Guns International

Texas prosecutor plans to drop most biker shooting cases (Waco)

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • OFFascist

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 2, 2013
    Portland, TX
    https://archive.is/qefLB#selection-1163.0-1163.56 WP archive

WACO, Texas — A Texas prosecutor plans to recommend dismissing around 100 of the more than 120 remaining biker cases stemming from a 2015 shooting outside a Waco restaurant.
    One biker has been tried in the almost three years since the shooting, and it resulted in a mistrial. More than 175 bikers were originally arrested, with 154 eventually indicted.

I read an article previously saying how they basically just arrested everyone on the scene regardless if they were involved or not. Its ridiculous those people had charges over them for 3 years.
    Target Sports

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Not just charges.

Many were restricted by where they could travel and who they could associate with.

IMO, it was one the most aggregious violations by law engorcement I've seen. Lots of politics behind the arrests as well.

oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015
    Can absolutely understand the arrests at the time. Immediately after the incident it was chaos with a large number of people, many weapons.

But in the weeks following the incident, a review of the surveillance tapes should have resulted in many of the charges being dropped then, not years later.

AustinN4

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Nov 27, 2013
    Austin
    Can absolutely understand the arrests at the time. Immediately after the incident it was chaos with a large number of people, many weapons.
    But in the weeks following the incident, a review of the surveillance tapes should have resulted in many of the charges being dropped then, not years later.
    From the tapes I saw, most were hunkered down hiding behind and under tables.

oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015
    It is Wafo after all, also home to the Branch Davidian fiasco which is absolutely one of the most egregious violations by law enforcement at every level.

Actually, Waco was not home to the Branch Davidians. Rather that was in a small community some distance from Waco.

But it was a rogue cowboy operation by the ATF and inexcusable. Vernon Howell could have easily been arrested when he went into town by himself. Had happened before without incident.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2012
    HK
    Speaking of Waco. Here's one of the FBI snipers. Guess what that is circled in red. Think sausage smell. The guy sure seems awfully proud to pose by it.

WACOFBISNIPERHUMANREMAINSINBACKGROUND.jpg

As for the bikers. Let the law suits fly.

Renegade

SuperOwner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Texas
    Many of those arrested weren't even part of the Bandidos or Cossacks, of course had I of walked in and saw them there together, I would have walked out about as fast.

All this.

The best defense to a shootout, is not to be there when it happens. Situational Awareness dictates that was clearly a place you did not want to be. If somehow you were there and shooting starts, E&E as fast as possible before the Police arrive.

LOCKHART

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 29, 2014
    Lockhart, Texas
    From what I've read, most of the fatalities were from .223 caliber bullets. I think the cops knew this was going down, and looked to kill them some bikers!

oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015
    All this.

The best defense to a shootout, is not to be there when it happens. Situational Awareness dictates that was clearly a place you did not want to be. If somehow you were there and shooting starts, E&E as fast as possible before the Police arrive.

Yep. If I am dining and the Bandido's come strolling in, I am leaving.

seeker_two

My posts don't count....
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 1, 2008
    That place east of Waco....
    Actually, Waco was not home to the Branch Davidians. Rather that was in a small community some distance from Waco.

But it was a rogue cowboy operation by the ATF and inexcusable. Vernon Howell could have easily been arrested when he went into town by himself. Had happened before without incident.

It occurred just outside Elk, TX. I was attending Baylor when it happened. News coverage was enough to make me drop my journalism major.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Top Bottom