• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Texan2

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 8, 2008
    South of San Antonio
    It's not like gas prices.. When gas goes up, it goes up everywhere.. Right now you can buy ammo for .30cents a round at one place, and go right up the road and see it for a buck a round..

And gas is a commodity so the reason you see it go up is because it is costing them more to purchase the resupply.. Ammo restock hasn't gone up any.
    And the reason it costs them more is because it is a speculative market. Not because there is less oil or gas actually available. Both guns and oil are speculative markets.
    DK Firearms

Ericstac

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 1, 2012
    TX
    A guy I know just bought an AK for $1400 ..... YIKES !!!! Still panic buying going on.

Wat!! That's nuts..

I want an ar pistol or a pap m92 or an ak under folder but its on the to do list once the prices come down.. It's just a fun gun anyway

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    The madness claiming down?

You are speaking specifically to ammo prices. I am speaking to guns and related items in general.

Ah, I will agree there is a much greater chance of something happening that could keep AR prices sky high. I'm not going to take it as written in stone but there is a lot of risk.

Pyrogenic

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2013
    The madness claiming down?

I still wanna know how you guys have all this time to go looking for ammo or be online buying all this stuff? I work 8 to 10 hrs a day depending and stuff just disappears online.
    Plus with unemployment rate how do they have money? Are they in debt?

For some, this IS what they do. These ARE their bills. Me, I've got 3 kids, a pool, and too many expenses to spend so much as some people apparently do. I am not going into high debt for stocking up more than I will likely ever use. I don't know where all this money comes from either! And some buy so many guns! Maybe they will share when the zombies come... ;)

ROGER4314

Been Called "Flash" Since I Was A Kid!
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2009
    East Houston
    After the announcement on Tuesday there will be a panic surge. We are in a lull before the storm.

If you want to DO something about it....Join the NRA. I get bloody tired of hearing complaints about the NRA from people who are too cheap to invest $35 to protect their 2nd Amendment rights! They whine, bitch and fuss over nothing while the NRA is defending their rights whether they are a member or not. The amount of cash required to keep the NRA in the fight wouldn't pay the tax on that nice AR-15 Feinstein wants to take away from you!

Make no mistake......she has stated her intent to confiscate our rifles repeatedly! Then we have Biden, Shumer, Holder and a host of other sworn enemies of the Second Amendment on that task force reaching out to grab that rifle away from you. The only thing keeping those pin heads from accomplishing their goals is the NRA!

JOIN THE NRA! If you like another pro-2nd Amendment group, then join that, too!

Flash

mitchntx

Sarcasm Sensei
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 15, 2012
    Waco-ish
    JOIN THE NRA!

Flash

I joined the NRA recently.

I'm not a fan of the NRA ... not because of anything particular they do, I'm just anti-PAC.

But I decided that the only way to curb this train wreck is to fight fire with fire.

TX69

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 23, 2012
    DFW
    Wat!! That's nuts..

I want an ar pistol or a pap m92 or an ak under folder but its on the to do list once the prices come down.. It's just a fun gun anyway

He only bought the AK because he couldn't find an AR under$2000 LOL ! He then bought AK Mags @ $65 EACH ! hahahahaaa

Ericstac

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 1, 2012
    TX
    And the reason it costs them more is because it is a speculative market. Not because there is less oil or gas actually available. Both guns and oil are speculative markets.

But it's not costing manufacturers more to make firearms and ammo.. Today it still cost the same to make an ar15 and the honest companies are still selling them for the same old price. So there is zero reason for a hike in prices, people are doing it because in stock was purchased so fast that greed took over and the opportunity to charge two-three times for a gun came..

So your Emory of saying its like when gas went up it never came down, just isn't the same.. This up in guns and ammo is fake and the real cost is still exactly the same.. It could however change drastically like you said depending on what Joe and O come up with..

RstyShcklfrd

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 23, 2011
    Dallas
    After the announcement on Tuesday there will be a panic surge. We are in a lull before the storm.

If you want to DO something about it....Join the NRA. I get bloody tired of hearing complaints about the NRA from people who are too cheap to invest $35 to protect their 2nd Amendment rights! They whine, bitch and fuss over nothing while the NRA is defending their rights whether they are a member or not. The amount of cash required to keep the NRA in the fight wouldn't pay the tax on that nice AR-15 Feinstein wants to take away from you!

Make no mistake......she has stated her intent to confiscate our rifles repeatedly! Then we have Biden, Shumer, Holder and a host of other sworn enemies of the Second Amendment on that task force reaching out to grab that rifle away from you. The only thing keeping those pin heads from accomplishing their goals is the NRA!

JOIN THE NRA! If you like another pro-2nd Amendment group, then join that, too!

Flash

It's actually $25 for now, and you get a $25 gift card to Bass Pro.

I recently joined. You've just got to do it.

Texan2

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 8, 2008
    South of San Antonio
    Re: The madness claiming down?

But it's not costing manufacturers more to make firearms and ammo.. Today it still cost the same to make an ar15 and the honest companies are still selling them for the same old price. So there is zero reason for a hike in prices, people are doing it because in stock was purchased so fast that greed took over and the opportunity to charge two-three times for a gun came..

So your Emory of saying its like when gas went up it never came down, just isn't the same.. This up in guns and ammo is fake and the real cost is still exactly the same.. It could however change drastically like you said depending on what Joe and O come up with..

You are the one that doesn't get it. When gas goes from $2 to $4, it costs the exact same to produce. It is market SPECULATION that drives the price, just as it is with gun prices right now. This is real real basic economics. You can call it "fear", but that is an incorrect assessment. Guns are, just like petroleum, a speculative market. Repeating an incorrect analysis of what drives markets doesn't make it correct.

Sent from my VS840 4G using Tapatalk 2

Shorts

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 28, 2008
    Texas
    I'm seeing a few things come available from ammo to parts, however prices are still too high. Biggest irk is the people buying ammo for ridiculous prices. It's like they don't check the cost per round. COME ON, MAN! People willing to buy items at inflated prices are creating a terrible future buying environment for everybody.

Newbs, do your homework!

Shooter McGavin

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 26, 2012
    Free Texas
    You got that shit right, I can't tell you how many people I've over heard recently at various sporting goods retailers that had absolutely no freaking idea what they were getting into. All they know is - well so and so got one, so am I. Don't get me wrong having new people getting into the firearm world is great but "COME ON MAN" at least research and know what the hell you're buying....

Top Bottom