Capitol Armory ad

Texas prosecutor plans to drop most biker shooting cases (Waco)

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • LOCKHART

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 29, 2014
    Lockhart, Texas
    I had a Texas Ranger captain who was a good customer of mine when I was in the auto parts business. He was one of a contingent of Rangers who were sent to investigate the Branch Davidian mess. He told me there was fired .308 brass all around the compound. So much for the governments lies that they never fired into the compound! This is to inform you that if the shit ever does hit the fan, be disabused of the notion that our soldiers or National Guard will not fire on you! They did at Waco!

OFFascist

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 2, 2013
    Portland, TX
    http://www.kwtx.com/content/news/Judge-signs-dismissal-in-Twin-Peaks-bikers-case-481948191.html

Several lawyers, including one who is handling more than 115 of the federal civil suits filed, now say the language in the Clendennen dismissal may open the door to yet more liability for Reyna and, now, for McLennan County.

The “lack of probable cause” part means Broden was right about the whole thing, all along, he says.

“That’s what we’ve been saying from the very beginning,” Broden said.

“The ‘cookie-cutter’ arrest affidavits and the identical language in the indictments were not sufficient to establish probable cause for those arrests in the first place and because of that all of them are flawed.”

But Reyna’s, and by extension McLennan County’s, liability is multiplied manifold because “he knew those affidavits were flawed and he pushed them anyway,” Broden said.

Ty Clevenger, a Waco attorney who now practices in federal courts in Washington, D.C. and specializes in civil rights cases similar to the ones that name Reyna, said Monday in a telephone interview that there is no question that Reyna faces unlimited liability, not only because of the language in the Clendennen dismissal, but because that very language proves what defense attorney were complaining about from the beginning.

“It would be the arresting officers who face that liability in most cases, but in this case if the district attorney showed up at the scene, ordered the police to do anything, directed their arrests on questionable grounds and followed all of that through the indictments, he is toast”.

If more prosecutors would face such consequences for their wrongdoings we would probably be able to have a justice system instead of merely having a legal system.

TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    If more prosecutors would face such consequences for their wrongdoings we would probably be able to have a justice system instead of merely having a legal system.
    Yep! Unfortunately it is extremely difficult to hold individuals in the legal system personally liable. Typically it's the government institution that gets sued and pays damages, and that does nothing to change behavior; only further burdens the tax payers.

uh... what?

LOCKHART

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 29, 2014
    Lockhart, Texas
    Waco wasn't a WAR! Just ol cigar Bill and his dyke attorney general pushing the envelope to see how much they could get by with. I think Oklahoma city pretty much told them what they needed to know!

rusty tweezers

BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 24, 2014
    Waco wasn't a WAR! Just ol cigar Bill and his dyke attorney general pushing the envelope to see how much they could get by with. I think Oklahoma city pretty much told them what they needed to know!

Don’t think I said it was:)

rusty tweezers

BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 24, 2014
    "Happens in most wars or hasn't anyone noticed or been". Think you posted that.

Wow . hey brother you should probably get a job or a hobby besides arguing with everyone who doesn’t side with you. Must be really miserable at home or something? Take a happy pill or something cause it seems that you try to stir the pot at all times. Not with just me but everyone I’ve noticed. Me I just like pushing your buttons

LOCKHART

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 29, 2014
    Lockhart, Texas
    LOL! Dude, you ain't pushing my button, but like a typical SJW you resort to insults, etc when you get called on your bullshit! Did you write post 68 or not? If you DIDN'T, you have my sincerest apologies.

rusty tweezers

BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 24, 2014
    LOL! Dude, you ain't pushing my button, but like a typical SJW you resort to insults, etc when you get called on your bullshit! Did you write post 68 or not? If you DIDN'T, you have my sincerest apologies.

Awe now he’s been insulted. Really bro. Your also a bit Delusional I’m thinking

Top Bottom