TX will stick out like a sore thumb from it's surrounding states with it's oppressive OC laws.

Let's see your list of issues.
    opencarrymap.png

TexasRedneck

1911 Nut
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    New Braunfels, TX
    exactly, so why are you getting upset. Did I say I NEVER WANT IT? Are you reading what Im writing or using osmosis via computer screen

#1 - I was speaking to matefrio (note that I was quoting HIS post).....

#2 -
    What imsaying is this would also allow for a kid or crazy person to come behind you and unarm you TAKING YOUR WEAPON at the perfect time. It happens to cops all the time.

Go tell Mommy that you've exceeded your allotted computer time for the year, please.

bagged02

BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 20, 2012
    #1 - I was speaking to matefrio (note that I was quoting HIS post).....

#2 -

Go tell Mommy that you've exceeded your allotted computer time for the year, please.

Cry babies shouldnt have guns. You cry more than anyone else on this fourm you know that. People like you run other members off forums like this. Ive been on forums for over 15 years. THat should tell you im no KID, SON...

bagged02

BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 20, 2012
    Here are 16 gone.

ORANGE AREA
    Anomalous open carry statesIn these states, open carry of a handgun is generally lawful, but the state may lack preemption or there may be other significant restrictions. The limitations and/or lack of pre-emption means that certain areas of these states are, in their judicial system and law enforcement societies, not very friendly towards the practice.

matefrio

ΔΕΞΑΙ
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2010
    Missouri, Texas Consulate HQ
    Here are 16 gone.

ORANGE AREA
    Anomalous open carry statesIn these states, open carry of a handgun is generally lawful, but the state may lack preemption or there may be other significant restrictions. The limitations and/or lack of pre-emption means that certain areas of these states are, in their judicial system and law enforcement societies, not very friendly towards the practice.
    23 if you count the 7 in red then. Even if I give you those that's still over half the states allow OC.... and more than the seven you assumed.

bagged02

BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 20, 2012
    I would be ok with all of them being OC actually. I would like to OC some places and CC others. I think the main reason of the uproar is there are people that would not be cogniacent(sp) of their surroundings and create harmful situations. My aplologies if I offended anyone, this was not the reason I initiated conversation. However, people need to realize not all forum members are here to create hostile conversations and some just want information and to have normal cordial conversations, like myself.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    exactly, so why are you getting upset. Did I say I NEVER WANT IT? Are you reading what Im writing or using osmosis via computer screen

Ummmm

open carry would be horrible. If someone is planning on doing something illegal such as a robbery or something of the such, you have a target on your chest as you are a threat to them before anything even happens. Reason why they no longer have security officers in banks.

okie556

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 12, 2009
    Longview, TX
    Every time OC comes up I am amazed at all the bickering back and forth. Good grief this is a gun forum. Seems everyone on it should be tickled to death if OC passed. Another battle we won against the liberals. If it passes and you don't want to open carry then fine.....don't! But you should still be supportive of those who do want to open carry. If there was ever a court hearing on OC all the government liberals would have to do is just pull up this thread.....many threads on this subject....and OC would easily be voted against. Stepping down off my soap box now.

Top Bottom