Capitol Armory ad

TGT Drill Day - April 19th (This Saturday)

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SIG_Fiend

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 21, 2008
    Austin, TX
    Last call for tomorrow. If anyone has any last minute questions or needs help with something, you can always reach me on my cell: 512-413-7050

Try to be at BOTW at 10:00am sharp, and if you're late, we'll let them know at the desk that we're the TGT group, so they can put you on the right bay.

If you don't have any mag pouches, I have a few extras. Also, I have a few holsters for Glocks, I think one Sig P220/226 holster, and that's probably about it.

First order of business once we're all on the bay is to get the target stands setup, which should only take a few minutes. After that, we'll have a safety/range rules discussion for a few minutes, then everyone can bring their guns/gun bags/cases up to the firing line and tables.

Also, if anyone has any concerns, feels uneasy, and especially if you're new to this, DON'T WORRY! :-) You'll learn a lot about how to be safe, how to be confident in knowing how to operate your gun, and feeling a bit more confident to try out IDPA. This stuff is really pretty easy when it gets down to it.

Pilgrim

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 12, 2012
    Volente
    Last call for tomorrow. If anyone has any last minute questions or needs help with something, you can always reach me on my cell: 512-413-7050

Try to be at BOTW at 10:00am sharp, and if you're late, we'll let them know at the desk that we're the TGT group, so they can put you on the right bay.

If you don't have any mag pouches, I have a few extras. Also, I have a few holsters for Glocks, I think one Sig P220/226 holster, and that's probably about it.

First order of business once we're all on the bay is to get the target stands setup, which should only take a few minutes. After that, we'll have a safety/range rules discussion for a few minutes, then everyone can bring their guns/gun bags/cases up to the firing line and tables.

Also, if anyone has any concerns, feels uneasy, and especially if you're new to this, DON'T WORRY! :-) You'll learn a lot about how to be safe, how to be confident in knowing how to operate your gun, and feeling a bit more confident to try out IDPA. This stuff is really pretty easy when it gets down to it.

My wife and I are in. How many mags per pistol do you recommend bringing?

OnyxATX

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 24, 2013
    Austin, TX
    I usually bring three, and end up only using two for my Glocks. (Third is for backup if I need to ditch a mag from a malfunction)

1911 I carry 3 when I'm training or whatever.

breakingcontact

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Oct 16, 2012
    Indianapolis
    My wife and I are in. How many mags per pistol do you recommend bringing?

Like Onyx said bring 3 at least...I seem to think you have at least that many for one gun.

Hey Pilgrim did you want me to bring a full size (bring a sleeve) so you can see how/if you like using full sized mags?

IDPA I think the standard is 3 mags but you can use a forth to top of or something like that.

I shoot an 8 shot gun so I bring a pocketful of mags and change frequently. Really though typically just use 3 in a course of fire.

SIG_Fiend

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 21, 2008
    Austin, TX
    Just bring what you can. At least 2 mags total, and more just speeds things up so that you're not having to load mags quite as often.

Pilgrim

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 12, 2012
    Volente
    Like Onyx said bring 3 at least...I seem to think you have at least that many for one gun.

Hey Pilgrim did you want me to bring a full size (bring a sleeve) so you can see how/if you like using full sized mags?

IDPA I think the standard is 3 mags but you can use a forth to top of or something like that.

I shoot an 8 shot gun so I bring a pocketful of mags and change frequently. Really though typically just use 3 in a course of fire.

I'll bring my G17 with 4 mags and my wife will use a G19 w/ 4 mags. Thanks for the offer on the mags for the M&P (I assume)... but I'm more confident with Glocks for the time being plus I have left-handed holster for my Glocks. As I get more used to the M&P I'll start training with it.

breakingcontact

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Oct 16, 2012
    Indianapolis
    I'll bring my G17 with 4 mags and my wife will use a G19 w/ 4 mags. Thanks for the offer on the mags for the M&P (I assume)... but I'm more confident with Glocks for the time being plus I have left-handed holster for my Glocks. As I get more used to the M&P I'll start training with it.

No prob. It shoots almost like a full size with the full size mags in it.

Good stuff.

I'll be shooting my Shield tomorrow if anyone wants to try it.

Pilgrim

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 12, 2012
    Volente
    I just wanted to say thanks to Travis and the rest of the guys for a great time at the range. My wife and I learned a LOT about the fundamentals of shooting quickly and accurately. Can't wait until the next time - I sure hope this becomes a regular event for the Austin TGT crowd.

Oh, and if you ever doubted Travis' abilities... don't. He's a phenomenal shooter.

duckknot

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Oct 26, 2013
    Leander, TX
    Absolutely! Would love to make it regularly to shoot! I've been wanting to shoot competitively for a long time!

sent from wait....where am I!?

Top Bottom