• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 24DONE

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 5, 2012
    kerr
    The current panic buyers will still be the panic group when it hits the fan. A $2k AR several $50 mags and maybe a few rounds. No training, unfamiliar with operating the AR platform, no food, no water and barely a clue. Only good part is that they'll help thin the Zombie herd before they become infected. I wish them luck.

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 17, 2010
    Austin
    If there is a ban prices will go up. If there is no ban prices will go down, but I do not expect prices to come back to what they were.

TexasRedneck

1911 Nut
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    New Braunfels, TX
    If there is a ban prices will go up. If there is no ban prices will go down, but I do not expect prices to come back to what they were.

I do - in fact, wouldn't be surprised to see 'em fall BELOW that for a while, as all the hoarders try to unload their suddenly "non-preban" guns/ammo before everyone else does and recover some of their "investment" before their credit card statement becomes due.

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 17, 2010
    Austin
    I do - in fact, wouldn't be surprised to see 'em fall BELOW that for a while, as all the hoarders try to unload their suddenly "non-preban" guns/ammo before everyone else does and recover some of their "investment" before their credit card statement becomes due.

That would be nice. Feeding frenzy for us.

GlockontheRocks

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 17, 2010
    McAllen, TX
    Is the madness calming down. In a nutshell, Hell No!! We were vendors at this weekend's Saxet show in Pharr, TX. I saw some transactions that were jaw dropping.
    Colt 6920(?) AR w/ magpul furniture, $ 2900, saw 2 sold at that price. A $450 AK Pistol went for $ 1300 w/no mag. Did snag a few DPMS LPK's for $85. That's about a 30% increase over what I normally paid before. Did also score a Billet lower for $ 400. (and on layaway to boot, dealer is a friend of mine). Considering that there isn't much out there right now and the fact that Spikes lowers are selling for well over $ 200. I thought it was fair (Just really trying to justify that much for a damn lower!) Ammo for 9mm was plentiful as far as 9mm, 45acp, 40S&W on Sat. 9mm 115gr. JHP were $ 15 for a box of 50. I thought that was fair. Bought 12 boxes.
    Saw a few P-mags, $ 40 was the lowest price I saw them for. Regular G.I. AR mags were $ 30 - $ 40. Saw one guy buy enough of the $ 30 mags to fill a small back pack.

1slow01Z71

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jun 24, 2012
    Kyle
    Buddy of mine helps a shop in MS that only sells reloading components at the shows. He sent me a text earlier saying they sold 57,000 just in cash, they havent counted checks and credit cards yet. Thats nuts, just on frigging components and theyre just one table at a show. Hope all this chills out and I can load up on everything I need/want for cheap.

kusai

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 30, 2011
    Bedford TX
    The Fear mongering still has its effect. I just had a friend call me and asked me if I could help him buy a "pre ban assault rifle" (yeah as if its coming in next week) and all I could do is just put him on hold and laugh. Well he still thinks a bushmaster for $3200 is fair price.

ROGER4314

Been Called "Flash" Since I Was A Kid!
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2009
    East Houston
    For AR-15 prices, it's best to stay tuned. Let's see what the Pin Heads in Washington do, first.

RE: NRA Memberships. Good going guys! I'm proud of you! I had several issues with NRA some years back and we parted company twice. They began to compromise with Liberals like Feinstein and I got plenty steamed about it. We can't bargain with those turds and NRA has picked up that fight. No deals, No compromises!

I'm proud that you guys reconciled your positions with the NRA. It's the best deal that we have going! Actually, I had to give up some attitude, too. I think the NRA is on exactly the right track and they're doing a fine job.

Flash

soada101

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 2, 2012
    Euless, TX
    Re: The madness claiming down?

Just got some 300 aac BO Remington 115 grain. 14 plus tax (100 rounds for $75).at some little town I was passing through. (drive rigs) Today on gun broker same 100 rounds going for $200.. Stupid. Even if I only 1 magazine of ammo I wouldn't spend over double because of the scare. I don't plan on going anywhere for a while so I will wait it out. If I don't make it then it won't matter.

Sent from Samsung Galaxy SIII using Tapatalk.

wcthetexan

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 2, 2012
    Beaumont, Tx
    Just heard on the news and verified on google, that Walmart has suspended all ammo purchases pending the outcome of the coming announcements on gun control.

hardcase60

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 5, 2011
    Central Texas
    Take for granted this press release from the Wally World website is five days old but it smells kinda funny:

Jan. 9, 2013 - "Walmart, like the rest of the country, has been engaged in a national dialogue about the responsible sale and regulation of firearms.

"We have had ongoing conversations with the Administration, Congress, Mayor Bloomberg’s office, sportsmen groups, suppliers and others to listen and share our thoughts and experiences.

"Over the years we have been very purposeful about striking the right balance between serving hunters and sportsmen and ensuring that we sell firearms responsibly. In fact, we became a charter member of Mayor Bloomberg’s coalition against illegal guns and adopted the 10-point code established by the Responsible Firearms Retailer Partnership that goes beyond what the law requires.

"Knowing our senior leaders could not be in Washington this week, we spoke in advance with the Vice President’s office to share our perspective. We underestimated the expectation to attend the meeting on Thursday in person, so we are sending an appropriate representative to participate.

"We take this issue very seriously and are committed to staying engaged in this discussion as the Administration and Congress work toward a consensus on the right path forward."

-- David Tovar, Vice President, Corporate Communications

TexasRedneck

1911 Nut
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    New Braunfels, TX
    Oh.....and FOR THE RECORD:

I just got off the phone with my local Walmart. He says orders are sparse, but they continue to order it.

So, would you rumor-mongers please CHECK YER FREAKIN' SOURCES FIRST?!?!?!?!?!?

Shotgun Jeremy

Spelling Bee Champeon
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 8, 2012
    Central Texas
    I just called my walmart and asked the guy if walmart is still selling ammo, and he said yep, sure are. I asked him if orders have stopped coming in, and he said one was supposed to come in yesterday and didn't. We'll see what happens with tnights order.

hardcase60

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 5, 2011
    Central Texas
    Just heard on the news and verified on google, that Walmart has suspended all ammo purchases pending the outcome of the coming announcements on gun control.

Where do these people get this crap??? My previous post was straight from the Walmart website with nothing since then. I also googled and found NOTHING!!

Top Bottom