• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Recoil45

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 13, 2014
    I have had several disagreements with how things are run there, but am not banned.

Had one thread I started where people started bickering with each other, and then my thread was closed instead of the perpetrators getting action against them. Didn't agree with that.

Had another thread where I posted a link that the NRA was supporting the no fly list, and still not having true due process. Cotton jumped on my case, stating that the libertarian website was a "liberal rag" and that the NRA would never do such a thing. However, I never saw one true stance from the NRA that showed they would only support legislation that kept due process in place.

I go there for any technical knowledge/gun news, but stay out of political discussions, because if you don't support certain ideas, you will get thrown to the wolves. And don't you dare say anything negative about the NRA.

The NRA sent me an alert urging me to call my senators asking them to oppose the legislation. Phone numbers and email addresses we included. They were a actively against it. I'd question the source of the information as well.

locke_n_load

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 9, 2013
    Houston, TX
    The NRA sent me an alert urging me to call my senators asking them to oppose the legislation. Phone numbers and email addresses we included. They were a actively against it. I'd question the source of the information as well.

Pretty sure the NRA was on-board behind Cornyn's and other "Republicans" legislation.

motorcarman

Compulsive Collector
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Feb 13, 2015
    Rural Wise County, TX.
    The forum is called 'TEXAS Concealed Handgun License dot com' so of course Open Carry was not wanted. Now they have a useless acronym because Texas changed it to LTC. He should change the website to Texas LTC dot com??????? Maybe someone already bought the domain name?????

bob

kevo62

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 27, 2016
    Lmao.. I thought the same thing. Unfortunately, if you go to texasLTCforum.com, it redirects to the chl page

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    I made an account after talking with a past member of this forum regarding a method of getting constitutional carry legislation pushed. I'd done quite a bit of work on it. He recommended going there due to Charles Cottons connections in Austin.

The member o spoke with was pretty respected and intelligent. He wouldn't have sent me there if he didn't think what I had was sound.

I was immediately criticized, chastised, warned, and sent on my way. You do not go to that site of you have a differing opinion.

Cotton did back one piece of OC legislation, the one he had written, and it was FUCKING HORRIBLE. Pretty sure he only offered it so he could say he supports it, but in general he is a big fat Fudd.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    What is the quickest to be banned time? Think I can beat it? ........ Oops, my procrastination kicked in.

kevo62

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 27, 2016
    What is the quickest to be banned time? Think I can beat it? ........ Oops, my procrastination kicked in.
    Lol, depends... my first name was a week. He managed to get ahold of my next 5 pretty quick

I made another one today, just to jack with him.

ikillbugs

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2015
    Gun Barrel City
    Not sure, but going back and checking my email timestamps I signed up at 6:40pm. I made one post, browsed a little while and proceeded to make a second post only to discover I was already banned (they thought I was somebody else who had been banned previously). Timestamp on my email to them asking why I was banned: 7:16pm - so about 30 minutes or less.

motorcarman

Compulsive Collector
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Feb 13, 2015
    Rural Wise County, TX.
    Oh CRAP!!!!!!!!!!! I just discovered I am NOT a member of TX chl forum. I thought I was signed up but I just plugged in my USB stick for all my usernames and passwords.................... not there???????????????

I guess I banned myself.

bob

kevo62

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 27, 2016
    Lol, I made a new login and bypassed the IP block... just steady trolling him

seeker_two

My posts don't count....
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 1, 2008
    That place east of Waco....
    Banned twice and proud of each time. Don't remember why I was banned the first time, but the second was for suggesting that Texas Carry and Pastor Holcomb did more to get OC passed in Texas than TSRA & NRA did. I could imagine Cotton purple-faced in apoplexy at that point....

Wyldman

Well-Known
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 10, 2016
    As a rule, I don't often bother to vote for NRA board members, but based on what I've seen here and other places, I will make it a point to vote against Mr. Cotton at every opportunity in the future.

Crush, kill, mangle, maim, destroy.

V-Tach

Watching While the Sheep Graze
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 30, 2012
    Texas
    I had no idea I hang out with such rabble............

Makes me even prouder to be here....

busykngt

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 14, 2011
    McKinney
    ...Texas Carry and Pastor Holcomb did more to get OC passed in Texas than TSRA & NRA did.

Yeah but that won't stop TSRA from claiming OC as a "win" for themselves with the Texas legislature (and yes, I'm a member). IMO, Alice Trip is another that needs to go. We need fresh blood in that position - a more effective lobbyist.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

soundsmith

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 7, 2016
    San Antonio, TX
    I got banned within two days after registering. Introduced myself, asked a couple of questions because I had just sent off my application. Not sure how but one or two members turned it around and tried to say I was anti-gun/carry/2A. Yeah, just sent in my LTC application and I'm anti-gun/carry/2A? Ok.

Then I found this place :)

Top Bottom