• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • vmax

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 15, 2013
    once in awhile some show like this is hyped up and I actually get a little excited to watch it

I hope they do it right. I know Bill Paxton plays Sam Houston and he did an interview about getting the role and finding out he is related to him which inspired him even more to get it right.

I see where Kris Kristofferson plays Andrew Jackson..I am not impressed with his acting skills and never have been

I went to IMDB and did a quick look for who was playing roles for Travis, Crockett and Bowie and couldn't find them. I think the role of Travis would be pivotal to me
    Target Sports

AustinN4

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Nov 27, 2013
    Austin
    Thanks to vmax for posting this as I probably would not have known about it otherwise.

I checked and it will be available on Netflix also, no release date yet.

Savage805

blueberry in tomato soup
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 23, 2013
    paradise, ATX
    The History Channel did a good job with the Hatfield & McCoy's. I'll bet it's good show. Probably not that accurate though.

busykngt

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 14, 2011
    McKinney
    Tejas wouldn’t be Texas without the valuable aid and assistance of ‘Mexicans’ who lived in Texas during the years of revolution. Of the estimated 189 men who died in the Alamo, only six were actually born in Texas: Juan Abamillo, Juan A.Badillo, Carlos Espalier, Gregorio Esparza, Antonio Fuentes, and Andrés Nava. One of them (most likely Carols Espalier) fought and killed 25 Mexican soldiers with a Bowie knife – of those he killed, one held the rank of Colonel. Sergeant Manuel Flores served in the Texian Army and was at virtually all combat encounters: Battle of Gonzales, Seige of Bexar, Battle of the Alamo and Battle of San Jacinto – he continued to serve in the Texas militia during the years of the Republic and was promoted to the rank of Captain. Too many other Hispanics to mention have served in the Texas Rangers and in the Texas Congress (later, state legislature). There’s a reason Texas has honored so many “place names” after Hispanics (Seguin, Texas, Gonzales, Texas, Navarro county, and on & on…).

Last edited:

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    Dude, any reason why your post has to be in such small font? This is what it looks like to anyone over 50....

..... .....'. .. ..... ....... ... ........ ... ... .. '.......' ... ..... .. ...... ..... ... ..... ... ........ .. ... ........ .... ... ... ..... .. ... ......, .... ... .... ....... .... .. ....: .... ......., .... .. ....., .....
    ........, ........ ......, ....... ....., ..... ....... ....., ... .. .... (..... ...... ..... ......) ...... ... ...... .. ....... ....... .... .. . ...... ..... - .. ..... .. ...., ... .... ... .... .. ...... ........ ....... ..... ...... .. ... ......
    ...... ... ... .. .......... ... ....... .......; ...... .. ....., ...... .. ....., ..... .. ... ..... ... ...... .. ... .... - .. ........ .. .... .. ... ....... ....... ..... .... ..... ... ... ... .... ........ .... ... ......... .... ... ..... .. ......
    ..... ...... ... .... ... .... .... .... ........ ......... ... .. .... .... ..... ......... (....., ...... ...........). .....'. . ....... ....... .... ..... .. ..... "...... ..... " ..... ...... (......, ....., ....., ....., ..... ......, .... ... .....
    & .. …).

Acera

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 17, 2011
    Republic of Texas
    Dude, any reason why your post has to be in such small font? This is what it looks like to anyone over 50....

..... .....'. .. ..... ....... ... ........ ... ... .. '.......' ... ..... .. ...... ..... ... ..... ... ........ .. ... ........ .... ... ... ..... .. ... ......, .... ... .... ....... .... .. ....: .... ......., .... .. ....., .....
    ........, ........ ......, ....... ....., ..... ....... ....., ... .. .... (..... ...... ..... ......) ...... ... ...... .. ....... ....... .... .. . ...... ..... - .. ..... .. ...., ... .... ... .... .. ...... ........ ....... ..... ...... .. ... ......
    ...... ... ... .. .......... ... ....... .......; ...... .. ....., ...... .. ....., ..... .. ... ..... ... ...... .. ... .... - .. ........ .. .... .. ... ....... ....... ..... .... ..... ... ... ... .... ........ .... ... ......... .... ... ..... .. ......
    ..... ...... ... .... ... .... .... .... ........ ......... ... .. .... .... ..... ......... (....., ...... ...........). .....'. . ....... ....... .... ..... .. ..... "...... ..... " ..... ...... (......, ....., ....., ....., ..... ......, .... ... .....
    & .. …).

LOL, M3 your internet browser may have a way to increase the size, I sometimes have to crank mine up to 110-130% sometimes to read the small stuff.

Acera

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 17, 2011
    Republic of Texas
    And something else to put on you guys radar. I will be mad if they screw this series up, however I will be furious if they screw up 2017s release of the remake of "The Magnificent Seven".

Got some good people in it, hope they live up to the extremely high standards of the 1960s film.

The Magnificent Seven (2017) - IMDb

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    Shouldn't be necessary, there's no reason to use a font any smaller than the default...

By the way, 'CTRL 0' restores your browser to the default size.

vmax

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 15, 2013
    The outcropping at Houston's camp in Gonzales does not exist anywhere in that region.
    it looks more like McCamey

Big Phil

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 20, 2013
    SATX
    yeah....um Nachogdoches should be mostly pine trees, not open plains. Having grown up a mere 30 miles south I think I have some expertise. But as they say it's all about what Hollywood thinks Texas looks like.

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    I wasn't impressed. Most of the dialogue was cliches, and the settings were all wrong. About the only character I liked so far was Deaf Smith...

Top Bottom