• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • shooterfpga

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 24, 2011
    Conroe, TX
    Every time OC comes up I am amazed at all the bickering back and forth. Good grief this is a gun forum. Seems everyone on it should be tickled to death if OC passed. Another battle we won against the liberals. If it passes and you don't want to open carry then fine.....don't! But you should still be supportive of those who do want to open carry. If there was ever a court hearing on OC all the government liberals would have to do is just pull up this thread.....many threads on this subject....and OC would easily be voted against. Stepping down off my soap box now.

youre right, they always vote against something that has huge support in favor of allowing it.

bagged02

BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 20, 2012
    Granbury, TX "South Ft.Worth"

That does not say I DO NOT WANT IT. it says its not a good idea. Page 4 and all i ever heard was, well, I just want it. Maybe I do to, maybe not. Good night all. If you got upset in this thread, it is you that got upset not I my friend. Cant stand the heat FTFO.

Goverment is not going to use unverifiable information from unverifiable persons on a verifiable online internet forum

Domineaux

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 14, 2010
    Houston
    Current status of open carry states per Open carry in the United States - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia (I know wikipedia is not a perfect source but the overwhelming majority of information is accurate) :

Six states and the District of Columbia fully prohibit the open carry of handguns. On the other side, twelve states permit open carry of a handgun without requiring the citizen to apply for any permit or license. Thirteen states require some form of permit (often the same permit as allows a person to carry concealed), and the remaining seventeen states, though not prohibiting the practice in general, do not preempt local laws or law enforcement policies, and/or have significant restrictions on the practice, such as prohibiting it within the boundaries of an incorporated urban area. Illinois allows open carry in unincorporated areas and private property only.

Simply put, even California (till last year) and Illinois allowed some form of open carry while Texas did/does not which is absolutely shameful in my opinion.
    While many would not choose to open carry, it should be a choice we get to make as "free men" in this country that was founded on principals of liberty for all.
    In the 43 states (Oklahoma's open carry is not yet enacted) that allow some form of open carry, it is extremely rare to hear of any of the numerous issues that anti open carry or anti gun people claim will be rampant. There have been exactly zero "blood in the street" mass murders.

Anyone who appreciates or even respects the right of citizens to legally own guns should at the very least respect the rights of others to choose to carry guns open or concealed as they like. Anyone opposed to the legal ability to do so based on their own unsubstantiated fears or personal dislike of the idea needs to seriously re-evaluate their supposed belief in liberty.

Roscoe

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2009
    Magnolia
    I don't see how so many active shooters can be against OC. I don't see me using OC on more than a
    limited basis, but others see a real need for it. I'm all for them getting what they want - maybe an issue will
    come up down the road that I'll want their support with. I don't own a suppressor, don't really have a need
    for one at this time - that doesn't mean others don't want/need them. I support that issue too. Any pro-gun
    law giving us more freedom is a good thing.
    Oklahoma just passed an OC law. In Okla you must have a CCL to carry - open or concealed. I would imagine
    there would be some type of license requirement if OC passes here. I don't really understand the concern
    about being a potential target when you OC. If OC worries you - don't do it; let others be the target while
    you have your concealed handgun to protect yourself.

Domineaux

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 14, 2010
    Houston
    Bagged02:
    None of us should need to convince you to support the legality of open carry. Most other states are better than Texas on this issue and it should be allowed as per the Constitution. There is very little evidence of open carry problems in the great majority of this country which allows it, so why on Earth should Texas still ban it outright?

If you personally would never open carry, that should in no way make you opposed to allowing everyone the ability to choose for themselves.

Tejano Scott

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 6, 2011
    The Woodlands
    I think people who are hesitant about OC should remember that liberals made these same arguments about concealed carry- "it would turn the state into the old west" , "law abiding citizens would be more likely to use guns and get them taken away by a criminal" blah blah. Inevitably it's just someone else's paranoia that is often not based on any real life experience carrying a firearm. I am old enough to remember the arguments made against CHL, and to me the OC arguments are equally lame.

bagged02

BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 20, 2012
    Granbury, TX "South Ft.Worth"
    Bagged02:
    None of us should need to convince you to support the legality of open carry. Most other states are better than Texas on this issue and it should be allowed as per the Constitution. There is very little evidence of open carry problems in the great majority of this country which allows it, so why on Earth should Texas still ban it outright?

If you personally would never open carry, that should in no way make you opposed to allowing everyone the ability to choose for themselves.

Someone else that is MISINFORMED on what I was stating. Really, I stated it again at the beginning of 3 other replys.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Someone else that is MISINFORMED on what I was stating. Really, I stated it again at the beginning of 3 other replys.

If anyone is misinformed it is due to the first five words you typed in this thread.

open carry would be horrible.

You claim the statement means it's a bad idea but not that you don't want it, which makes absolutely no sense. Why would anyone think you are supportive of something you think is horrible. You followed that statement with a rediculous and unfounded argument regarding armed bank guards and later tried using some crap about kids at walmart stealing your gun.

When called out on that you claimed to have found tons of supporting evidence but weren't going to post any links, That earns a BS call.

You get into some asinine argument with TRN and think you are right because you "have been using forums for 15 years", that don't mean shit. And it damn sure doesn't mean your grown up.

And you wonder why you get flamed on this crap

TxDad

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2010
    Central Texas
    I hope it passes. I believe it was a right that shouldnt have been denied in the first place. IF you dont like it, dont do it. Just dont hinder my ability to have the option.

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 17, 2010
    Austin
    Hear, hear I seriously have no desire to advertise the fact that I'm armed or even that I'm a gun owner except to folks I'm comfortable with them knowing. Not only that, who the heck wants the hassle of scared civvies calling the cops, staring at you, etc., in public?

Don't worry. When our right to open carry is restored, you will be able to choose how you want to carry. Open carry will not be mandatory.

Mexican_Hippie

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 4, 2009
    Fort Worth

People are confused because this thread was started to discuss the legal aspects of the legislation and to get moving for 2013...not the merits of Open Carry. Also, every thread like this goes to crap for the exact same reason, so some of us have tired head. Why not start a completely separate thread to discuss the pros and cons since they're irrelevant to the legislation and just clutter up this thread?

Renegade

SuperOwner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Texas
    My expert political analysis is the way to OC in Texas is to first remove the penalty for CHL failure to Conceal. This would be a very short, simple bill with the best chance of passage.

If we cannot get this passed, then CC has no chance.

Remember, we did not lose our gun rights in a single session, we will not get them back in a single session either.

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 17, 2010
    Austin
    My expert political analysis is the way to OC in Texas is to first remove the penalty for CHL failure to Conceal. This would be a very short, simple bill with the best chance of passage.

That was what last session's bill was going to do. 46.15 also had to be amended, and 30.05. The authors mistakenly believed 30.06 had to be amended which caused a lot of problems.

Renegade

SuperOwner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Texas
    That was what last session's bill was going to do. 46.15 also had to be amended, and 30.05. The authors mistakenly believed 30.06 had to be amended which caused a lot of problems.

Last session they were late to the game.

No excuses this session.

TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    I think we really need to get TSRA to get moving on this....but good luck. I'll contact them again - may even run up to Austin to discuss it w/them - as a Life member, they should at least listen to me.....
    Please let us know what they say. The last time someone posted TSRA's response to being asked if they support open carry, it was rather less than agreeable. I didn't re-new my membership due to that response. It would be interesting to see if they've softened their opinion on it at all.

However, people need to realize not all forum members are here to create hostile conversations and some just want information and to have normal cordial conversations, like myself.
    lolwut? You're the one making the conversation hostile

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    D54G
    Top Bottom