• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bozz10mm

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 5, 2013
    Georgetown
    I signed up and used that forum for about 68 days when I was waiting for my CHL to be processed. Haven't really been back much since. That was 2½ years ago. Oh, wow, I'm already half way to renewal. Time flies. Except when you are waiting for your CHL.
    Hurley's Gold

F350-6

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 25, 2009
    Lol, that was probably my bad... they banned my username "kevo" with no explanation. After that, I made "another_kevo", "still_kevo_shhhh", and "uh_ohhh_its_kevo"... just to piss him off

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

At first I thought you were just a troublemaker who got banned over there and was just coming here to stir up trouble.

But it sounds like you'll fit in here just fine as long as you keep the light hearted attitude.

I haven't been banned from over there. I should find my log in info and go to the new members section and ask if anyone's seen my friend kevo.

kevo62

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 27, 2016
    At first I thought you were just a troublemaker who got banned over there and was just coming here to stir up trouble.

But it sounds like you'll fit in here just fine as long as you keep the light hearted attitude.

I haven't been banned from over there. I should find my log in info and go to the new members section and ask if anyone's seen my friend kevo.
    Lol, nah.. no trouble here. I just thought it was chicken-shit the way he went about it.. so I made 5 usernames and multiple IP addresses just to make it fun.. after all of those got banned, I sent his ass a friend invite on FB, just for grins

Mowingmaniac 24/7

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2015
    Their rule on profanity: TexasCHLforum Rules:

1. No profanity, pseudo-profanity, or abbreviated profanity. If you are in doubt about a word, don't use it. Any profanity substitute that gets the profane message across is prohibited!

So if you post &*^% as a substitute for profanity they'll give you a warning - Happened to me - Do it again and they'll ban you.

Or suggest something illegal, like advocating walking past a 30.06 sign while carrying.

I came close to getting banned twice over time.

That said, I'm curious as to why sometimes posting profanity is no big deal here, but at other times it's converted to *&^% or something similar.

Why the inconsistency, anyone know?

P.S. I see nothing wrong with profanity if it isn't wildly extreme.

busdriver72

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I got banned over there...and I'm not a trouble maker:( . I THINK I know why, but I sent him (Chas) an email simply asking why. I got no response.
    I kinda think if you're gonna ban someone, and they send an email asking politely why, you oughta have the courtesy to respond.
    That is the only forum that I have ever been banned from.

Mowingmaniac 24/7

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2015
    Yeah, when I got a warning from him and honestly didn't know what I'd done wrong, I emailed to ask for clarification.

I got no response.

Really pissed me off so I quit posting.

I wasn't cussing or advocating anything illegal.

I just offered my opinion on a subject, he got pissed for reasons I still don't understand and warned me if I kept it up, I'd be banned.

WTF?

busykngt

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 14, 2011
    McKinney
    I haven't even logged in over there... I can't even recall how long it's been. Seems like it was during the last legislative session. As I recall he was busy voicing some kind of objection to Open Carry so I just logged out & haven't visited since.

TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    That said, I'm curious as to why sometimes posting profanity is no big deal here, but at other times it's converted to *&^% or something similar.

Why the inconsistency, anyone know?
    Personal preference... The forum has a filter that will turn "bad" words into random characters, but you can turn it off. It was pretty amusing when the filter was first turned on. We had to say "rooster the hammer" because "cock" was on the bad word list, lol...

Some people also self censor because they just don't like to cuss. **** those cunts ;)

Savage20

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 23, 2015
    135 Los Gatos Rd
    self censoring is so stupid. they're obviously thinking the word so what difference does it make if they type it? do they think they're not sinning if they spell it out in asterisks or say freak instead of ****?

kevo62

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 27, 2016
    self censoring is so stupid. they're obviously thinking the word so what difference does it make if they type it? do they think they're not sinning if they spell it out in asterisks or say freak instead of $#@!?
    Exactly..

Never understood why a forum geared towards Texan gun enthusiasts needed to be "G" rated

Armybrat

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    This place is tame as a Little Sisters of the Poor newsletter compared to Shaggytexas where I hang out most of the time. . :clown:

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Love to shoot
    Top Bottom