Target Sports

TGT Drill Day - April 19th (This Saturday)

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SIG_Fiend

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 21, 2008
    Austin, TX
    When: April 19th, 10:00am
    Where: Best Of The West Shooting Range, Liberty Hill, TX

We'll be having an impromptu range event to practice pistol drills, especially for those looking to get into action pistol sports, such as IDPA and USPSA. We'll meet at the range office. Plan to be there at 10:00am SHARP, as we will either get a bay immediately, or we may have to wait for one depending on how busy the range is. If we get one immediately, we will likely only have 2hrs on the bay, so we need to get to shooting quick and not wasting time. Plan on bringing as much ammo as you can, but 200-300rds should be plenty. We'll likely only have ~2hrs on the bay, as it is a 3 gun weekend and will be very busy. Feel free to bring any pistols you'd like, as well as any holster, mag pouches, etc. If you don't have any, don't let that stop your from coming, as I have a few extra holsters, mag pouches, etc. and several others might have extras as well. Also, if anyone We'll be doing several timed and untimed drills on the following things:

-Basic Marksmanship
    -Drawstroke
    -Rapid Fire
    -Reloads
    -Shooting at Distance
    -Target Transitions

Also, afterwards, if anyone would like we can go grab some lunch at Dahlia Cafe in Liberty Hill, if you have lots of questions and want to discuss things in greater detail as far as what was covered at the range.
    DK Firearms

breakingcontact

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Oct 16, 2012
    Indianapolis
    I'm planning on going. Please say if you are planning on going. It will help with planning. I'll add you to the list below.

Training session at BOTW: Saturday, April 19th
    SIG_Fiend
    breakingcontact
    TheDan +2
    OnyxATX
    Pilgrim+1
    ducknot

Last edited:

SIG_Fiend

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 21, 2008
    Austin, TX
    Well, lets get at least one of these per month going and see if we can at least get a consistent ~5-10 people involved.

duckknot

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Oct 26, 2013
    Leander, TX
    Anyone interested in going a little bit earlier?

I have finals next week and should study...but if..oh what the hell am I saying..i'm in!

Top Bottom