• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Wolfwood

Self Appointed Board Chauvinist
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    I was looking at getting like a $650 side folding stock by Mako for my Saiga 12 project, but now I might just go with the Slide Fire for only $300.

^^

the first time i saw this i wanted to put one on a saiga 12. holy crap talk about a force multiplier :)
    Venture Surplus ad

Marlowe

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    out in the boonies
    @Marlowe: So in summation; your tried the Slide Fire and it did not meet your requirements for what you were looking for and found that it had no use to you.

I appreciate and support your decision that it was not something that was determined to be appropriate or desired by you for your use. The same as I respect and support others ( including my own ) decision that they found it to be something that they did find desirable and wanted to add in to their shooting experience. To wholesale discount it based only on your own opinion of it and its applicability for your own use is, in my opinion, pretty closed minded. I may try a product and determine that I don't like it or have a use for it, but that does not mean that the product has no value to anyone else and is silly or worthless. The beauty of enjoying the sport of firearms is that we all can tailor it to our own particular interests, desires and enjoyment based on our own individual tastes, needs and wants.
    At what point did I ever say that such a thing would not be enjoyable? I have used it, and have come to the conclusion that I won't be spending my hard-earned money for it. I have listed my personal reasons why, and if there is someone here who is interested in the downside, they may be interested in hearing one guy's contrary opinion. Did I ever say it wouldn't work? My entire premise is simply to refute the assertion that this thing is going to do anything but make a procedure which is available to anybody with a gun and a finger, easier. Would I use the thing if one were given to me? Absolutely. It's simply not worth that kind of money for the marginal improvement over what I can already do.. My opinion, for whatever it's worth. That's a long way from "wholesale discount". Sure, it works as advertised: it's a lot of fun, albeit expensive fun, and doesn't take anywhere near as much time to learn as the old-fashioned method.. It's not, like almost anything, without it's drawbacks, and mentioning them does not constitute being "closed minded".
    So to sum up my own comments and opinion, if it is not for you then that is your choice; but be considerate of the fact that not everyone's interests are the same as your. There is no legitimate reason to denigrate or cajole someone who purchases it or uses it. I thank you for providing your initial feedback that you did not find it to your liking. I think that was all that was needed to be said.
    I honestly don't think I've denigrated anyone here: I've questioned some claims, that's it: for example, we've had people mentioning cyclic rates and how they would be impossible with a finger: that is patently untrue, a fact which should be obvious to anyone who has the slightest idea of how the thing works. After all is said and done, I've been pretty civil compared to some others who took exception to my honest opinion and my own right to express it in a public forum. If some individuals can't handle an opposing viewpoint being aired, I'd suggest they pull on their big girl panties and deal with it.

As for the ATF some day deciding it can no longer be sold, its like any other possible ATF rule change; we'll have to cross that bridge when we come to it. Until that time I, and others, will continue to use and enjoy it.
    Agreed.

Southpaw

Forum BSer
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    Guadalupe Co.
    I'm gonna pistol whip the next person that says "shenanigans"

SHENANIGANS!!!SHENANIGANS!!!SHENANIGANS!!!SHENANIGANS!!!SHENANIGANS!!!SHENANIGANS!!!SHENANIGANS!!!SHENANIGANS!!!SHENANIGANS!!!SHENANIGANS!!!SHENANIGANS!!!SHENANIGANS!!!SHENANIGANS!!!

How bout the Hellfire trigger? Are the legal?

midnightyell

Makes Aggie Jokes Reality
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2012
    Cypress
    My results first time using it on a saiga weren't nearly as impressive as the video above, but here it is for what it's worth...

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    LAKRAMER1211
    Top Bottom