• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • RCK1999

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 13, 2008
    And Cotton at CHLforum does a pretty good job of keeping a list of gun/use of force bills and quick summary.
    http://texaschlforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=141&t=86854

Looks like a couple of positive bills (that we should support), but many more restrictive bills from the democratic side (lots of 30.06 & 30.07 sign adjustments).

Also wondering if there will be reviews and/or hearings to review the rollout of campus carry and the "interpretation" by many schools.

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    I'm no criminal.

But you could be if you inadvertently carried into one of the prohibited places. :(

I agree, the priority should be eliminating as many of the prohibited places and penalties for 30.06/30.07 "violations" over Constitutional carry. CC would be nice, but I don't think it positively affects the safety of Texans as much as removing those ridiculous "safe zones" that aren't safe!

matefrio

ΔΕΞΑΙ
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2010
    Missouri, Texas Consulate HQ
    I won't be doing a summary this year. Missouri is where I'll be focusing.

If someone would like to model my efforts of previous years here's a thread: https://www.texasguntalk.com/forums...-texas-gun-legislation-2015-84th-session.html

Take a bit and look at the TX Government Website.

http://www.capitol.state.tx.us/

Simple search pulls up most of the legislation.

6lGzQu.png

Tcruse

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2011
    Corinth
    The best way to stop the "No Gun Zones" is to make the owners/operators of such places responsible for ANY criminal harm at such locations or in-transit to such locations. A punitive addition of 500% might also be in order. And the 51% limitations need to be just removed entirely, let them post the same as the rest of the state.

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 17, 2010
    Austin
    The best way to stop the "No Gun Zones" is to make the owners/operators of such places responsible for ANY criminal harm at such locations or in-transit to such locations. A punitive addition of 500% might also be in order. And the 51% limitations need to be just removed entirely, let them post the same as the rest of the state.

That's a horrible idea. Instead, we should repeal 30.06 and 30.07 and require verbal notice from the prop owner.

Dash Riprock

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 8, 2009
    Austin
    Honestly, the entire carry statutes need to be overhauled. The signs are stupid, most of the statutorily prohibited places are silly, there is confusion and contradiction all over the place because we've piecemealed this thing for 20 years, and we STILL can't prevent postings at so-called "government owned or leased" premises.

And speaking of "premises", even the definition of that is silly and inconsistent in some places.

I'd love to have constitutional carry but I doubt we can get there this year. If we can remove all or nearly all the statutorily off-limits places and do away with all the signs in exchange for requiring verbal notice before elevating to trespassing, I'll be a happy camper.

roadkill

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 5, 2013
    If we have cc I'd like to still have the license system for carry on other states. Make CC have the same restrictions with signage etc as the current LTC has and make the LTC an enhanced type license/ classification where carry is allowed anywhere by Leo on or off duty with only notable restriction is can't consume alcohol in 51% areas. The lack of off limits places would be an incentive for people to get their LTC and the training involved with it.

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 17, 2010
    Austin
    If we have cc I'd like to still have the license system for carry on other states. Make CC have the same restrictions with signage etc as the current LTC has and make the LTC an enhanced type license/ classification where carry is allowed anywhere by Leo on or off duty with only notable restriction is can't consume alcohol in 51% areas. The lack of off limits places would be an incentive for people to get their LTC and the training involved with it.

If a cop can lawfully have a drink at a bar while carrying why should a LTC holder not be allowed to?

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    If a cop can lawfully have a drink at a bar while carrying why should a LTC holder not be allowed to?

Because they are the only ones profeshunal enough to handle firearms in those situations.

**shoots self in foot**

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

roadkill

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 5, 2013

I said on/off duty. I doubt very many Leo can consume alcohol in a bar while carrying off duty without violating policy rules and even more so for on duty. The 51% carry will be a sticking point if the leg was ever to consider giving LTC holders the same carry rights as on/off duty LEO.

TAZ

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 17, 2008
    Round Rock
    That's a horrible idea. Instead, we should repeal 30.06 and 30.07 and require verbal notice from the prop owner.

10000+ to this. Used to be a proponent of the concept of penalties for owners who posted and someone got hurt. Not so much anymore. Not a fan of penalizing one person for the actions of a third party. It's not right.

Get rid of all signs. Verbal notice to specific individuals, no musac over the PA with a warning every few minutes.

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 17, 2010
    Austin
    I said on/off duty. I doubt very many Leo can consume alcohol in a bar while carrying off duty without violating policy rules and even more so for on duty. The 51% carry will be a sticking point if the leg was ever to consider giving LTC holders the same carry rights as on/off duty LEO.

You don't think some cops stop for a cold beer after work? If it's legal for them, it should be legal for an LTC holder. Same rights means same rights.

Top Bottom