• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DyeF9

In Thrust We Trust
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 25, 2019
    Red Oak TX
    Clocks with wristbands are popular and I don't get it.

Why so big?

If anything, I prefer half the size of some these watches that're clock size...WTH?

They look goofy as hell.
    My Tissot and Seiko are both pretty normal sized watches. It is very trendy at the moment to have huge watches though. A watch face is also relative to the size of the person's wrist
    Guns International

Mowingmaniac 24/7

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2015
    Dye,

"A watch face is also relative to the size of the person's wrist"

True.

I recall a bud who bought his wife a 3/4 size Rolex and it was perfect for her wrist/arm size.

I wonder if they still make em that small?

My own watch is too damn big. It hangs onto things, get banged around due to it's bulk, but isn't nearly as big as some I see. I got it (a Freestyle) for it's vibrate alarm mode as my crappy hearing doesn't allow me to hear a normal watch alarm.

As big as some are, they have to be pia clunker constantly whacking into stuff...

pronstar

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 2, 2017
    Dallas
    I like chunky watches.
    Today, a 38mm watch is typically for ladies or the Asian market, where folks still prefer “not chunky”.

But things looks to be swaying slightly smaller these days. Not small, just smaller.

My smallest is 41.5mm, pic below...borderline too small for my tastes, but I love it and it’s the only watch I have that will fit under cuffed sleeves LOL

Omega Seamaster 50th Anniversary GMT. Not a fan of the Bond bracelet it came with, so it’s in a Hirsch leather strap.

5d7016ea24dfb574aaf8a276543d2f86.jpg

(Pay no attention to the ring...wife refuses to own conflict diamonds so it’s synthetic)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Attachments

• 5d7016ea24dfb574aaf8a276543d2f86.jpg
      5d7016ea24dfb574aaf8a276543d2f86.jpg
      1.3 MB · Views: 305

GoPappy

Well-Known
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Dec 18, 2015
    I have a 7.25” wrist, and I like a 40 - 42mm watch. But more importantly, I like a thin watch that’s not too heavy.

I’ve got a Sinn U1 that I love, but don’t wear it that much any more because I’m no longer used to wearing heavy watches.

Jakashh

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 30, 2010
    Sugar Land
    Nice! Hirsch makes good straps, that’s what I’ve got on my seiko. And how big are your other watches that make the seamaster look small lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

pronstar

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 2, 2017
    Dallas
    Nice! Hirsch makes good straps, that’s what I’ve got on my seiko. And how big are your other watches that make the seamaster look small lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My largest is 47mm
    I think the rest are 44mm or larger.

pronstar

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 2, 2017
    Dallas
    Is that a unicorn ring?

Definitely one of a kind!
    It’s two rings welded together.

The one with the small jewels belonged to her grandma, very little cash value/ no rarity, but huge sentimental value.

It’s welded to her wedding ring. Just white gold with a 2.5 carat synthetic diamond. Considering this is the second or third (she lost the others), I’m happy that it’s not a real diamond!

ZX9RCAM

Over the Rainbow bridge...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    Definitely one of a kind!
    It’s two rings welded together.

The one with the small jewels belonged to her grandma, very little cash value/ no rarity, but huge sentimental value.

It’s welded to her wedding ring. Just white gold with a 2.5 carat synthetic diamond. Considering this is the second or third (she lost the others), I’m happy that it’s not a real diamond!

I said that because it looks as if something is protruding from the center stone.
    Maybe it's just the picture.

Kar98

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 8, 2016
    DFW
    I like me some solar powered watches, and if they're self-adjusting, no hacking (what they call the thing where you fiddle with the crown to stop the second hand) necessary, so much the better.
    IMG_20180719_185146329.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_20180719_185146329.jpg
      IMG_20180719_185146329.jpg
      78.6 KB · Views: 350

DyeF9

In Thrust We Trust
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 25, 2019
    Red Oak TX
    Dye,

"A watch face is also relative to the size of the person's wrist"

True.

I recall a bud who bought his wife a 3/4 size Rolex and it was perfect for her wrist/arm size.

I wonder if they still make em that small?

My own watch is too damn big. It hangs onto things, get banged around due to it's bulk, but isn't nearly as big as some I see. I got it (a Freestyle) for it's vibrate alarm mode as my crappy hearing doesn't allow me to hear a normal watch alarm.

As big as some are, they have to be pia clunker constantly whacking into stuff...

They make men's watches ranging from relatively small faces to huge ones. I've seen some odd shaped rectangular ones that are tiny up to some WWII recreations that are 50+ mm

Dad_Roman

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 1, 2018
    Teague
    Not a watch guy. Havent worn one in 30 years other than special occasions.
    Have one Rolex. Its nice. It was a gift (from a rich watch guy) cause I would have never bought it.

My Pulsar was the thinnest thing around in 1980 and may still be. Its about 2 quarters thickness. Ive always loved it. Wife bought it for me for somethin. So long ago we dont remember.

IMG_0829.jpg

IMG_0831.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_0829.jpg
      IMG_0829.jpg
      76 KB · Views: 339
    • IMG_0831.jpg
      IMG_0831.jpg
      61.5 KB · Views: 271

pronstar

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 2, 2017
    Dallas
    My Seiko 6309-7040 "Turtle" purchased in 1978. It has been my EDC for almost 42 years and has the battle scars to prove it.

View attachment 194774

Those and various other Seikos are favorites for folks who modify their watches

There are a surprising amount of mods available for them.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom