• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    my other question would be - what does it matter?
    This:
    But Obama’s announcement, he said, “rendered moot all of the intelligence that was gathered from the nexus of al-Qaida.

I think this report should be treated with as much skepticism as any of the others, however. I find it extremely hard to believe that anyone who was actually there and knows it first hand will ever say anything about it. That sort of thing just doesn't happen.
    Gun Zone Deals

TrailDust

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 29, 2009
    Kalifornication
    I've always taken the account in the press with a grain of salt. How SEAL Team 6 (and Delta in particular) operate and how the media/Hollywood present them are most often two different things.

shortround

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 24, 2011
    Grid 0409
    The whole thing still smells.

We trotted out the bodies of Uday & Kusay, showed the hanging of Saddam, laid out the dead leaders of AQI for all to see, and a host of other dead radical islamists for more to see.

The Egyptians showcased a bed-ridden Mubarak in a kangaroo court.

The Libyans showcased a slain Kaddafi and his dead son and closest bubbas (and even they did not have the "sensitivity" to observe Muslim burial
    customs).

But we were so "kind and gentle and politically/culturally sensitive" that we could not haul Osama's worthless carcass back to Washington D.C. and hoist it on a pike in front of the White House, or hang it from Lady Liberty's out-stretched hand in New York?

How in the heck does a photograph of a dead Osama in any way compromise national security?

Back to rule #1: Pictures or it did not happen.

Be well.

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    I agree.

There's actually quite a few SEALs, and most aren't DEVGRU. This sounds to me like some guy who once made it through and became a "SEAL" who has a buddy there who knows someone who might have been in a support capacity who heard from another communications guy talk about what happened...or he might have read it online

$1,000,000 says it wasn't anyone directly related to the operation. But, if I'm a reporter and can quote a "SEAL" then I look to have the inside track, my editor now loves me and most normal human Americans will believe me.

This guy has apparently written a memoir, and the page for the book about the OBL raid says he was an assault element leader for DEVGRU (it actually says Team 6). I think he'd have wound up being called out for lying about something like that at the very least, and it's really possible he'd get his ass kicked for it.

Also, the account in the article makes a thousand times more sense than the 45 minute firefight. SEALs like to go in with lots of firepower, but a 45 minute battle? No way they were rolling THAT heavy.

just jk

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 27, 2011
    dee eff dub
    The whole thing still smells.

We trotted out the bodies of Uday & Kusay, showed the hanging of Saddam, laid out the dead leaders of AQI for all to see, and a host of other dead radical islamists for more to see.

The Egyptians showcased a bed-ridden Mubarak in a kangaroo court.

The Libyans showcased a slain Kaddafi and his dead son and closest bubbas (and even they did not have the "sensitivity" to observe Muslim burial
    customs).

But we were so "kind and gentle and politically/culturally sensitive" that we could not haul Osama's worthless carcass back to Washington D.C. and hoist it on a pike in front of the White House, or hang it from Lady Liberty's out-stretched hand in New York?

How in the heck does a photograph of a dead Osama in any way compromise national security?

Back to rule #1: Pictures or it did not happen.

Be well.

lots and lots of people involved to keep your conspiracy theory under wraps

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    OK, I got clearance from high up to release this one image of dead bin Laden from the mission; but don't share it with anyone!

bin_laden_shot_leaked_photo.jpg

hkusp1

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 25, 2009
    DALLAS, TX
    We will never know the true story behind the death of bin laden only the seals that were in the room when it happened will and they ain't going to give anyone the real story. I highly doubt obummer even knows the whole truth or even cares enough to try to find out.

zembonez

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2008
    Republic of Texas
    We will obviously never know what really went down there. Any so called SEAL team member that comes forward and talks to the press is immediately suspect in my opinion. It flies in the face of everything he is sworn to.

TrailDust

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 29, 2009
    Kalifornication
    We will obviously never know what really went down there. Any so called SEAL team member that comes forward and talks to the press is immediately suspect in my opinion. It flies in the face of everything he is sworn to.

The timing is suspect in order to cash in on the continuing hype, but there are precedents for it. Pete Blaber and Eric Haney, both former Delta operators, were allowed to write books about the unit. Of course, 95% of the details were left out, but those same restrictions will apply to the SEAL member. He may also enjoy some relaxation of standards due to the PR value of the book he writes.

wllmwallace

Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    Denton, TX
    Oh boy, where to start....Chuck Pfarrer writes screenplays and books. He sells these to make $$. He is known in the community as a stand up guy, and was a good operator while AD. He's been down range and knows his stuff. That being said he KNOWS about OPSEC. He also KNOWS what sells, how to sell it, and what to write about to get it SOLD. Kind of like Michael Crichton writing about the medical field (ER as well as books related to the medical field), he was a doctor, makes sense to write about what you know. Chuck was a member of DEVGRU (there is no SEAL Team 6 by the way...it was disbanded back in '86 and converted to DEVGRU, or Naval Special Warfare Developement Group....whole other topic for discussion) before getting out, and still shows up at reunions and like most, still talks to members of the community, it's a SMALL community. I wouldn't doubt he has talked to some operators who may or may not have been on the ground that night, but for him to write about it, and try to make $$ from it, he most certainly would not do. So, keep in mind that while the story is being told.....it's a story. Does it have a ring of truth to it? You bet...like I said, Chuck is VERY good at what he does.

TrailDust

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 29, 2009
    Kalifornication
    Thing of it is there's so many misnomers for unit names, platform names, operation names, etc., that it's easier to use the generic name. Everybody's on the same page that way.

Wolfwood

Self Appointed Board Chauvinist
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    personally i think he had been dead for some time, and this was just some kindof weird conspiracy.

TrailDust

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 29, 2009
    Kalifornication
    personally i think he had been dead for some time, and this was just some kindof weird conspiracy.

Most of the available intel had him dead at Tora Bora, splitting the intelligence community down the middle about whether he was alive or dead. Ultimately, the inability to have human intelligence sources really hamstrung us. It's really hard to penetrate that part of the world.

shortround

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 24, 2011
    Grid 0409
    It never happened.

Where's the proof?

A compromised stealth helo?

Back to Rule #1. Photographs.

Even the Islamists base their claims on visual proof.

We are loosing the Propaganda War.

Be well.

Top Bottom