• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • chris211

Gimme Back My Bullets!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 19, 2012
    TX
    A few day ago, I had a dream I smoked and could not get the smell off my hands no matter how many times I washed them.

Day 16

Glockster69

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 1, 2011
    Congrats to all!
    What you are working towards - no dummy, the one on the left

lungs.jpg

Glockster69

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 1, 2011
    Understood but, we hounded the parents to stop and they finally did. ....
    Then we started Hope she fairs better

jocat54

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 10, 2011
    Lindale, Texas
    Got my eGo electronic cigarette today. Took me awhile to figure it all out, but got it working.
    It really is a lot like smoking a tobacco cigarette, just without all the extra shit in tobacco. I'm thinking it might just work to get me off the real thing. Hoping!!!

TxDad

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2010
    Central Texas
    Got my eGo electronic cigarette today. Took me awhile to figure it all out, but got it working.
    It really is a lot like smoking a tobacco cigarette, just without all the extra shit in tobacco. I'm thinking it might just work to get me off the real thing. Hoping!!!

Its a whole lot better than one would think huh? I just finished day 4 and still going. :)

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 14, 2011
    Waxahachie
    man im in the process of breaking myself of tobacco, (snuff) i must say this is the hardest thing i have done in a looonnnnnggggg time. hell ive only been doing it for like 5 years.

Also i have managed to make a can last 2 weeks where as before i was going through like 3-5 cans a week

chris211

Gimme Back My Bullets!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 19, 2012
    TX
    I would consider one, but now at day 16, I feel I have ditched the habit of reaching for a smoke and don't want to screw that up by actually having something to smoke. If I was on day 1 I would because as a pack and a half a day smoker, this gum just barely pushed me through the first 7 days. I did pretty good even though somedays I just wanted to punch a puppy!!

It's still a little touchy right after I eat. It does get easier every day and since I work around several smokers, I can honestly say, smoking stinks. I can smell it on people now when they walk by.

I would have bought approximatley $131.50 in cigarettes over the past 16 days. Buying the off brand nicotine gum, I have spent $45.36 and it will last me til day 21 at which point I would have spent $173.25 for cigarettes.

chris211

Gimme Back My Bullets!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 19, 2012
    TX
    man im in the process of breaking myself of tobacco, (snuff) i must say this is the hardest thing i have done in a looonnnnnggggg time. hell ive only been doing it for like 5 years.

Also i have managed to make a can last 2 weeks where as before i was going through like 3-5 cans a week
    I was gonna be smart one time and use snuff to kick smoking. Boy that worked out dandy!! Now I have a habit that requires also requires me to spit and hell, that stuff got expensive. It use to be dirt cheap to buy a can of snuff, hell it's as much as a pack of smokes now.

Good Luck Everyone!! Hang in there!

Domineaux

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 14, 2010
    Houston

Glad to hear it, they certainly are the easiest way to quit real tobacco.

If you've made it a week or more, e-cigs aren't worth it, but having them from the get go sure will allow success.

Glockster69

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 1, 2011
    I have been smoking for over 30 years. I would hate to even know what mine look like!!
    16 days smoke free, positive changes are already taking place.
    Just curious, how bad is/was the coughing?

Think success and keep it up everyone!

mroper

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 7, 2011
    Katy, TX
    I applaud everyone for their effort. Having lost my Father and Grandfather at young ages to emphysema, you are also helping your families and friends.

chris211

Gimme Back My Bullets!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 19, 2012
    TX
    16 days smoke free, positive changes are already taking place.
    Just curious, how bad is/was the coughing?

Think success and keep it up everyone!
    I have not had any coughing or hacking problems. I have had people tell me that I would likely cough alot when I quit, but nothing. (so far)

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Not much coughing from me, and cigarettes stink bad. They also taste like a the filter is burning right from the start.

I don't think I could start smoking again at this point just because I would have to deal with what it really tastes and smells like.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AngeliaH

Life's Peachy
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 5, 2012
    Central Texas
    I woke up coughing the first 2 nights. Not much since. Been 9 days now.
    My boss smokes and boy can I smell it. I smell everything else better too.
    Congrats everybody and keep going!!!!

Top Bottom